Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cheesetriangles posted:

They don’t give the redguard lighter skin too? Shocking.

Oh they do that too. It's just not quite as striking as with the Dunmer because they look like lighter skinned black people, not a completely different color like with the Dunmer

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

VostokProgram posted:

No, the fact that everyone has to explain literally everything to you supports the idea that you're from outside Skyrim. You were crossing the border into the province, you don't know jack about the customs here. Even if you're a Nord, you probably grew up outside the province because your parents immigrated or you were orphaned or something. You don't even know what Sovngarde is!

They say they got caught crossing the border, they never specify which direction.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Weird that didn’t happen to me when I play Skyrim I arrive in Solitude by ship from Summerset Isle.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
me, I arrived in Skyrim because my good friend Auryen Morellus wanted my help to run his new small business venture in Solitude.

As an aside, I spent hours ripping the oc donut steel textures from Dibella's Blessings so I could run it with the BnP+RSV combo. Thank god for SPID.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 26, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing that puts me off the modpacks is from what I've seen a lot of them seem to turn every woman into a barbie doll or as mentioned earlier change skin tones whiter because of course they do.

How easy is it to disable or change that sort of thing, or is it hard to do that once it's in a full modpack?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Like turning this.

Into that.
Looks so terrible, in more ways than one.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I mean, I generally want to change the skin color of the Dunmer in Skyrim slightly. I just want to change it to this:

(The way they look in Skyrim is ... fine. It's just missing that hint of teal I associate with them from Morrowind.)

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

One thing that puts me off the modpacks is from what I've seen a lot of them seem to turn every woman into a barbie doll or as mentioned earlier change skin tones whiter because of course they do.

How easy is it to disable or change that sort of thing, or is it hard to do that once it's in a full modpack?

If any of the mods in your list have "Bijin" or "Pandorable" in the title, start with unticking those, as they're the most popular "hottie" NPC replacer mods.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I fixed mine by downloading a mod called Nordic Faces and loading it after everything else. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.

Fluffs McCloud
Dec 25, 2005
On an IHOP crusade
Anyone familiar with a relatively straightforward dragon behavior mod that eliminates the ADHD thing? Feels like every time I approach a dragon or when they approach me, they just make one pass and go off to roast whatever bears, giants, or basically anything that isn't my character. This creates an annoying chase across the map at best, and cause to reload games in the reach at worst.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I like the idea that the dragons are sent after you by Alduin, but they don't really want to fight you, because, y'know, Dragonborn, they can actually die now, so they claim this bear attacked them instead and go fight that.

But yeah, in practice dragons refusing to actually fight is pretty annoying.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
"Finding a mod that extends the duration on the dragonrend shout" would probably be far, far easier than hoping someone's delved into what's probably a horrendous spaghetti mess of dragon AI post-dragonborn-dlc.

The fact that there's no "modified dragonriding, actually fly around on them with controls" on the top downloaded mods kind of screams to me that nobody's touching that with a pole of any size

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Commander Keene posted:

I like the idea that the dragons are sent after you by Alduin, but they don't really want to fight you, because, y'know, Dragonborn, they can actually die now, so they claim this bear attacked them instead and go fight that.

But yeah, in practice dragons refusing to actually fight is pretty annoying.

If this isn't canon, it absolutely should be.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

"Finding a mod that extends the duration on the dragonrend shout" would probably be far, far easier than hoping someone's delved into what's probably a horrendous spaghetti mess of dragon AI post-dragonborn-dlc.

The fact that there's no "modified dragonriding, actually fly around on them with controls" on the top downloaded mods kind of screams to me that nobody's touching that with a pole of any size

Its sort of funny that in a game so centered arpund dragons theres really a handful of mods for them, and most of those are all quite old now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Differo Cathedra posted:

If this isn't canon, it absolutely should be.

Dragons are low level cops, got it.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/87954

welp. Its all over for Open Cities.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Man, if I weren't planning on trying out some of the other big city overhauls I'd jump right on this while I'm setting up. Of course, at the pace I'm going, everything may well be patched by the time I'm ready!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah lol. Meanwhile here I am trying to get BHUNP to work. Any idea on how to fix neck gaps for all NPCs/PC at below 100 weight?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arthmoor reuploaded his open cities mod a day after this went up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leal posted:

Arthmoor reuploaded his open cities mod a day after this went up.

Yeah, but why would anyone use it over this?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think its just funny that he is that completely petty

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I think Arthmoor re-uploaded the day after the first new open mod for Whiterun went up. 1990srider then uploaded Markath, Riften, Windhelm, Solitude and this all-in-one all in the same day, yesterday: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/67686681?tab=user+files

Impressive pace. The post section of those mods is great to see as well, an author that actually wants and reacts to feedback. Go figure.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but why would anyone use it over this?

For the ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE, such as... Oblivion gates sitting in the cities 200 years after the crisis? And also if you patch them out you are literally Super Mecha Space Hitler or something, and then Arthmoor throws another tantrum.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Iirc Arthmoor even claimed Bethesda was wrong about Oblivion Gates back during gategate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Iirc Arthmoor even claimed Bethesda was wrong about Oblivion Gates back during gategate.

It’s about ethics in oblivion gate journalism

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Did he say that Bethesda was just too lazy to actually follow their own lore or some poo poo? I remember something like that.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
The gategate stuff is in the OP of the awful/awesome mods thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795944

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Did he say that Bethesda was just too lazy to actually follow their own lore or some poo poo? I remember something like that.

To be fair that kind of laziness has been a big problem with like D&D games over the years so yeah

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

PolarPear posted:

The gategate stuff is in the OP of the awful/awesome mods thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795944

Aw yeah this is the good stuff

quote:

Throughout the whole episode, Arthmoor often stated that his Oblivion gates were in fact lore-friendly, adding that Bethesda only programmed, modeled, and animated the gates crumbling into pieces after being closed because... I don't know, who cares? Arthmoor's word is law and even Bethesda is subject to it.

arth posted:

While the gates in TES4 were shown to collapse into their debris piles, the only known reason for why the physical parts vanished is because that's just how the animation was done. All gates used the same resource file so they all collapse the same way. Further, the gates that you as the player close down are done via removal of the sigil stone power source. So when those close, they're doing so under a controlled set of conditions and the physical portal withdraws as per whatever designed system the Daedra use for that.

When Martin pulls the Akatosh avatar bit at the end of TES4, whatever gates were standing open would have had their dimensional bridge abruptly severed, and I believe that would result in the physical manifestation remaining behind since it was NOT properly shut down. The end result of this should logically have been a series of gates still standing but with no portal. This was limited by how the scripting works to call their shutdown code though. All it did was instruct every gate to run the reverse animation. The code was also supposed to have caused all the debris everywhere to vanish as well but that doesn't happen, nobody reported it as a bug, and Bethesda didn't care enough to fix it.

And yeah Beth and other developers do a lot of lazy poo poo, I just like the degree of certainty here in his TES Lore Science about how things ought to have worked based on presumptions about fictional demon technology

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 29, 2023

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The only rational conclusion here is Arthmoor is a Daedra and therefore understands their tech.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The daedric prince of being an unwiped rear end in a top hat.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
microsoft should donate an animation team or several to bethesda.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Or a qa/debug crew.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
eh no. Given that the unofficial bugfix patch is half bloated with a maniac's brainfarts I doubt the latter is important.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Starfield gonna have you jump to hyperspace by flying through an Oblivion gate, clearly the only logical answer supported by the lore.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dameius posted:

Starfield gonna have you jump to hyperspace by flying through an Oblivion gate, clearly the only logical answer supported by the lore.

Don't jinx it :shepface:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It will be like the Jedi ships in the prequel movies where they have that big ring attach to the ship to do hyperspace jumps. It will be an oblivion gate instead.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dameius posted:

Honestly, if Starfield actually did that in the base un-modded game? I'd be down for that. It would be kinda like what I understand the Warhammer 40k lore for FTL travel is, you're traveling through Oblivion to get places faster, but with a risk of bringing literal Daedra back with you.

As long as they don't then also pull a Starfinder and declare that Nirn is the center of whatever civilization they have in the game. How did they get all this tech? Don't worry about it, we don't want to commit to anything so we're leaving that page blank.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dameius posted:

He'll make each planet into a gigantic Oblivion gate, and all the ships are gates, and all the people... and... and...

It's Arthmoor, nothing is too stupid or crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And the dialogue will just be someone very poorly trying to imitate Mirmulnir and going "Dragonborn? Nooooooo"