Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
If Seven Outis is going to be 000, I wonder if we're getting 000 Liu as well. Probably for Hong Lu since he's in Mersault's Liu identity art and all.

Burn could use some extra love, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Speaking of character in identity art, the 00 on seven outis's banner is probably gonna be seven mersault? he's in yi sang's seven art.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

red plastic cup posted:

Will Outis finally get an identity that's better than her default one? Maybe! I don't have 7 Section Ryoshu, but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of 7 Section Yi Sang.

Seven Ryoshu is rock-solid with a very cohesive kit focused around opening enemies up to, and inflicting, a lot of Slash damage. Her third coin 'Swash' is basically a pocket EGO with three hits and a huge heap of debuffs that total up to 50% bonus damage the next turn, which also procs the bonus Power on her second coin. Pairs really well with Legerdemain G Corp Gregor and LCCB Ishmael on a Rupture-Tremor-Maggots setup.

Theantero posted:

If Seven Outis is going to be 000, I wonder if we're getting 000 Liu as well. Probably for Hong Lu since he's in Mersault's Liu identity art and all.

Burn could use some extra love, too.

Notably we also have four characters with Burn EGO right now who don't have Burn identities, so it's also very likely that one of the girls in that crew (Ryoshu, Rodion, Ishmael) will be getting a Xiao-based 000 eventually.

Also given how in their uptie stories the Liu seem to be a significantly more well-adjusted mirror with a better environment for our sinners, I wouldn't be surprised to get Surprisingly Content Yi Sang there either.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really want an Identity that is able to consistently increase Burn Count, because that's basically the only thing missing that is needed to make Burn Teams good. (Yeah, there's Liu Meursault, which is why I said "consistently"... :v:)

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Ariamaki posted:

Notably we also have four characters with Burn EGO right now who don't have Burn identities, so it's also very likely that one of the girls in that crew (Ryoshu, Rodion, Ishmael) will be getting a Xiao-based 000 eventually.

Also given how in their uptie stories the Liu seem to be a significantly more well-adjusted mirror with a better environment for our sinners, I wouldn't be surprised to get Surprisingly Content Yi Sang there either.

Probably not Xiao - the Sinners are in Section 6, not South Section 1. But yes, one of them is due a fiery badass ID, hopefully the section head.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Endorph posted:

Speaking of character in identity art, the 00 on seven outis's banner is probably gonna be seven mersault? he's in yi sang's seven art.
It could be the last N Corp ID.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

It could be the last N Corp ID.
Wouldn't the last N Corp be Sinclair? I have to imagine that'd be an 000.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Endorph posted:

Nah, we're still waiting on the big hammer mook, not a Sinclair Inquisitor.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just beat Kromer with all base sinners - Yi Sang / Hong Lu / Sinclair / Outis / Gregor, all Lv. 25.

Phew.

Now it's time to get everyone ground to Lv. 30, or at least to 30 Attack. [The Inquisitors in the Blunt EXP stage have 34 Attack.]

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Endorph posted:

Pretty sure we will be fighting N-Corp Sinclair later on in the story missions. I have no source, just thinking about what you could do with that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

DropTheAnvil posted:

Pretty sure we will be fighting N-Corp Sinclair later on in the story missions. I have no source, just thinking about what you could do with that.

Alternatively, N Corp will come back in some way. Keep in mind that unless they're going to spend the next month or so doing new N corp identities we still need to fill out the rest of the team with N corp identities. Having Sinclair, literally the crux of the N corp storyline so far be a 00 would be weird too.

It's just good business for a gacha game to space out their consumerist offerings, after all. It gives players a chance to burn off that paid cash shop rolling currency and builds hype for the future if the story is sold well enough.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

iirc at the end of ch2 or 3 Hermann is labeled as an N Corp employee so it seems likely theyre going to be a reoccurring antagonist

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Gubo - the dude with the sunglasses - is an N Corp employee, as laid out in Leviathan, and Hermann is an N Corp executive. It's pretty safe to say that all members of the rival squad are also in N Corp employ.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Mersault also used to be a N Corp employee so presumably it might come up in his chapter. The weird corporate conspiracy in the background of chapter 3 with K using N to eliminate Sinclair's father who had a deal with P and L is probably going to drag in quite a few characters.

Though I feel like Demian is the stand-in for evil Sinclair, not an N-Corp version.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

LostRook posted:

Mersault also used to be a N Corp employee so presumably it might come up in his chapter. The weird corporate conspiracy in the background of chapter 3 with K using N to eliminate Sinclair's father who had a deal with P and L is probably going to drag in quite a few characters.

Though I feel like Demian is the stand-in for evil Sinclair, not an N-Corp version.
I'm very much hesitant to agree with that. The evil counterparts are all pretty explicitly aligned with N Corp, including Kromer, while in the intro movie Demian was standing with another, much more eclectic group. I think it was either Kromer, and she's been dealt with, or Guido will turn out to have survived and will fill her vacant slot.

Whatever's going on with Demian is going to be different. Either his group are guides of a sort for the Sinners, or there's a second group of personal antagonists for the Sinners.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm very much hesitant to agree with that. The evil counterparts are all pretty explicitly aligned with N Corp, including Kromer, while in the intro movie Demian was standing with another, much more eclectic group. I think it was either Kromer, and she's been dealt with, or Guido will turn out to have survived and will fill her vacant slot.

Whatever's going on with Demian is going to be different. Either his group are guides of a sort for the Sinners, or there's a second group of personal antagonists for the Sinners.

Sonja is working with Hermann and her group, but at the end of chapter 2 he alluded to Demian showing up, as I recall, so there might be some overlap. Though I am also inclined to believe that there is a "hell" antagonist group and "heaven" antagonist group set against the Limbo bus sinners.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

LostRook posted:

Sonja is working with Hermann and her group, but at the end of chapter 2 he alluded to Demian showing up, as I recall, so there might be some overlap. Though I am also inclined to believe that there is a "hell" antagonist group and "heaven" antagonist group set against the Limbo bus sinners.
I looked at the opening again and did a quick headcount:

There are either 12, 11 or 10 people in that shot, depending on whether the person holding something labelled 1 is actually alive, or is just a corpse with a polearm sticking out of their chest. It could be either - the way they're holding that thing reminds me of Ryoshu cradling her sword in her EGO art. Note that not everyone is visible at the same time - number 9 gets covered up by Gubo almost immediately, and 11 and 12 are only visible while the camera is zooming out to cut to the next shot. Number 12 could also just be a door, but there's enough of a figure there to give the impression of a person leaning against a wall that I've counted them as a person to be on the safe side.

So it could just be that there's 11 people in their group, and Kromer (Sinclair's counterpart) is dead, or there's 12 and Sinclair's true counterpart simply hasn't appeared yet. I will, however, note that there's a dude standing between Hermann and Gubo who by the looks of things has a prosthetic head...

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 29, 2023

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Demian appears in the second group that has more monstrous looking beings there. Furthermore, while Hermann, Gubo and Jia Huan all have red font for their names Demian has a blue font for his, so I don't think they are all part of the same group.

(Sonya has a purple font; I assume because of his ambiguous relationship with Rodion and Hermann's group)

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Could very easily be Hermann, Sonya and Demian's groups alluding to the trifecta of Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso, going by font colors. Since the Sinners as a group wouldn't represent any of those in particular, since they're with Dante and he travels through all 3.

Unless they're largely ignoring the other two canticles, like every other piece of fiction that references the Divine Comedy. That doesn't seem like the sort of thing PM would do, but also I am never surprised when it happens. (I get it, hell is more interesting!)

Purgatory would kind of fit with Sonya, since he's trying to do the right thing, but is very materially focused and seems like he might be mad shady about the process, and Demian would fit with Heaven since he seems kinda ethereal, unreachable and above it all, while also trying to serve as an (incredibly vague) guide. And if they really do plan on this running for a long time, it'd make sense to have a couple stables of adversaries to pull from so things don't get same-y.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Speaking of, I note that Kromer II looks very much like a Lust Peccatulum.

Does this mean we're gonna be fighting Distorted characters channeling the other sins?

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Quackles posted:

Speaking of, I note that Kromer II looks very much like a Lust Peccatulum.

Does this mean we're gonna be fighting Distorted characters channeling the other sins?

Sinclair also writes the bio for the Lust Peccatulum and notes he that it's gaze looks familiar.

EDIT: Meursault writes the Gloom Peccatulum bio and mentions it dredges unwanted memories, so if his chapter would have a boss fight with an upscaled Peccatulum it would be a Gloom one.

SITB fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 29, 2023

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

vergilius being replaced by a beatrice would be a great third act shakeup

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wonder if we'll ever get new playable characters or just the base 12 sinners. other gacha games with set casts have added a couple characters after a few years, but then most of the examples of games like that i can think of are idol/band games and are more character driven than plot/setting driven, so they had to add new characters when the base cast had their arcs mostly resolved.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Archonex posted:

I probably missed some other stuff, but yeah. Between this and the other games and novels they've packed a lot into these few characters and chapter. Makes me wonder how much of a nightmare N Corp's district is going to be when we go there, given that between this stuff and the other stuff to do with it we're getting tons of heads up that it's probably the most messed up wing of the city we've seen yet.

I really don't get this take about how N Corp is worse than other Wings, which I've seen a lot of other places than here so sorry for taking it out on you.

Yes, Nagel Und Hammer are batshit. Yes, they are a crazy hate group. But I genuinely do not get the whole 'N Corp is more evil than all the other Wings' stuff. Every Wing is insanely hosed up and evil in its own way and acting like there's one that's significantly worse doesn't really make sense when everything we've seen seems to show that every Wing is just a different shade of awful. N Corp is a more human kind of evil than the gibbering existential horror of W Corp, but that doesn't make it more or less evil-just a different kind of evil. Its district is going to be a nightmare, sure-just like the gambling one and District 23. They're all nightmares.

I also very much doubt this is the last we've seen of N Corp. Hell, I doubt these are even the last N Corp identity set we'll see between all the foreshadowing of N Corp being the main antagonist, Hermann and co. having drastically different aesthetics, Meursault's comments about how Nagel Und Hammer is more of a subgroup of N Corp, and the fact that Meursault and Yi Sang both used to work there.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Endorph posted:

i wonder if we'll ever get new playable characters or just the base 12 sinners. other gacha games with set casts have added a couple characters after a few years, but then most of the examples of games like that i can think of are idol/band games and are more character driven than plot/setting driven, so they had to add new characters when the base cast had their arcs mostly resolved.

Just musing, I think in the storyline missions it would be technically feasible to have you play as different people. Like Vergil or Dante, and you have a set of new skills.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

t3isukone posted:

N Corp is a more human kind of evil than the gibbering existential horror of W Corp, but that doesn't make it more or less evil-just a different kind of evil.

It's not really surprising that, given the current state of the world, people might react more negatively to a violent supremacist cult than a fantastical hell train

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Same reason people get more upset in games over shooting a dog vs crashing an asteroid into the planet and wiping out hundreds of millions of citizens of jrpgistan. It just feels more concrete

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

t3isukone posted:

Yes, Nagel Und Hammer are batshit. Yes, they are a crazy hate group. But I genuinely do not get the whole 'N Corp is more evil than all the other Wings' stuff. Every Wing is insanely hosed up and evil in its own way and acting like there's one that's significantly worse doesn't really make sense when everything we've seen seems to show that every Wing is just a different shade of awful. N Corp is a more human kind of evil than the gibbering existential horror of W Corp, but that doesn't make it more or less evil-just a different kind of evil. Its district is going to be a nightmare, sure-just like the gambling one and District 23. They're all nightmares.
love town is hosed up but its hard for people to grasp and relate to. a bunch of dudes killing people who are different from them is not especially hard to grasp.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ryanbomber posted:

It's not really surprising that, given the current state of the world, people might react more negatively to a violent supremacist cult than a fantastical hell train

That is also a proxy for a brutal and sadistically evil capitalist venture, too. W Corp is some absurd fantastical hell train poo poo that is largely cut off from the rest of the narrative to begin with (Distortion Detective doesn't even touch on the time in a train, despite one getting ridden.), barring one specific slice in Ruina.

N Corp by contrast is straight up utilizing modern day forms of conservative capitalistic endeavors we can see victimizing vast swathes of people even in countries like the US. You can look at any red state in the US for instance and see Republicans using murderous religious bigots to pad their pockets and advance their position in society by feeding them victims. Just because N Corp's proxies also seem to rail fantastical drugs on the reg doesn't mean that the allegory isn't a lot more chilling for that. Depending on who you ask that might even make them more relevant to the comparison, in fact. :v:

Or to put it another way, W Corp is a fantastical sci-fi sort of capitalist evil that is fairly passive in how it inflicts suffering on others. N Corp is actively going out and genociding people for reasons that at it's heart is a sci-fi dystopian take on a very real form of murderous evil in the world at the moment, and has existed since authoritarian regimes have existed and needed a scapegoat to make a buck. There's probably a reason why N Corp's Nagel und Hammer is dressed up like a visual stereotype of crusading christians and straight up have a religious text that has a verse structure like the bible, after all.

Ditto for why N corp hates anything that devalues the concept of experience --- it's their main profit venture, so the people who don't need their bullshit have to keep suffering (Literally, in the case of Nagel und Hammer butchering others) for N corp to make a buck. It's just pure willful sociopathic cruelty for profit without care for the victims all around, and if you've ever been or known someone who's been a victim of attempts at exterminationist oppression that's a lot scarier and more hosed up than unknowingly riding the train that traps you inside of it for a thousand or so years without being able to die before you go on about your day having been restored to normal and having forgotten the whole experience.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 29, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

THE CHARGE TEAM!

THE CHARGE TEAM IS REAL!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Notice how it doesn't have the indiscriminate tag.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

THE CHARGE TEAM!

THE CHARGE TEAM IS REAL!

5 fragile and 10 rupture will absolutely gently caress the team if they can't end the fight in the next few turns though.

Seems like a fun all or nothing move in line with R corp Ishmael.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Archonex posted:

5 fragile and 10 rupture will absolutely gently caress the team if they can't end the fight in the next few turns though.

Seems like a fun all or nothing move in line with R corp Ishmael.
Pretty sure the fragile drops off at the end of the turn and 10 rupture is just 10 damage.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cirina posted:

huh

you know, neither rupture nor fragile is a relevant debuff if you just win the clashes

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Hmm. Refraction Railway starts next week, right? So we'll have just the Identities out now plus that new Outis they've hinted at. So far Seven Section seems to be about Fragility? Not expecting it to be amazing. N Corp is somewhat weakened by the fault N Corp Meursault is more a stone wall than artillery and you need to go fast, so Charge is probably the stronger archetype.

Theory-crafting a team, I'm thinking something like: (not including the EGO you can't use or that are bad)
R Corp Heath (Wrath/Gluttony/Envy) + Bodysack (2 Lust + 2 Envy) + Telepole (3 Wrath + 2 Lust + 3 Envy)
W Corp Don (Sloth/Gloom/Envy) + La Sangre de Sancho (2 Lust + 2 Pride) + Telepole (1 Wrath + 2 Gloom + 2 Envy)
R Corp Ishmael (Gloom/Envy/Wrath) + Snagharpoon (2 Wrath + 2 Gloom)
N Corp Faust (Envy/Lust/Pride) + Fluid Sac (2 Lust + 4 Gloom + 3 Envy)
N Corp Rodion (Pride/Lust/Wrath)

Pain points: R Corp Ishmael is not great, but you need a second Gloom source if you want Fluid Sac, and she's a big part of Don Telepole's utility right now. R Corp Ishmael doesn't have reliable access to either the Gloom or the Wrath to use Snagharpoon regularly, which she needs at least one use of in hard fights to get her +2 Skill Power up and running. N Corp Faust isn't using Representation Emitter or Fluid Sac regularly (Emitter needs 4 Pride that this team can't fuel, Emitter needs 4 Gloom which is much more doable but still slow). R Corp Heath isn't using his Telepole AOE regularly either. It makes me a little sad not to have Gregor on the team, because Legerdemain is so good.

Uncertainty thing: Who knows what passives are going to look like next week.

Aside from that, though, basically all of these characters are pretty good clashers. Don's Telepole is going off regularly so long as you prioritize picking up Lust when you can.

If Railway doesn't cost resources and it saves your team state after each fight, then I wonder how many people are going to lean on TURN 1 0 CHARGE MIND WHIP GO for harder fights. If it doesn't work, oh well, quit out and try again! It's fine, you're fine.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cirina posted:

Yeah, Corroded Screwloose Wallop doesn't have that either. I'm not sure if that's an omission or what.

Also, a thought occurred to me.

Apocalypse Bird is something of a 'flagship' Abnormality for the series as a whole. Do you think we'll ever face it in Limbus?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If your theorycrafted refraction railway comp only includes 5 members it's already wrong.
They mentioned the ability to bring more than 5, and in fact leaving characters to 'sit out' is the main/only(?) way to heal in between stages.
It'll probably work like dungeons where we bring one ID each for all 12 sinners and then pick which sinners to put in the party for each stage.

You could either do two separate non-intersecting teams of 5 to get all the heals you ever need, or just plan for a few substitutes and swap out 1-2 characters at a time from the main team.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Einander posted:

Hmm. Refraction Railway starts next week, right? So we'll have just the Identities out now plus that new Outis they've hinted at. So far Seven Section seems to be about Fragility? Not expecting it to be amazing. N Corp is somewhat weakened by the fault N Corp Meursault is more a stone wall than artillery and you need to go fast, so Charge is probably the stronger archetype.

Theory-crafting a team, I'm thinking something like: (not including the EGO you can't use or that are bad)
R Corp Heath (Wrath/Gluttony/Envy) + Bodysack (2 Lust + 2 Envy) + Telepole (3 Wrath + 2 Lust + 3 Envy)
W Corp Don (Sloth/Gloom/Envy) + La Sangre de Sancho (2 Lust + 2 Pride) + Telepole (1 Wrath + 2 Gloom + 2 Envy)
R Corp Ishmael (Gloom/Envy/Wrath) + Snagharpoon (2 Wrath + 2 Gloom)
N Corp Faust (Envy/Lust/Pride) + Fluid Sac (2 Lust + 4 Gloom + 3 Envy)
N Corp Rodion (Pride/Lust/Wrath)

Pain points: R Corp Ishmael is not great, but you need a second Gloom source if you want Fluid Sac, and she's a big part of Don Telepole's utility right now. R Corp Ishmael doesn't have reliable access to either the Gloom or the Wrath to use Snagharpoon regularly, which she needs at least one use of in hard fights to get her +2 Skill Power up and running. N Corp Faust isn't using Representation Emitter or Fluid Sac regularly (Emitter needs 4 Pride that this team can't fuel, Emitter needs 4 Gloom which is much more doable but still slow). R Corp Heath isn't using his Telepole AOE regularly either. It makes me a little sad not to have Gregor on the team, because Legerdemain is so good.

Uncertainty thing: Who knows what passives are going to look like next week.

Aside from that, though, basically all of these characters are pretty good clashers. Don's Telepole is going off regularly so long as you prioritize picking up Lust when you can.

If Railway doesn't cost resources and it saves your team state after each fight, then I wonder how many people are going to lean on TURN 1 0 CHARGE MIND WHIP GO for harder fights. If it doesn't work, oh well, quit out and try again! It's fine, you're fine.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RGTMKZqyjolvCSxlY44PDlZpd0MEH6tjY8a8mQCpEM/edit#gid=1894497434

Behold, a teambuilder.

My advice for Railway is to build two teams, not just one. I've got a full N Corp squad with Kurokumo Ryoshu ready to go, and I'm currently theorycrafting another built around W Don and R Ish (who I'm currently 80 shards away from buying).

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Ehh. Plotting out full multiple teams is something that's only going to be fully practical by whenever the second Railway comes out, when we've had many more weeks more of 18 thread a day and more shards to Dispense out everyone you need. As-is I think pretty much everyone's going to approach this with an A Team, Guest-Starring Those Other Guys. That being the case, and given that you can redo stages that don't turn out well, why not focus on having a really good A Team? Seems much more sensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
So, what does the Signs nerf to Kromer mean in practice? If I have three, can I just load up on bleed anyway?