Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dont know if i'tll work out in Standard, but those look crazy in Wild

especially if they are foolish enough to revert Demon Seed

e: the harp not as much obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
oh god that's just reminded me Questline Warlock is about to rotate into Wild which means they're going to unban it

They've said they're going to change the quest so it's not completely 100% unbeatable in that mode, but I can't help but worry

E:fb

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wizard of the Deep posted:

"Nature's Mirror"

3 Mana: For the rest of the game, you always have twice your opponent's mana crystals.

Also, everything in your opponent's fridge tastes like olives.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/myntyphresh/status/1641128345709559823?s=46&t=gOYyK8X5XayDtYCO0ogitQ

being Immune will no longer prevent you from paying health instead of mana and it (paying health instead of mana) will no longer count towards "taking damage on your turn" either

guessing this nerf means Stealer of Souls and Demon Seed are getting reverted

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Excelzior posted:

https://twitter.com/myntyphresh/status/1641128345709559823?s=46&t=gOYyK8X5XayDtYCO0ogitQ

being Immune will no longer prevent you from paying health instead of mana and it (paying health instead of mana) will no longer count towards "taking damage on your turn" either

guessing this nerf means Stealer of Souls and Demon Seed are getting reverted

Honestly this balances out pretty well for Stealer

Demon Seed is still going to be murder

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I like the current brawl and I don't care who knows.

Edit: Lorthemar shenanigans last match had me summoning double strength minions for 1 mana BUT my opponent having quadruple strength ones. They pushed out a 49/54 something-or-other on the last turn before I called it quits. No devourers were involved in the making of that.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 30, 2023

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Surprised these don't have rush

Not that many mindgames to be had if you don't have to anticipate the minions attacking when they spawn

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Luff posted:

Not that many mindgames to be had if you don't have to anticipate the minions attacking when they spawn

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems really bad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I kinda do find the generic music themes lame and I don’t know why they didn’t make band characters.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Disargeria posted:

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems really bad.

15/15 in stats for 4 mana is not a bad deal, but the delay is a killer. How many 8/8 giants do you get in 4 turns? I assume it's more than one, based on the plural, but it does't state the exact number.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Torrannor posted:

15/15 in stats for 4 mana is not a bad deal, but the delay is a killer. How many 8/8 giants do you get in 4 turns? I assume it's more than one, based on the plural, but it does't state the exact number.

I think/assume it's three for both options and it's just not amazingly clearly written.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Luff posted:

Casting minions that do nothing when they show up is a waste of a card in my opinion.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

RatHat posted:

Warlock legendary spell (On the left)

Seems not bad, especially with Warlock's other legendary that thins decks out. Fatigue could be a decent win condition for Warlock this expansion.

By the way the only legendary left to be revealed is Druid's legendary spell

I assume the initial discover is 3 of the 7 randomly chosen?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy poo poo Mixtape is going directly into my wild Tess Rogue

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I think it's fine, it's a decent alternative take on ramp. You skip an early-ish turn so you get 15/15 worth of stats on turn 6, or 24/24 on turn 8, depending on your hand and matchup. You also have mana available to buff them immediately and give them taunt with the new 7 mana spell or whatever they may print in the future. But maybe I'm wrong and in a post-scales of onyxia meta druid can't afford to durdle around anymore and skip on this early investment.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

I assume the initial discover is 3 of the 7 randomly chosen?

Yes, so it’s basically just under a 50/50 chance to get a specific single effect but if you’re in a position where 2 of the effects would be good then it’s a very reliable card

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Right now, I'm thinking of Rhythm and Roots as a weird Soul of the Forest equivalent. It's a big investment that says "I will have another board after you kill this one, no matter what". Pros: doesn't need a current board to give you a future board, can't be silenced, gives you your second board of stats in one big chunk of meaningful stats instead of a trickle of 2/2s. Cons: your opponent knows to just hold a board wipe for when the second wave must show up*, gives you your second board of stats in one big chunk instead of a trickle of 2/2s that serve as a constant threat for being buffed. EDIT: Oh, and there's probably going to be a delay between your opponent wiping your current board and getting the new one, so you aren't applying constant pressure

But also, does this kind of token druid tool work with anything else they've added this set? Well, the hero power package seems like it'd work well with the undead token druid decks that already kinda exist, so maybe? But it could also easily be optimized out of the deck.

*Honestly, the main use of the 8/8 mode in my mind is casting it when you already have a board. That way your opponent holds their board clear for two turns to also clear the 5/5s and you can get a few more swings in with your existing board without automatically playing into their cards.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 30, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why would a token Druid play a 4-mana "get 3 5/5s the turn after next" when you could play a 3-mana "get 2 5/5s now"

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

why would a token Druid play a 4-mana "get 3 5/5s the turn after next" when you could play a 3-mana "get 2 5/5s now"

Why not both

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This expansion is weird. Big Spell Mage theme…without any big spells. Big Demon Warlock theme…without any big demons. And whatever is going on with Warrior

EDIT: Okay there’s only 1 Warlock card that’s for big demons

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I mean if they're setting up to develop those archetypes through the year they could be interesting, and I would prefer that to one-package-and-done they've done all last year

but as a transition set it's going to suck big time for those archetypes struggling to be born

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I can't wait to break the Wild meta on day 1 for an easy climb to legend. That is all.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I can't wait to break the Wild meta on day 1 for an easy climb to legend. That is all.

You're not going to tell us how? :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Excelzior posted:

I mean if they're setting up to develop those archetypes through the year they could be interesting, and I would prefer that to one-package-and-done they've done all last year

but as a transition set it's going to suck big time for those archetypes struggling to be born

Yep, this set will probably be pretty good come next expansion,

right now it looks like a majority of the pushed archtypes and cards are half-baked/weird.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I am a little bit worried that this is going to be a lot like the Sunken City meta. Mech Paladin and Mage are getting a lot of incidental support from the core set.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Looking over the core set changes really kinda feels bad. Like so many of the cards leaving are things with ideas still in the format so it’s not like the decks are going away exactly, you just need the new cards. Kalecgos and Gorehowl stick out something awful. Anyways I do wanna play with new stuff just need to shove this thought to the side.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Millhouse just seems like a better Kalecgos to me tbh. Gorehowl was also pretty far from playable even when control Warrior was tier 1 in Nazjatar.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Millhouse is definitely better than Kalecgos

Kalecgos only gave you discount on one spell unless it survived, Millhouse discounts your whole hand of spells

the only time I've seen Gorehowl in years is when the Juggernaut equipped it for the "hilarious" lethal

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Oenis posted:

You're not going to tell us how? :(

How to get Wild Legend when the new set comes out. OK, I will tell you.

Build this deck. Play it til you figure out the quirks. It is off meta and does well in low Diamond and high Legend. When the new set comes out you swap the Dire Frenzy for Stranglethorn Heart. There is some insane stuff here like K9 into Raptor, Rhino + Hydralodon, etc.

### Beasty Boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQS9oATnuQSwkwUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDjq0Dos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEwO0EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Have fun!

Edit: this slaughters Pirate Rogue.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 31, 2023

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

hey if you're running a death knight farming bot in silver/gold ranked standard can you make sure it has a good connection and is functioning? if i'm going up against bots, i'd like to at least actually play some drat games of Hearthstone

edit: i mean, it's free rank, I guess, but

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 31, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

You can tell when someone is botting by watching what they hover over. Then you can use the knowledge they are botting to gently caress with them.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Dane was having success against bots with the "discover a spell, if your opponent guesses they get a copy" Mage minion

the bots can't interact with the cards so they just sit there and time out

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Julio Cruz posted:

Dane was having success against bots with the "discover a spell, if your opponent guesses they get a copy" Mage minion

the bots can't interact with the cards so they just sit there and time out

this explains what happened yesterday lmao

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The only bots I remember are the ones that just hover over hero power and pass constantly

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Make sure you report the bots it might not seem like it does anything but they do ban the accounts eventually

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
This month has been kinda bad for laddering (for me anyway) but I found that demon hunter Proving Grounds deck, put a rack of ribs to smoke, cracked open some whiskey and have been sitting outside idly playing and have been on a huge streak to diamond 5. Hopefully anyone stuck today can utilize it and get in a few last minute ranks. It’s been pretty fun (the booze helps though)

### Surprise!
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 1x (0) Sigil of Silence
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Multi-Strike
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (5) Bone Glaive
# 2x (5) Chaos Nova
# 2x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 2x (6) Proving Grounds
# 2x (8) Troll Centurion
#
AAECAfWOBQLr7wOHiwQOwvEDifcDivcDyoAEhI0EgZ8Eg58Etp8E26QEjrAEtbMEvsoEpeIEhpIFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

E: the proving grounds will hit for 16. Save the dispose evidence to cycle the centurions back into your deck on the burst turn. So just whittle them down and murder boards while you’re waiting to do your thing.

E2: disclaimer - have not fought a blood death knight or something else super Healy yet.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 31, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Firebert posted:

Make sure you report the bots it might not seem like it does anything but they do ban the accounts eventually

They never show up in my "recent player" list. Most of them have names with cyrillic letters, maybe the client can't parse those properly.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
If anyone cares, Luna is streaming now spectating Meati and Pocket Train while they try to pip each other at the post for rank 1. When she talks about the game it's really good.

https://www.twitch.tv/lunaloveee8

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

What's even the point of botting in hearthstone? Just to get free packs from ranking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

What's even the point of botting in hearthstone? Just to get free packs from ranking up?

Gold/exp farming yeah