Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

Wouldn't she be safe as long as she stays in Russia? As much as I'd like Lady Haw-Haw to end up like Lord Haw-Haw, that might not be possible, at least for the short-term.

Well, Ukraine have more than once expressed their intentions towards extraordinary rendition of certain Russians to stand trial for their crimes in Ukraine and/or the ICC after the war ends. Though it might or might not happen if they just decide to focus on rebuilding their country, which will be plenty of work by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
More Leo 2s coming from Spain

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1641003158099902464

German Marders in Ukraine (there is also footage of AMX-10RCs in warehouse somewhere, but it may or may not be breaking opsec)

https://twitter.com/oleksiireznikov/status/1641004455653961730

Some propagandists don't trust Lukashenka with nukes, it seems

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1641042235184631808

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1640913235334266880
lmao Russia is losing to NATO's spare couch change and mothballed equipment, If you get out now the remaining fragments of your army can be preserved, if not, you'll lose everything you have and be driven out in disgrace.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Toxic Mental posted:

Xi might wanna stop the slow motion genocide he’s doing in his own country before ever starting to talk about being an arbiter and pathways to peace with Russia

Why do you think xi is so big on negotiating, but drops big steaming logs of poo poo on the table every time? This is distracting people from the who muslim genocide thing

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

zone posted:

lmao Russia is losing to NATO's spare couch change and mothballed equipment, If you get out now the remaining fragments of your army can be preserved, if not, you'll lose everything you have and be driven out in disgrace.

What even IS an air force? Is it even real?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

Seems a bit more contrarian than usual. I wonder if it's still allowed for the purpose of the propagandists shouting them down, or to start preparing the population for... advancing towards the rear.

E: there's more content if you scroll through the thread

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 29, 2023

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Borscht posted:

What even IS an air force? Is it even real?

Makes sense. Air is the absence of a thing. Its just empty space you can't touch or see or feel. Having an "air" "force" is the talk of a madman. Its like saying Hot Cold or Wet Dry.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Love the dude screaming ''they only have 500 tanks!!''

Have you heard of air superiority bud? You should try it. It works really well.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1641056553678585857
It appears that the hit aimed at Melitopol this morning fried the power station of the rail depot. This isn't something the occupiers can fix quickly or easily, if they attempt to fix it at all.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish they'd send those propagandists to the freezing hellpocalypse that is the front

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Zzulu posted:

I wish they'd send those propagandists to the freezing hellpocalypse that is the front

Well, Solovyov came to the front last month and artillery was fired near the position he was in, so when he came back he accused Ukraine of trying to kill him.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

Well, Solovyov came to the front last month and artillery was fired near the position he was in, so when he came back he accused Ukraine of trying to kill him.

He really should've gotten the space nazi treatment

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The big NATO stuff isn't even being used in the war yet, right?

Ukraine is still training with it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Doctor Butts posted:

The big NATO stuff isn't even being used in the war yet, right?

Ukraine is still training with it.

Some of the equipment made it along with the trained troops but it's still being massed for the upcoming offensive.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1641068554094100480
Maybe he meant some had the capability to go 3k km in range rather than all of them having such range, but this news should still be pretty unpleasant to hear for the RuAF

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom
Seems like Russian internal messaging around sanctions is changing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFP/status/1641047821007634432

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1641097388046663680
🤡 it sure worked alright

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Christ twitter has been full of people "just asking questions" about that obviously fake "ukranian war crime" the last couple days. Glad it's been so thoroughly debunked.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

NoiseAnnoys posted:

a venetian friend says it's because they can't own proper pizza ovens in the city proper given how much of a tinderbox the old city is. idk, but like i said, when you're in venice, you don't eat pizza.

By my experience Americans are overwhelmingly disappointed by Italian pizza. It’s been ages since I was in Italy but I remember liking it and thinking it was definitely different.

We do genuinely have good pizza and burgers and we should because we fat as poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Roblo posted:

Christ twitter has been full of people "just asking questions" about that obviously fake "ukranian war crime" the last couple days. Glad it's been so thoroughly debunked.

Would be nice if they permanently pissed off, but they'll be back when the next fake gets brought out by dumbasses on telegram for the useful idiots and Internet Research Institute trolls to amplify.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1641082399328022530
:3:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

zone posted:

Would be nice if they permanently pissed off, but they'll be back when the next fake gets brought out by dumbasses on telegram for the useful idiots and Internet Research Institute trolls to amplify.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1641082399328022530
:3:

The baby package is a proud Finnish tradition (I mean that sincerely). Every mother receives one after giving birth to a child and it contains all kinds of useful and cute stuff.

E: and I am extremely glad we are sending these to Ukrainians. I hope we do even more stuff like this, because the people of Ukraine need a lot of stuff that isn't guns and ammo. I know that there are ongoing campaigns where people can send shipments of stuff to Ukraine for free (my work team bought and sent a huge box of day to day stuff a few months ago) but I'm sure the government can get even better results.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 29, 2023

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Storkrasch posted:

Seems like Russian internal messaging around sanctions is changing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFP/status/1641047821007634432

One just has to wonder how freaking badly did Putin mess up that meeting with Xi, if this is now the official truth about sanctions.

Did he forcibly strip search the guy at gunpoint before allowing him to sit down next to him?

^^^^ Also that box works as a crib, if you are wondering why such a huge box for relatively small amount of items.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The baby package is a proud Finnish tradition (I mean that sincerely). Every mother receives one after giving birth to a child and it contains all kinds of useful and cute stuff.

E: and I am extremely glad we are sending these to Ukrainians. I hope we do even more stuff like this, because the people of Ukraine need a lot of stuff that isn't guns and ammo. I know that there are ongoing campaigns where people can send shipments of stuff to Ukraine for free (my work team bought and sent a huge box of day to day stuff a few months ago) but I'm sure the government can get even better results.

Gahy dayum commies!! Always wanting a handout!! :bahgawd::bahgawd::bahgawd:

Here in America your child can now work for their own clothes in Arkansas like the Bible intended!!!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah people forget about the non combat stuff.

I was going to drop some cash into a generic verified org but SO mentioned female hygene products are probably lacking so dumped some cash in those mega packs you see at cash and carry stores. Bought like 10k tampons lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Aww :3:

This is really great, we do various collection efforts too but obviously this would be much more consistent, newer and higher quality than the random stuff.

This should probably make some camo overalls though.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

That's awesome but I'm not sure how to feel about the snow camo onesie given the context.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

One just has to wonder how freaking badly did Putin mess up that meeting with Xi, if this is now the official truth about sanctions.

Did he forcibly strip search the guy at gunpoint before allowing him to sit down next to him?

^^^^ Also that box works as a crib, if you are wondering why such a huge box for relatively small amount of items.

Pootin was hoping Pooh Bear would give him weapons, ammo, or at least a loan. Maybe also strike a few deals for trade or sanctions evasion. Probably didn't hear what he wanted to hear, especially concerning that Siberian pipeline he wanted to build to connect to China.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I blame NATO

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

weg posted:

That's awesome but I'm not sure how to feel about the snow camo onesie given the context.

In all fairness, you see a lot of those designs in the UK in winter. It's probably not making light of anything to do with the war.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

weg posted:

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not, but it's not snow camo, it's a Moomin print.

E:

or did you mean this? It's just branches, leaves and birds.

And this is literally the same kit Finnish babies get, and the patterns were voted for a few years ago.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 29, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1641098197220114436
The miserable Russians are attempting various useless provocations to try and bring Belarus into the war, and complaining that half of them are drunk at any given time and that their regimental commander is an rear end in a top hat.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Internet Old One posted:

By my experience Americans are overwhelmingly disappointed by Italian pizza. It’s been ages since I was in Italy but I remember liking it and thinking it was definitely different.

We do genuinely have good pizza and burgers and we should because we fat as poo poo.

American Italian food and Italian Italian food are two completely separate genres and should be treated as such. but apparently Italians find it hilarious when Americans demand classic sopranos food in Italy, so who am I to harsh a culture’s laughing at Americans?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Master the art of Carbonara and you'll love it. No don't use cream you heathen

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Tai posted:

Master the art of Carbonara and you'll love it. No don't use cream you heathen

There's great videos of Italian chefs reviewing YouTube videos of randos making 'carbonara'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zone posted:

Pootin was hoping Pooh Bear would give him weapons, ammo, or at least a loan. Maybe also strike a few deals for trade or sanctions evasion. Probably didn't hear what he wanted to hear, especially concerning that Siberian pipeline he wanted to build to connect to China.

I assume he tried to talk Xi into a deal, while Xi was idly wandering around the room with a tape-measure and making vague and dismissive "Mhmm, that's nice Putin..." remarks in response to anything Putin said.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I assume he tried to talk Xi into a deal, while Xi was idly wandering around the room with a tape-measure and making vague and dismissive "Mhmm, that's nice Putin..." remarks in response to anything Putin said.

He was crossing the Russian names out of places and putting Chinese names on them while Putin nervously tried to rewrite the sino Soviet split

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not, but it's not snow camo, it's a Moomin print.

E:

or did you mean this? It's just branches, leaves and birds.

And this is literally the same kit Finnish babies get, and the patterns were voted for a few years ago.

I was referencing the first one. To me it looks like some sort of camo pattern, knowing it isn't I'm still having a difficult time seeing otherwise. Also yeah, it was kind of a bad joke too lol.

Seems like you would want something hi-vis for your baby in winter, but I know even less about childcare than fashion so who am I to judge?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

There's great videos of Italian chefs reviewing YouTube videos of randos making 'carbonara'

Let me guess, Vincenzo

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Notice the box of condoms in the bottom left corner :iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Icochet posted:

Notice the box of condoms in the bottom left corner :iceburn:

Not really. It’s not actuall good for a mother to get pregnant inside of 18 months of childbirth. Breastfeeding is a contraceptive but not a very reliable one.