Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
With Chamber of Starlight back up as the LLS today, I had a bit more time to farm it with uwaeve's tips and Le Monarque and even managed to get Master solo flawless this time (no effect on guardian rank, but hey, it's one more Triumph), and the last two helm exotics I was missing (Dawn Chorus and Fallen Sunstar).

I thought it was supposed to be exotic chestpieces today according to D2 Checklist, but hey, I need helms more anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

haveblue posted:

not true, they added and then removed the riven cookie snowglobe

"terrified of touching it" does not mean "completely unwilling to touch it"

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Finally picked up Witherhoard. It’s cool, but the very specific play style of “shoot ground, swap to primary/heavy, wait 5 seconds, repeat” seems like it might get old quickly. Clearly need the catalyst so I’m not reloading non-stop.

I hate PvP, so the 100 guardian kills is a big lift. Can I just use any grenade launcher, or does it have to be Witherhoard specifically? If I can use any I may work on the Fighting Lion catalyst at the same time.

I’m going to unlock some more Ascendant Shards through reputation soon, so I may go for Outbreak Perfected next. I’d like Tarrabah, but I don’t raid and it needs like 250 Spoils of Conquest.

It seemed to count more than one kill in PvP. It went way faster doing PvP than Vanguard playlist. I think I got the PvP part in a couple of hours of playing, and I didn't kill people 100 times, I don't think.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I say this as someone who hates PvP requirements for catalysts: witherhoard’s is stupid easy and even fun. It’s great in iron banner, people will never not walk into the puddle.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Halibut Barn posted:

With Chamber of Starlight back up as the LLS today, I had a bit more time to farm it with uwaeve's tips and Le Monarque and even managed to get Master solo flawless this time (no effect on guardian rank, but hey, it's one more Triumph), and the last two helm exotics I was missing (Dawn Chorus and Fallen Sunstar).

I thought it was supposed to be exotic chestpieces today according to D2 Checklist, but hey, I need helms more anyway.

A lot of the bots and 3rd party apps aren’t pulling it right, follow this twitter account instead

https://twitter.com/d2lostsector/status/1641123075742744603?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

PERMACAV 50 posted:

we should be allowed to give cookies to all raid bosses :colbert:

I was incredibly loving furious I couldn't give a cookie to Rhulk last dawning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Riven only got it because it was easy (if time-consuming) to reach her solo, no other raid has a feature like that so it wouldn't be as funny to as many people

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I had a really lovely time on the witherhoard catalyst but I have gotten over the bad feels by now and still have an amazing kinetic GL so, it's worth it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It would be rad to give cookies to raid bosses but unfortunately Raids are Paid Content and holidays are Free, so they can't

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Halibut Barn posted:

Thanks for mentioning this as it reminded me to get the hunter strand hat!

E: Also glad you got your thing done!

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 30, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Hamelekim posted:

It seemed to count more than one kill in PvP. It went way faster doing PvP than Vanguard playlist. I think I got the PvP part in a couple of hours of playing, and I didn't kill people 100 times, I don't think.

Some of the old catalyst quests have been updated to take advantage of the seasonal double/quadruple boost so that might be why it was counting more

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s also fairly common for quests to count guardian kills as more progress than PVE, but I don’t remember if seasonal weapon grinds do that

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Destiny in Australia is such a fuckin' crapshoot.

Play Comp, hit Promotion series, get excited, immediately get queued with two solos so deep in SEA they're teleporting, vs a three stack in Australia. Watch them get 1,000 damage between them, when they're 0-2 down start jumping off cliffs.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Shockeh posted:

Play Comp, hit Promotion series, get excited, immediately get queued with two solos so deep in SEA they're teleporting, vs a three stack in Australia. Watch them get 1,000 damage between them, when they're 0-2 down start jumping off cliffs.

yep.

Difference with CBMM and SBMM in australia is negligible, as I've had "CBMM" games playing asia and the US west coast forever so I'm used to it sucking.

I use a lot of weapons like witherhoard and GLs in general as they seem to be able to double quite effectively, bypassing the lag.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

What doesn't sit right with me about Root is that the mechanics widen the gap between add clear and "do mechanics" roles. During contest I was playing with friends & we did two runners per seed in encounters 1, 2, and 4 but in most groups I've played with, folks want one runner in charge of light, one runner in charge of dark, and nobody else should touch the seeds. That "shut off nodes for X seconds" mechanic when someone shoots the seed too soon feels awful, and so the default community move appears to be "stay in your lane."

This is fine but it would be better for new players if penalties were also offset by no-downside ways for all players to interact with mechanics -- like, something that extends damage phases / drops ammo or orbs / creates cover in a place that people would appreciate / etc.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

not true, they added and then removed the riven cookie snowglobe

It was not removed, it is still there.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Master Root complete :toot:

Wasn't too bad. Took us some time to figure out the challenge on master, having no practice ahead of time. Was fun though. The mechanics mattered a lot more when things didn't die instantly.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It would be rad to give cookies to raid bosses but unfortunately Raids are Paid Content and holidays are Free, so they can't

Atheon and Oryx aren't!! And by the next Dawning, there'll be a third free raid in town!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Atheon and Oryx aren't!! And by the next Dawning, there'll be a third free raid in town!

Vex Milk & Cookies when!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Kith posted:

lol, and also: lmao

when I graduate I'm gonna worm my way into working for Bungie with the one and only goal being to retroactively justify the last wish oracle's existence and make it evidence of like a secret vex cell in the dreaming city that creates robo-riven or something

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shockeh posted:

Get a Jotunn and accept that for technical reasons you'll never get above a 0.8 KD except when the spirits of the internet align.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

arsenicCatnip posted:

when I graduate I'm gonna worm my way into working for Bungie with the one and only goal being to retroactively justify the last wish oracle's existence and make it evidence of like a secret vex cell in the dreaming city that creates robo-riven or something

I hope the witness pilots an EVA in that raid

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

I hope the witness pilots an EVA in that raid

How about a nice reskinned cabal tank?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DancingShade posted:

How about a nice reskinned cabal tank?

Let's be real, it'll be a thresher with scorn snipers riding every available surface

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

arsenicCatnip posted:

you have to do Riven legit if you wanna cope about RoNs difficulty, I've decided.

Riven legit is still one of the best fights in the game and is better designed than the entirety of Root combined.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

asterioth posted:

Riven legit is still one of the best fights in the game and is better designed than the entirety of Root combined.

it's fun, I wouldn't call it better designed just cause of the horrifically scattered callouts (a problem a lot of LW encounters share)

worth doing at least once imo

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Chests in the EDZ are bugged and don't give glimmer anymore

:pwn:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

Let's be real, it'll be a thresher with scorn snipers riding every available surface

Make it invulnerable every 33% health until you clear a very large wave of enemies and now we're talking.

It goes without saying it shoots at you the whole fight even when invulnerable, the arena will be full of death falls and multiple wyverns & tormenters.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DancingShade posted:

Make it invulnerable every 33% health until you clear a very large wave of enemies and now we're talking.

It goes without saying it shoots at you the whole fight even when invulnerable, the arena will be full of death falls and multiple wyverns & tormenters.

Also does a boss stomp that covers a random fractal area every 140 seconds that you can only avoid if you shove a kaleidoscope up your rear end while listening to TOOL to interpret the possible pattern.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

PathAsc posted:

Also does a boss stomp that covers a random fractal area every 140 seconds that you can only avoid if you shove a kaleidoscope up your rear end while listening to TOOL to interpret the possible pattern.

Finally, a boss mechanic that matches my preferred play style

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gadzuko posted:

Finally, a boss mechanic that matches my preferred play style

Found the bungie dev team account

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I like that you do alot of your damage while falling during Riven legit and its not pop well, stand here for 30 seconds.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Are Suspended enemies considered “airborne”? So Witherhoard’s AOE would not damage them?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Witherhoard's flames seem to reach up and slap me on the taint while I'm floating 15 feet in the air as a Warlock, so I'm not sure that it really works that way.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Lol

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1641445789003288577?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Embarrassment of a system.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reminder that at Lightfall launch those numbers were 750, 1250, and 1750

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Embarrassment of a system.
Eh, just seems like a smart correction to try to reduce the commendation system as something you engage with for the sake of getting stuff.

Bur definitely a system they probably could have thought through more before release.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
They need to give more time and allow you to give commendations to people who leave quickly. Also they should provide the score below each person so I can properly rate people. Otherwise I have to switch screens read names, switch back and hope they haven't left yet or the timer hasn't run out before I can actually give commendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They also need to allow a third commendation on 6 player activities. Far too often in crucible do I see someone that got 0 from anyone. It's like a sad kid at valentines day and had I known I would have choo choo choosed them.