Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
just dont mention the whirligig blade in the izone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I’d post in Imp Zone but they all like fun action games like platformers and souls-likes and my preferred games are things like “Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017” so I feel like I’d be harshing the whole vibe

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skeleton warrior posted:

I’d post in Imp Zone but they all like fun action games like platformers and souls-likes and my preferred games are things like “Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017” so I feel like I’d be harshing the whole vibe

Yo tell me more bout Lim Bennet

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Can't believe there hasn't been another Lim Bennet's Moving Goods between Warehouses Simulator in six years, smdh

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017 on the steam deck

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lollontee posted:

just dont mention the whirligig blade in the izone

Why

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I was told I couldn’t post about phish in imp zone. Bunch of trolls there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can't believe people say the PS5 has no games when it has a back catalogue of amazing PS4 classics like Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

Yo tell me more bout Lim Bennet

He made one good game in 1983, "Lim Bennet's Box Bubber" where you played a warehouse worker trying to sort incoming crates while the KGB sent agents to overthrow capitalism by maiming you, personally. It was fun and very innovative for its time due to the whole "sort items by chemical makeup" mechanic.

From there, he started his own company, Lim Bennett's LogisitiGames, which has put out a bunch of good games like the aforementioned "Lim Bennet's Moving Goods between Warehouses Simulator" which debuted in 2005 and had editions in 2008, 2010, 2013, 2013 again, and 2015 and other logistical sorters such as "Lim Bennett's Recycling Bin" (which has different modes for each American county, it's very well researched) and "Lim Bennett's Introduction To Lean" in which you have to apply modern supply chain theory to move goods from one place to another in as efficient a way as possible.

Of course, Bennett himself doesn't design these games any more; from what I've read, he just shows up at meetings, throws out a few vision statements, and then puts his name on the game at the end of it. Actually, I haven't really looked at what he's been up to since the #MeToo movement started, let me drink a big swig of coffee and then go Google him

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

no idea, got 2 weeks for it tho. watch ur step is all

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

That poster has six pages of probations for being unbelievably GBS, I recommend not engaging

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Imp zone is one of the few game discussion places I've seen that isn't I put in 50000 man hours into this game and I don't like it because one of your punches is. 05 seconds out of sync and here is my 12 page design document with no peer review on how I'll fanfic the game to actually get a 7. 5 on ign

games is fine now but it sure took a while to get there and you still get some bad threads (mostly the console megathreads)

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
look, i'm just trying to provide useful advice, based on personal experience. no need to be oval office about it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Whirligig Saw is fun but it wears its welcome after a while because it lacks the versatility of most other weapons. But then again, smash

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skeleton warrior posted:

He made one good game in 1983, "Lim Bennet's Box Bubber" where you played a warehouse worker trying to sort incoming crates while the KGB sent agents to overthrow capitalism by maiming you, personally. It was fun and very innovative for its time due to the whole "sort items by chemical makeup" mechanic.

This is totally my jam do I gotta :filez: this or is there a plug n play microconsole

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

games is fine now but it sure took a while to get there and you still get some bad threads (mostly the console megathreads)

star citizen

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017 on the steam deck

It is, but you really need an SSD otherwise the loading screens between warehouses can take a minute or two each

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Can't believe there hasn't been another Lim Bennet's Moving Goods between Warehouses Simulator in six years, smdh

I know, right? I think the addition of hazardous material storage mechanics kind of put them in a bad place where they have to keep using it in future editions but no one knows how to make it work any better (personally I still play LBMG17 with those rules off, it just makes the game too complex to be the chill logistics experience I'm looking for

vyelkin posted:

Can't believe people say the PS5 has no games when it has a back catalogue of amazing PS4 classics like Lim Bennet’s Moving Goods Between Warehouses Simulator 2017

Exactly! Though my understanding is that the PS4 version of LBMG17 is kind of buggy when played on the PS5 and you can't access the train station without it hard locking, so it kind of limits the end game IMO.

Grassy Knowles posted:

This is totally my jam do I gotta :filez: this or is there a plug n play microconsole

Unfortunately, you have to find it in an abandonware site. You can either play it through an emulator or I think there's a 20-year anniversary Gold Edition you can find though the Gold Edition also has some 'upgrades' like being able to open boxes which means you don't get points for delivering them but they have random stuff in them like extra lives or starting up hard mode or making enemies double points. Unfortunately it's defaulted to the same key as the "jump" button which was a super fuckup and you have to find the patch to install to move it to the Q key

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 29, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

lollontee posted:

look, i'm just trying to provide useful advice, based on personal experience. no need to be oval office about it

getting splashed in the face with VX nerve agent would be more useful than your advice

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Autisanal Cheese posted:

getting splashed in the face with VX nerve agent would be more useful than your advice

At least then you wouldn’t be able to read more of the advice

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heath posted:

The Whirligig Saw is fun but it wears its welcome after a while because it lacks the versatility of most other weapons. But then again, smash

true, but i really like it in elden ring. giza's wheel, from volcano manor. it's just a pity that massive weapons don't lend themselves for casting builds, but that buzzwheel is worth it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lollontee posted:

true, but i really like it in elden ring. giza's wheel, from volcano manor. it's just a pity that massive weapons don't lend themselves for casting builds, but that buzzwheel is worth it

I used that weapon in ER and nobody gave me grief about it other than when I said I found Malenia hard and Lyle said he was going to cleave me in half with a broadsword.l

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lollontee posted:

Chill

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the games rpg thread is epic. though ive been playing Pokémon and the thread about it is probably full of bullies or something

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sorry, i need to work on my chill voice

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

fwiw, I feel like people are pretty accepting of someone starting a random thread about something niche! As long as it’s not for perverts or a Sony Exclusive you’ll be okay.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sony Exclusive

Can someone start a games for PS5 thread? I can’t find any

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Can someone start a games for PS5 thread? I can’t find any

check back when Death Stranding 2 comes out

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I only post in the DSP thread in Imp Zone and it rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the games rpg thread is epic.
i saw some dude get insanely mad about it being the worst thread on the forums because i said i didnt like chrono trigger in it once

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Did you say you don’t like it or did you say it sucks? Cause if it’s the second thing then well………..

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endorph posted:

i saw some dude get insanely mad about it being the worst thread on the forums because i said i didnt like chrono trigger in it once

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the first three jrpgs i bought were also the first three games i bought for my DS which were Chrono Trigger, Bowser's Inside Story and TWEWY. and I liked Chrono Trigger the least, but in fairness the other two games are insanely good

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Endorph posted:

drat I have some weird jrpg opinions and even I'm offended here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

IK Edit: added spoilers as requested

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 29, 2023

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

this is the worst thread on the forums

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Endorph posted:

:gas:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

lol this sounds badass though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mainly got mad at the game when square announced a live-a-live remaster and people were complaining that it wasnt chrono trigger instead.