Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish Ambrose Island was better

It's not bad , but it is decidedly mid. Give me another dense enclosed area like the Bank imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Paris attic start

Optional objectives: kill 3 guards with assault rifle, kill 3 guards with shotgun, kill 3 guards with smg, kill target with epic smg

Hitman: Silent Assassin

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

The_Doctor posted:

So where do you think the Safehouse is?

My bf and I were discussing it and we think either somewhere PNW, Scandinavia, or Eastern Europe.

I would guess the safehouse is a repurposed bunker from the ark society, and IoI like self-reference, so I would guess Denmark. I would also look to the license plates for a possible hint.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ripper Swarm posted:

The safehouse has real strong Scandi vibes, and given the developers are based in Denmark I just assumed it was there :shrug:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Perestroika posted:

It's his neighbour Malthe, who comes by every weekend with some salted licorice. 47 has not yet found a way to dissuade him.

"Oh I see you got a new helicopter." "Yes. The price tag was murder."

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Google Jeb Bush posted:

"Oh I see you got a new helicopter." "Yes. The price tag was murderthere was a killer sale in Dubai."

"And prices weren't the only thing falling."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Paris attic start

Optional objectives: kill 3 guards with assault rifle, kill 3 guards with shotgun, kill 3 guards with smg, kill target with epic smg

Hitman: Silent Assassin
Perfect start, you got all those isolated guards up there

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Exactly. Sometimes I’ll get those and just realise it’s worth binning off the SA prestige for them.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Ripper Swarm posted:

ghost of Jasper Knight

I skimmed over this as "Jesper Kyd" and then I got sad for a minute thinking he was dead. He is not. I didn't realize (or forgot) that he did the music for the State of Decay games, which explains why the score is so good for those games.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

2 days ago I had 600+k murderbux and was still enjoying the game but concerned that I'd finally mastered it to the point that I would have to actively go out of my way to lose. Guess I'm just that good a player :mmmhmm:

So anyway I'm now down to 19k..... :cripes:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Me: huh, that's weird. I left the trespassing zone after changing costumes and everyone still has white dots on their heads. Must be a horrible bug, time to sprint for the exit.
Everyone in the level: event staff aren't supposed to have assault rifles on their backs! oh no!

i dropped it a couple seconds later, which didn't stop everyone behind me from shooting at me but did buy me some precious seconds as the people in front of me go "what? what's going on?" rather than, you know,

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

The worst pier unlock is the one that puts a fish there. Despite looking identical, it isn't actually the same fish that you can hook with a fishing pole. It can't be cut open for poison.

It also takes up an additional inventory slot compared to the ones that you catch, so that's one more reason not to bother with it unless you have the space to waste.

I learned that if you aren't bringing in a large weapon of some kind but still want a briefcase at the start of a mission without having to deal with retrieving a suspicious item; fish out a driftwood log and bring it in with you. It takes up no inventory space (even when you're maxed out) and since it costs nothing, leaving it behind is never a problem even if you don't find some kind of use for it.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Alerted Hokkaido is the god drat worst. What disguise is even good for the top floor? Both Elite Guard and The Director still run into plenty of enforcers.

At one point I just gave up and accepted straight out combat and I must have mowed down fifty people before I finally managed to grab a doctor disguise and sprint out of there, leaving my epic assault rifle behind. :(

I'll buy it back soon enough, but drat that still stung.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

2 days ago I had 600+k murderbux and was still enjoying the game but concerned that I'd finally mastered it to the point that I would have to actively go out of my way to lose. Guess I'm just that good a player :mmmhmm:

So anyway I'm now down to 19k..... :cripes:

Stock market gets all of us

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I just noticed the workers/guards are drinking cimarron in Mendoza. That's some great attention to detail.

Love this game.

Rythian posted:

Alerted Hokkaido is the god drat worst. What disguise is even good for the top floor? Both Elite Guard and The Director still run into plenty of enforcers.

You're going to be really mad when I tell you it's Jason Portman

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Good cheekbones will get you anywhere

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

KillHour posted:

I just noticed the workers/guards are drinking cimarron in Mendoza. That's some great attention to detail.

Love this game.

I discovered that I've completely forgotten how to steal his disguise even though he helpfully follows you around :negative:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I discovered that I've completely forgotten how to steal his disguise even though he helpfully follows you around :negative:

Bathroom.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

KillHour posted:

No way, shut up, you're kidding! Not cool man, shut up! (I should have guessed. Thanks!)

Yuri Lowenthal's best role in this game, I swear, shut up!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know Nielsen vs Kyd is a controversial topic amongst fans, but I have to say I love how the soundtrack intertwines with the club music in Berlin at key moments, especially as it swells up at the end. It really makes everything seem so natural and like you're king of the world when you finally finish something.

I did the only non-premium Chongqing escalation earlier. Quite a reasonable one, although I did a lot of waiting around because Hush never fucks off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It is time to visit Mumbai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5A28R1eP40

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

It is time to visit Mumbai

You could power a small city with the collective frustration of players when they place a banana peel perfectly and then the person you're targeting does a 270 and starts walking in a different direction :allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rythian posted:

No way, shut up, you're kidding! Not cool man, shut up! (I should have guessed. Thanks!)

Yuri Lowenthal's best role in this game, I swear, shut up!

That's Yuri Lowenthal??????

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dabir posted:

That's Yuri Lowenthal??????

Which made me wonder just now: who the hell is "Ayakashi"?

:aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWz4KsUPl8

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I would guess the safehouse is a repurposed bunker from the ark society, and IoI like self-reference, so I would guess Denmark. I would also look to the license plates for a possible hint.

The license plate matches the swedish format (3 letters 3 numbers) and the outside is far too rocky to be Denmark. So I'm guessing :sweden:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I agree with that but in certain transition scenes you can see 47 driving his car past a clearly north american city. Also I'm less sure of it but I think the road markings point to NA too.

I'm pretty sure those can be tied to the level you're going to / from. Hokkaido drive loading screen is snowy for example.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

What the hell!?!?! :aaa:

They put SO MUCH into this game, holy poo poo.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Man, not being able to pick that ball up looks infuriating! I was expecting 47 to find a way to get it jnto the furnace as a nod to the game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I'm pretty sure those can be tied to the level you're going to / from. Hokkaido drive loading screen is snowy for example.

I am pretty confident they're not because I got the snowy driving when loading Haven.

Lima posted:

The license plate matches the swedish format (3 letters 3 numbers) and the outside is far too rocky to be Denmark. So I'm guessing :sweden:

That's just Northern Denmark. :colbert:

Mierenneuker posted:

Holy mother. Just amazing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Getting Wheatley all the way to to the finish is surprisingly tough, his physics aren't great

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh my god, I love this.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Devo posted:

I swear, no matter how much I try to do the right thing, alerted Hokkaido just ends up littered with bodies every time.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I don’t think I ever got a different spawn than the school in Marrakesh. It’s honestly not that bad if you’ve got a crowbar though, and the upside is you get an elite disguise immediately. The one I’m scared to get one day is the Hokkaido morgue.

Alerted Hokkaido's morgue start is actually very doable (I've gotten it a few times lately). Wait until both elite guards have pathed out of the room and both doctors have their back to you - it should be about 30 seconds. Immediately go down the hallway nearest to your bed, and head downstairs. There is (or will be) a regular guard leaning on a railing outside to the right - pacify, hide/dump the body (there is a closet just inside), change, and grab his gun. Go back upstairs the way you came, and lay the pistol you got from the guard on the other side of the door from the stairwell. The elite guard patrolling in the morgue will see it, pick it up, and then path downstairs right past you, and it is safe to subdue him in that stairwell.

Now you have both the bodyguard and the resort security disguises, which should get you everywhere you need to be.

Meowywitch posted:

I wish Ambrose Island was better

It's not bad , but it is decidedly mid. Give me another dense enclosed area like the Bank imo

Biggest issue I have with Ambrose is on Showdowns, it can be hard to tell between blonde and brown hair in some areas due to lighting. I can probably change up some graphics settings but for now I just don't bother with showdowns on that map.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Shooting Blanks posted:

Biggest issue I have with Ambrose is on Showdowns, it can be hard to tell between blonde and brown hair in some areas due to lighting. I can probably change up some graphics settings but for now I just don't bother with showdowns on that map.
Using the Freelancer Variations mod I enabled Midday and Evening Ambrose and disabled the vanilla map and the experience is ten times better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1G_G2r5sE

This guy sucks. I tried so many different paths to try and get an interesting kill on this stupid sack of poo poo and he just sucks. Did you know he stops pathing after half an hour? I do, because I followed him for 45 minutes trying to get loving anything out of this arsehole. He has poo poo-all dialogue, no interesting paths, a totally uncooperative bodyguard, random pathing. Tried dropping a speaker on this guy? Good luck, he stands right next to it but gently caress you if you think he's gonna go look at a distraction underneath it. Thought about shooting out the piano support like an incredible badass to distract the waiter, then putting the guard to sleep so you could shoot the bodyguard to distract him then just snipe the target in the garden slightly behind a wall while the guards sprint to your position? Immediately lose silent assassin even though you killed nobody and weren't seen! Fetch a propane tank? Enjoy waiting until he selects to path to his smoking spot! Even his 'ambush' spots at the secluded fountain are terrible to use. Bald prick.

One of the paths he likes is he just walks to the room where the two spy ladies are arguing and just stares into it from the doorway for a couple of seconds before heading back through the bar to see if there's more women to harass, although given how often he'll just stand in a corner seemingly harassing nobody at all maybe that's not why he's going through there.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 30, 2023

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Ghostlight posted:

This guy sucks.

Agreed. He's one of the early Elusives, so he's from when IOI was still finding their groove.

He gets the fartbox and a turd-flavored death. Because he's a turd.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I fartcased him and then hid him and his bodyguard in the storage room across from the toilets because I remembered from ET Arcade that getting the other objective had some notes. A solid move on my part to delay the kill, because otherwise I would have needed an ALT-F4 or two.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I didn't get SA on The Broker, the bodyguard spotted me doing the deed. Fine with me though, this happened to be the ET that unlocked my Signature Suit with Gloves. Might not have much need for ETs going forward, I just unlocked the Winter Suite and the Signature Suit with Gloves in back to back ETs, I'm not sure there's anything else I really want that unlocks through the ET challenges.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I only started playing for real late in Year Two on the drat Switch, so this is actually my first SA Elusive Target.

Sniped him with the Seiker from the fountain area while he's talking with one of the security guys, drown him in the toilet, gently caress off to the safe.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
My first ever Elusive Target attempt.

I did not check to see if the plug sitting in the puddle was live before exposing the wires.

Next one can’t really go worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I decided to come back to this game last night after a few weeks playing other games and my PC ended up crashing during gameplay. I went to the BIOS and it would lock up anytime I tried to load a saved profile so I updated the BIOS and everything seemed to be working normally again except that Hitman refused to even launch. I DDUed and reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver, tried turning off XMP in case it was a RAM issue, verified integrity, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and none of it worked. Then I found a post saying that sometimes the shader cache can become corrupt so I deleted the PipelineCache.bin, and PipelineLibrary.bin files in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\IO Interactive\HITMAN3 so the game would create new ones and it solved the issue. Supposedly this can also work if you have issues with certain levels crashing regularly.