Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Doesn't he love any general? Or colonel. Anyone with a big cap.

he loves GENERALS in the abstract, when they stick around him long enough to have a name and become a person that wants something from him is when they become a problem

on that note, Trump falling in love with and then hating MAD DOG MATTIS solely because of his nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MD2020 posted:

Rachel.Maddow hyping up that she got Trump's tax returns for an entire show only to reveal that it was a snippet of one 1040 form from a year where he paid tens of millions in taxes.

Got the taxes better do a youtuber face

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he loves GENERALS in the abstract, when they stick around him long enough to have a name and become a person that wants something from him is when they become a problem

on that note, Trump falling in love with and then hating MAD DOG MATTIS solely because of his nickname

When I was a kid I had a picture of Pinochet (I think) on the wall because I liked uniforms thanks to reading Tintin. I had no idea what he was.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it was literally like a fish out of water movie for 4 years but it was all real lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus christ

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I can't find the picture but one of the networks doing a big reveal of the SOCIAL MEDIA WAR ROOM for the 2016 election and it was just a big amphitheater of bored interns scrolling Twitter on giant touchscreens

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Trump accidentally headed off an Iraqi civil war that was probably days away from starting by murdering a guy in the Baghdad airport for no reason, briefly uniting a bunch of people who were ready to start shooting at each other in opposition to the United States

the USA's own puppet government voted to expel them from the country, and before the US settled on the response 'why don't you try and make us leave' it looked for a second that Trump might actually end the occupation

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Got the taxes better do a youtuber face

Rachel maddow has resting smugface

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

it's so good

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When I was a kid I had a picture of Pinochet (I think) on the wall because I liked uniforms thanks to reading Tintin. I had no idea what he was.

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

500 good dogs posted:

it's so good

It's the greatest picture ever taken

Unrelated

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That rumor about all the Adults in the trump cabinet having some sort of deadmans switch if one of them got fired but they all just got fired one by one via Twitter and they did nothing

Also one of them got tricked by Theranos lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kissinger and Schultz also getting conned by Theranos.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Kissinger and Schultz also getting conned by Theranos.

Was the theranos lady the one who sent big flowery texts to her bf and he replied with 'okay.' because I lol at that one every time

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah dudes rock

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/dharapak/status/245893711257563136?s=12

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It was right next to this:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this picture is 10.5 years old. what the gently caress

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's still crazy to me that he was able to barrel through the John McCain thing just on Momentum lol

i guess you could maybe say it would come back to bite him with the obamacare repeal vote but I don't think getting that done would have clinched 2020 for him.

Its probably why he lost Arizona in 2020, and definitely why the Rs lost the Arizona governorship in 2022, given that Kari Lake ran on an explicit message of "If you like John McCain, (who regularly won landslide elections in this state) gently caress You".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's the greatest picture ever taken

Unrelated

Ah, the pete child. He objectively did more democracy interference than any ad buyer

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Ah, the pete child. He objectively did more democracy interference than any ad buyer

he'll probably be a cabinet secretary or senator someday for playing ball

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Also Theranos tricking Biden by hiding stuff on the other side of the door when he visited.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

MD2020 posted:

Rachel.Maddow

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Obamna drone striked an American citizen because his dad was a meanie

Both the father and his son were American citizens and Obama killed them both because they could have revealed info about the US govts partnership with al qaeda

The father was a longtime FBI asset who was also a high level al qaeda member

His son was 16 when he was murdered.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Professional Zoomer Activist Ziad Ahmed's College Application Essay

BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER ...

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
Joe the plumber. Literally not a plumber, just some lovely small business owner who wanted to buy a plumbing company and was mad that Obama might make his taxes go up.

The pre-MTG/Boebert/MAGA, Tea Party style of conservative weirdos. Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Christine O’Donnell. O’Donnell’s “I am not a witch” campaign ad because she and some friends played with a Ouija board in high school and the teabaggers were scared.

The 2008 Hillary campaign spreading the birther movement → Trump gets made when Obama releases his birth certificate and decides the eventually run for president → Trump is president and Hillary is not.
Though really any time the US provides support for obviously bad things that come back to bite us in the rear end.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pulcinella posted:

Joe the plumber. Literally not a plumber, just some lovely small business owner who wanted to buy a plumbing company and was mad that Obama might make his taxes go up.
His name wasn't even Joe! :kratos:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
John Boehner getting so sick of the tea party / ted cruz likes that he hosed off from the house to become a weed lobbyst

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pulcinella posted:

The pre-MTG/Boebert/MAGA, Tea Party style of conservative weirdos. Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Christine O’Donnell. O’Donnell’s “I am not a witch” campaign ad because she and some friends played with a Ouija board in high school and the teabaggers were scared.

The 2008 Hillary campaign spreading the birther movement → Trump gets made when Obama releases his birth certificate and decides the eventually run for president → Trump is president and Hillary is not.
Though really any time the US provides support for obviously bad things that come back to bite us in the rear end.

I'm not a witch. I'm you.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Remembering the time trump ate a well done 100 dollar steak with ketchup on top

Billy Hayes: Where are you stayin'?
Mr. Hayes: The Hilton.
Billy Hayes: How do you like it? Istanbul?
Mr. Hayes: An interesting place. I tell you the truth I think the food is lousy. The crap they sell in these little restaurants. I had to run to the toilet. You should've seen the toilet. Anyway, I'm not taking any more chances. I'm going to eat at the Hilton, every night, with steak and French fries and lots of ketchup.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

lmao, that's like sarah york who was a little girl that liked noriega's hat and became pen pals with him then went and visited him in the 80s and actually kept up with him even when he was in prison in the US.

she wound up becoming a high school teacher then went off grid in the woods for 10 years and is back now and is a bluegrass singer.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

fermun posted:

she wound up becoming a high school teacher then went off grid in the woods for 10 years and is back now and is a bluegrass singer.
as you do,

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fermun posted:

lmao, that's like sarah york who was a little girl that liked noriega's hat and became pen pals with him then went and visited him in the 80s and actually kept up with him even when he was in prison in the US.

Uhh yeah I never did any of that I just cut a picture out of a newspaper.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Spergin Morlock posted:

this picture is 10.5 years old. what the gently caress
the 10th anniversary of Don and Melania riding down the escalator is sooner than you think

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

currently what-iffing the world we'd have right now if mitt had won in 2012

lol, lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i was fond of this president as a little kid cause he seemed the jolliest and was president

he was a hell of a guy and said some words
  • Nothing happens by breaking the Constitution once
  • Railroads are some Moscow poo poo
  • "Fifty fifty," brother (quotes in English)

he really was a hell of a guy

quote:

After working briefly at the World Bank in the United States and as a university lecturer, Özal became the general secretary and later the leader of the main miners' trade union of Turkey in 1979, serving as a chief negotiator during large-scale industrial action in 1977. …In 1979, he became an undersecretary to Prime Minister Süleyman Demirel's minority government until the 1980 military coup. As an undersecretary, he played a major role in developing economic reforms, known as the '24 January decisions,' which paved the way for greater neoliberalism in the Turkish economy. After the coup, he was appointed as the Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey responsible for the economy in Bülend Ulusu's government and continued to implement economic reforms. He resigned in 1982 following disagreements over economic policy.[1][2]

he was probably poisoned to death. :rip:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yeah, cause of death: corn overdose. Jeez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

When the Joe The Plumber astroturfing started up the McCain campaign had a store where you could buy custom “I am __ the ___” shirts and someone got one that says “I am VOTING FOR the BLACK GUY”