Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I know one guy who now exclusively posts in d&d who used to write these elaborate posts on how he has written up on how he was going to improve the seminal rockstar game classic Manhunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Will there ever be a good Mario RPG again?

Origami King is a great game and I think Paper Mario has re-found itself. As far as Mario & Luigi games, those seem completely dead. The only other Mario RPG series going on right now is Mario + Rabbids I guess.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

both chrono trigger and chrono cross have really good soundtracks

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this will be like the fourth thread which has had a meltdown because endorph didn't like chrono trigger

and this rampage will continue until somebody stops her

jfc why do we even have mods and IKs if they'll let anything slide

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
why can’t we rid ourselves of this troublesome crono bricker

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

For some reason I remembered the lyric as "please pull my devil trigger" which is much funnier

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lmfao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They're right, chrono cross is a gem among an already star studded line up of turn based rpg s on the PS1. I payed 20 for the remake and it's probably the best 20 dollars I've spent on games in years.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i spent an hour grinding drakloaks in scarvio because i didn't know they made hyper training trivial in this game and i wanted one with great speed IVs. whoops

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

They're right, chrono cross is a gem among an already star studded line up of turn based rpg s on the PS1. I payed 20 for the remake and it's probably the best 20 dollars I've spent on games in years.

I prefer Chrono Cross to Trigger. It has a weirdness that Chrono Trigger doesn’t.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Trigger is so loving good

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm a terrible poster who's still scared to post in FYAD but I've been somewhat welcome in Imp Zone for years, it's really not a hostile place with some light hazing as long as you can be normal about video games.

you come across like a core IZ regular to my untrained eye tbh

I've only just started posting a little in IZ and the worst that's happened is my boring posts being ignored which is fair. seems like a cool space generally although yeah I don't play many of the same games as the imps mostly focus on

a.p. dent posted:

really losing it at this Zaurg thread derail where tons of goons reveal they eat off of paper plates

lol please link to this

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

a.p. dent posted:

really losing it at this Zaurg thread derail where tons of goons reveal they eat off of paper plates

I had a roommate that did this so they never had to do the dishes. Instead they had a giant trash-bag full of food waste and paper plates at the foot of their bed.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

horny lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

and this rampage will continue until somebody stops her

jfc why do we even have mods and IKs if they'll let anything slide

She just can’t keep getting away with this!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

For some reason I remembered the lyric as "please pull my devil trigger" which is much funnier

lmao

lmfao

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

That Little Demon posted:

You should. It’s sickening

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

I prefer Chrono Cross to Trigger. It has a weirdness that Chrono Trigger doesn’t.

Yeah, I liked Chrono Cross more as well. But I also played it first and as a teen so there's definitely a nostalgia factor there I'm sure. I never got all the way through Chrono Trigger, I really should try again. It's got a frog man in it! Delightful.

But I love how weird and incomprehensible Chrono Cross is.

Maybe I'll try Trigger again after I finish with Metroid Prime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i eat off paper plates if im having like, a sandwich. or mcdonalds. however you should not eat a proper homecooked meal off a paper plate, or even half-decent restaurant food.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm a terrible poster who's still scared to post in FYAD but I've been somewhat welcome in Imp Zone for years, it's really not a hostile place with some light hazing as long as you can be normal about video games.

Yeah I was unaware that imp zone ever had a rep of being unwelcoming, it's like one of the least hostile forums i've ever seen as long as you aren't some kind of creep.

Maybe everyone there's actually under 20 layers of hyper-irony and my occasional sincere post is mistaken for that but I doubt it, just seems to be a place where you can talk about how cool video games are and make dumb jokes

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

Yinlock posted:

Yeah I was unaware that imp zone ever had a rep of being unwelcoming, it's like one of the least hostile forums i've ever seen as long as you aren't some kind of creep.

Maybe everyone there's actually under 20 layers of hyper-irony and my occasional sincere post is mistaken for that but I doubt it, just seems to be a place where you can talk about how cool video games are and make dumb jokes

tbh :justpost: as long as you're not a creep everything will work out basically everywhere

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

IK Edit: added spoilers as requested

FF IX is so underrated it hurts

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I rate it very highly, personally.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

FF IX is so underrated it hurts

I like 7 and 8 a whole lot more is it’s main problem.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love FF9 but I never got the sense it was underrated, I thought everyone liked it apart from tetra master

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love FF9 but I never got the sense it was underrated, I thought everyone liked it apart from tetra master

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

chrono trigger and cross are both stellar games and everyone should play them

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Chrono Cross was so great to play as a kid. Just finding all the different routes and characters felt so magical.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
also "magus' whole bit" is ... the entire main plot of the game ?? magus' revenge arc on lavos for destroying zeal palace 10,000 years in the past drives everything in the middle ages and 1000ad plot line and the best ending (imo) (iirc) (idk) is when you have magus in your party and win...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was a period when ff9 was underrated (see: the old sa front page review of it) but its pretty beloved these days

ram dass in hell posted:

also "the whole magus arc" is ... the entire main plot of the game ?? magus' revenge arc on lavos for destroying zeal palace 10,000 years in the past drives everything in the middle ages and 1000ad plot line and the best ending (imo) (iirc) (idk) is when you have magus in your party and win...
it is but magus isnt around for half the game

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

lmao that red text

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
if the world is to perish, let it perish

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

FF9 was "underrated" because in the series of FF7, 8, 9, and 10 it merely sold six million copies, 6x more then more contemporary jrgps, but still less then every other Final Fantasy sold in that era.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

lmao that red text

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

though none of them compare to the best jrpg of all time, suikoden 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Nah it's the first Xenoblade, sorry.

I know we all love our nostalgia here but XBC1 is basically the perfect JRPG.