Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Volte posted:

Okay, thanks for the tip. Is there any point putting much effort into doing that before the late game? I'm like level 30 now and haven't been paying too much attention to items.

There's no reason to care about itemization now and you can hide magic items if you want. But they've done a really good job at making late game itemization actually matter, because the crafting is so good. Starting around 50ish you'll want to start caring.

Here's my post on loot filters, I had a real good time with it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3888475&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post520604048

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
the big tip for the filter is you put a hide all common/magic/rare at the bottom, but then a show all for the affixes that are actually good/your build cares about above it

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Volte posted:

Okay, thanks for the tip. Is there any point putting much effort into doing that before the late game? I'm like level 30 now and haven't been paying too much attention to items.

It’s a pretty easy rule to specify t4+ or whatever. The loot filters at maxroll.gg are a good starting point.

The loot filter in this game is amazing, and should be the standard for any new arpg imo.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 27, 2023

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Volte posted:

I find that a very enjoyable way to play this game, pretty much from the beginning straight into the end-game, is ABC.

Always
Be
Crafting

:)

I've made lots of fun gear as I progressed through the game. Sometimes it lasts only a few minutes until something better drops... sometimes it lasts for 30+ levels... But it's always fun to play with the crafting system and pop out something that is absolutely an upgrade from whatever you are currently using.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Locator posted:

I find that a very enjoyable way to play this game, pretty much from the beginning straight into the end-game, is ABC.

Always
Be
Crafting

:)

I've made lots of fun gear as I progressed through the game. Sometimes it lasts only a few minutes until something better drops... sometimes it lasts for 30+ levels... But it's always fun to play with the crafting system and pop out something that is absolutely an upgrade from whatever you are currently using.

I had to practically force my friend to engage with the crafting system by the time we were doing Echoes, he never used a single rune of shattering up to that point. At the very least just keep a lookout for gear with stats you want to use so you can shatter it and add it to your library of affix/suffixes for later.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I really wish they’d let us auto pickup crafting stuff. That might be my biggest gripe with the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

I had to practically force my friend to engage with the crafting system by the time we were doing Echoes, he never used a single rune of shattering up to that point. At the very least just keep a lookout for gear with stats you want to use so you can shatter it and add it to your library of affix/suffixes for later.

Yea one of the first things I do is set up filters to Emphasize items with affixes I care about.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I was really impressed with how well they nailed it in the late game too. The class skill affixes are properly powerful and they feel great to craft around. The LP system incentivizes you to make items you don't even need at the moment, which naturally leads to you creating good items "accidentally" that spark the imagination and make you curious about a new build. The endgame is pretty sparse and I hate the campaign leveling experience, yet I'm still thinking of new builds I want to try based on gear I've collected. I think that just goes to show that the itemization in this game is really solid.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
as someone who really likes delve in poe, monoliths are insanely my kind of jank, but i've only unlocked the lv90 ones last time i played so i can't really say i've been doing it for a long time yet

i've got up to lv90 ones and mob density is pretty ok in most now, too (some of the early ones are downright empty which was weird as heck)

posted this in the poe thread too but i think this will be my "main" arpg if it sees a couple decent league mechanics added to end-game like poe does over time. it's not as stupid as poe but everything else about it is so much better

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Is there ANY sense of when they're going to finish the story portion of the campaign? I realize it's only mediocre in the first place but some part of me would really like it to be completed before I turn to endgame grinding.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
something as simple as removing the identification mechanic so you can have a powerful (and extremely easy to set up) loot filter, and then basing the crafting around that works pretty well. feels like you have something to gain in just playing the game to get gear instead of trading

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Memnaelar posted:

Is there ANY sense of when they're going to finish the story portion of the campaign? I realize it's only mediocre in the first place but some part of me would really like it to be completed before I turn to endgame grinding.

tbf you've presumably time travelled to after your character completed it so..

(no current news that I'm aware of: probably before 1.0, whenever that is)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Volte posted:

Hey, this game is fun! Sorry if it's been asked already but is it normal that when I portal back to town, the map resets itself (automap becomes unfilled, enemies respawn)? I almost die like every single time I go to town because when I come back it seems like I've been getting wailed on by 100 enemies while I was in the loading screen. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother looking at loot once my inventory is full. I played awhile back and don't remember that happening. Otherwise I'm having a great time being a Wearbear.
If you don't move or use an action at all after zoning in you're invulnerable, as long as you don't do anything. I'm playing a pet build and when I zone back in after portaling (which I don't do anymore since I'm doing echoes where it's stricter on portaling) I usually come back to be surrounded by corpses.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Lead dev was in game a week or so back answering questions - the rest of the acts are going to be for 1.0.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The filter is almost perfect. The part that is imperfect is that I can't tell it to filter based on the actual numbers that implicits and affixes roll. And then I'll take the extremely sacrilege step of suggesting that the filter has a checkbox for "if the item fits this filter, automatically pick it up" and just let me treat the game like a lawnmowing sim where I empty out the bag at the end of every map.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Traxis posted:

It's still bugged, but the bug is that it will let you use the skill when you aren't dual wielding but the animation only plays once and then the skill doesn't do anything. If you are dual wielding likke you are supposed to then it functions just fine.

Oh yeah I think this is an issue with any skill that requires a particular weapon type. Similar issue with Serpent Strike on Primalist. Requires a spear, but the game will let you use the ability without one. However, the animation is busted and it doesn't actually do anything with the wrong item type equipped.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Truga posted:

as someone who really likes delve in poe, monoliths are insanely my kind of jank, but i've only unlocked the lv90 ones last time i played so i can't really say i've been doing it for a long time yet

i've got up to lv90 ones and mob density is pretty ok in most now, too (some of the early ones are downright empty which was weird as heck)

posted this in the poe thread too but i think this will be my "main" arpg if it sees a couple decent league mechanics added to end-game like poe does over time. it's not as stupid as poe but everything else about it is so much better

Monoliths seem kind of boring to me as a POE player but I also fully realize that the only real difference is juicing methods (which I mostly don't go too heavy into), and the Atlas which hasn't even been in POE for a year and a half now.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

bobtheconqueror posted:

Oh yeah I think this is an issue with any skill that requires a particular weapon type. Similar issue with Serpent Strike on Primalist. Requires a spear, but the game will let you use the ability without one. However, the animation is busted and it doesn't actually do anything with the wrong item type equipped.

By busted do you mean hilarious? Cause I tried that this weekend and got killed because I was laughing so hard at the giant green spear protruding from my chest.

Just finished getting a bladedancer to monoliths using chakrams and shadows. It just shreds through bosses, but I’m pretty fragile at the moment so it’s a pretty active play style. I switched my sorc over to lightning nova (I had the crown drop that makes it so it casts at your mouse cursor), so that’s two ranged characters at monos. Any suggestions for a melee type that’s fun to play?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The issue I have with monoliths is that in PoE you can pre-roll a bunch of maps and then set up whatever juicing you want to do in advance, then just sit down and blast maps for a while. With monoliths I feel like I'm constantly making decisions about what nodes to go to and whether the mods will be too much for my build to handle etc. I want to do all that decision making less frequently.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've been picking up too many exalted items and just throwing them into my stash. Does anyone have good filter criteria for generically useful exalts for alts? I hope to throw all of mine on the ground and have a filter do the work.

I always get to the point in these games where my stash becomes overwhelming and I just quit instead of dealing with it.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've been picking up too many exalted items and just throwing them into my stash. Does anyone have good filter criteria for generically useful exalts for alts? I hope to throw all of mine on the ground and have a filter do the work.

I always get to the point in these games where my stash becomes overwhelming and I just quit instead of dealing with it.

You can just keep buying stash space. I have a tab for each type of armor and intend to get one for each type of weapon.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Buy more stash tabs!

Also I think what is 'useful' on exalts just depends on the build you are playing at the moment.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I've already bought 21 and they are all full! Going through them all is a nightmare, even after organizing them by type and rarity.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've already bought 21 and they are all full! Going through them all is a nightmare, even after organizing them by type and rarity.

With what? I only keep one copy of each unique or set item. I could see keeping a second copy of each 1-handed weapon, but otherwise I'm surprised you could fill that much space?

I figured it out, I misread. I don't really keep exalted items as they're just rare+. If you've got a build you're going for sure, but otherwise that is going to fill your space super fast. Maybe only keep exalted items with like more than 20 total affix levels?

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 29, 2023

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

bobtheconqueror posted:

With what? I only keep one copy of each unique or set item. I could see keeping a second copy of each 1-handed weapon, but otherwise I'm surprised you could fill that much space?

I figured it out, I misread. I don't really keep exalted items as they're just rare+. If you've got a build you're going for sure, but otherwise that is going to fill your space super fast. Maybe only keep exalted items with like more than 20 total affix levels?

Purples, mostly. Most filters I've seen online just show you all of them because who knows when you'll want them for a specific build. I think I'm slowly realizing that dealing with them is reducing any chance I'll want to make alts though, so keeping them around is pointless.

I'm thinking of limiting them to those that have at least three affixes in the critical, damage over time, health, resistance and armor, critical strike avoidance, class specific, and movement speed categories. Those are all fairly generically useful.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
If the exalted affix is bad I just leave it on the ground usually, though I do have a problem with instinctively grabbing things with big numbers. Who knows maybe I will want a spear with 221% chance to slow some day

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

bobtheconqueror posted:

20+ levels seems like a reasonable metric!

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Two options for cutting down your exalted tabs:
1) Only keep items with tier 7 affixes. This is easy to set up a filter for.
2) Only keep items with affixes that are useful for almost all builds, like life and crit affixes.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Noper Q posted:

2) Only keep items with affixes that are useful for almost all builds, like life and crit affixes.

This and the previous advice freed up 10 pages. Thank you!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m surprised how much I’ve been taken by this game recently. I’m playing a beastmaster and I think it’s just a perfect pace for my tastes - a bit slow compared to most aRPGs and just super chill. I jump at some dudes and swipe them down with my bear and pack of wolves and it’s all lovely. Being able to constantly tweak my loot filter so easily is such a blessing.

I vaguely remember playing PoE back in beta and wishing I’d kept up with it better over the years rather than playing maybe on league a year, and that’s kind of what this feels like. A really solid game that you can see a million cool ways for them to expand on over the years to come.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I’m guilty of hanging on to all sorts of bad purples, mostly in the hope of rolling them onto LP uniques in a pinch since bases don’t matter in that case. The only thing I don’t keep are like, weapons with bad exalted suffixes.

In addition to good generics though, I would definitely hang on to class specific exalteds you see yourself using in the future, as those can be harder to chase. Especially if they actually rolled on end-game bases.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 29, 2023

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Noper Q posted:

Also set up a filter for dual t6+ items, these are very rare, but not otherwise highlighted any more than a standard exalted item.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
No T7 or double T6, but I'm still happy with my first endgame weapon craft:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's quite sick and considering the FP left you must have gotten pretty lucky. GG

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

New patch.

quote:

Gameplay

Fixed a bug which caused “rubberbanding” (being moved backwards) when using movement abilities or the Temporal Shift ability in the Temporal Sanctum.
Significantly reduced instances of Lunge and similar abilities getting stuck in their animation, which prevented movement until another ability was used.
Players can now respawn at the end of a Dungeon boss fight without being kicked out of the dungeon when the boss is defeated by other party members.
Players can now choose to Abandon a dungeon or arena run if they don’t want to wait until they can respawn.
Fixed a bug where the main combat floor entrances in Soulfire Bastion had invisible reverse transitions. If you walked backwards into them it would reload the zone (ending your dungeon run).
Fixed a bug where your character model was sometimes duplicated after transitioning to a new zone. The camera would remain locked on the copy, while the other one could move.
Fixed a bug where Spires could attack players that were in Echo of a World.
Fixed a bug where the western moon fragment altar in the Moonlit Shrine could sometimes become uninteractable.
Fixed quest objective pulses not updating properly in The Fall of Ledria.
Fixed some Osprix Vanguard enemies using an incorrect ability.
Fixed the “Initializing” screen showing after login even when the queue system isn’t active. This makes getting to character select slightly faster.
Fixed a bug where the Leave Game button took you back to Login rather than Character Select.
Fixed another rare server bug which could cause save data loss. We are monitoring telemetry to find any other causes that need to be addressed.

Skills

Thorn Shield now has a slight priority for targeting players over minions and mobile minions over immobile minions.
Fixed a bug where Shift’s Deadly Ambush and Braskula’s Hesitation nodes were applying to all non-channelled attacks, not just the next non-channelled attack after Shift.
Fixed a bug where Meteor’s Cycle of Fire only granted its ward and mana for 4 seconds after gaining Craterborn, rather than for the full 6 second duration of Craterborn.
Fixed a bug where Teleport’s Comet Rush did not refresh the duration of an existing Haste.
Fixed a bug where your Vengeance tree sometimes affected an ally’s versions of Riposte and Iron Blade instead of yours.
Fixed a bug where the Fulminating Caw node on the Storm Crow tree sometimes caused an ally’s increased lightning damage to apply to your crows instead of your increased lightning damage.
Fixed a bug where the nodes on the Ballista tree that caused your stats to apply to your ballistae sometimes caused an ally’s stats to apply to your ballistae instead.
Fixed a bug where the on-use sounds for some instant cast abilities would not play on the client of the player using the skill.
Fixed the trails behind Acid Flasks, Hammer Throw hammers, and Axe Thrower axes in mid-air stretching incorrectly.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Chat & Social

Fixed a bug where chat channel selection could be reset in some situations. This could cause chat to turn back on after it’s been turned off.
Fixed gameplay messages that are shown in the chat window (i.e. Loot Filter Disabled) being hidden when Chat is disabled.
Fixed commands for replying to your last whisper (/r) and changing channels (i.e. /party) not working.
Added a /lfg command to switch to the Looking For Group channel.
Fixed a bug where Whisper and Party chat messages could sometimes appear to be from the wrong channel.
Fixed new chat messages sometimes being cut off halfway vertically.
Added a sound effect for receiving direct messages.
Fixed the friends list scroll view being shorter than intended, causing fewer friends to be visible at once.
The Add Friend and Block Player pop-ups now auto-select the input box so you can type right away.
Fixed sections in the friends list re-opening when they should remain collapsed.
Fixed a bug where adding a friend could cause an existing friend to disappear from the list for a while.
Made a few small improvements to the visuals of the friends list.

Items

Cindersong now also grants +1 to Fire Spells. Also improved the clarity of its tooltip.
Unused dungeon keys are now returned back to your inventory when closing the dungeon entrance window (if you have space).

Visuals

Fixed a bug where the water in Ritual Lake echoes would cause visual effects to become invisible.
Reduced the overall brightness of Imperial Metropolis and Snowbound City echoes to make it easier to see.
Updated the visuals for Drain Life’s poison explosion.
Updated the visuals for abilities used by Profane Flesh.
Fixed the visuals and damage for Profane Flesh sometimes not lining up with its animations.
Fixed Profane Flesh snapping to face new targets rather than turning.
Fixed Ruby Nagasa not animating properly on death.
Fixed Infernal Husks not animating properly.
Fixed Apophis sliding at the beginning of the cutscene in Maj’Elka Upper District.
Fixed Liath having glitchy animations in Island Battlefield.
Fixed the Timeline Conduit in the Shade of Orobyss’ arena having a red outline.

Optimization

Fixed a bug causing memory usage to go up on the client over time, particularly in Monolith. We tested the fix by playing through 10 campaign zones and 10 echos, and found that the fix reduced memory usage by more than 1 GB at the end of the test.
The visual assets for enemies were not being properly unloaded when moving to different zones.
RAM usage definitely still goes up over time, and we are currently investigating this further.
Replaced several lightning visual effects with new ones which are much more performant.
Improved the performance of death visual effects for various enemies.
The ice projectile ability used by Ice Elementals is now pooled, which mitigates FPS drops caused by this enemy.
Updated the Wengari Axe Throw ability’s visuals to be more performant.
Fixed an issue that could cause unnecessarily large patch downloads. Unfortunately, the fix can’t help the download size of this patch, just future ones.

Notes

Thank you for continuing to make bug reports! We are still focused on bug fixes, server and service stability, performance, and polish. We plan to continue releasing updates but at a more consistent pace with fewer, larger patches. We will still hotfix any critical issues that come up.

Some particular bug fixes that we’re currently working on include:

Deleting stash categories causes items to go missing (we’ve confirmed that no items are being deleted)
Players sometimes being unable to enter dungeons (this doesn’t affect everyone evenly which makes it harder to track down)
Changing left mouse button behavior (i.e. move to attack)
Re-ordering skills while transformed
Abomination “forgetting” what minions it consumed after moving to a new zone

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

quote:

Significantly reduced instances of Lunge and similar abilities getting stuck in their animation, which prevented movement until another ability was used.
Hell yeah

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Is multiplayer active yet?

I last played about 14 months ago. Is there a summary of major additions since then?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Slow News Day posted:

Is multiplayer active yet?

I last played about 14 months ago. Is there a summary of major additions since then?
MP was added with 0.9 and caused a huge surge of new players
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/the-convergence-update-beta-0-9-patch-notes/51975

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm playing a Warpath crit build and I just dropped this and my eyes shot out of my sockets like a cartoon wolf seeing a pretty lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
That's a very nice chest. Lots of forging potential left, too, so you can seal one of the affixes and put another on. Or just save it for a good legendary.