Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Tainen posted:

when you guys get tacos what is your meat of choice? I used to always get Al Pastor but recently I started getting carnitas and god drat there is nothing better than a good carnitas.

I'm lame and I usually just do asada or pastor, sometimes lengua

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Beeftweeter posted:

lol my wife just sent this to me

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Pennsylvania is a state entirely composed of those people that wear basketball shorts even in winter

God's will

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
barbacoa with onions and cilantro, a little salt and lime, drat dude, dieting sucks

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol some fun stuff here: Here’s what Fox News was trying to hide in its Dominion lawsuit redactions

quote:

Rupert Murdoch said Trump's claims about the election were 'pretty much a crime'

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Looking good sir!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Al! posted:

how do you tell a river's age, do you count its rings

I think one of the things about the new river is that it bisects the Appalachians, which are old as gently caress. They can tell the mountains rose around the river. It's really dramatic in places like Narrows VA.

Oh! Another fun thing: it all used to be part of the ancient Teays River which was hosed around by glaciers. It's easy to tell from satellite tho - look at Google maps for Teays Valley WV. you can kind of trace the outline.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Fox News literally has revealed themselves to know the election is not rigged and thought Trump was a loving moron for letting January 6 get out of hand but the case will drag on forever so yeah...

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

External Organs posted:

Geology is neat and all this stuff is good. I've always found it interesting to either 1) go through the tunnel at the WV/VA border on 77 south, you're immediately in the ridge and valley once you go under, 2) 64 east into the greenbrier valley is a similar vibe. Limestone karst up in that bitch.

yeah agree about that tunnel on I-77 and I also like seeing the really palpable shift in terrain on 64 between Clifton Forge VA and White Sulphur Springs WV

come to think of it, following 77 from Beckley WV to the area around Mt Airy NC gives you a hell of a lot of variety of terrain in just two hours' driving

karst terrain with shallow soil and limestone outcrops is fun to make scale-model scenery of too

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Welcome to geology hype hour

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

expired microplastics meat, oh Plinkey

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
btw wikipedia says thats one of the oldest rivers in the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_by_age

it probably predates the atlantic ocean

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

not linking? gonna make me google it? come on

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

External Organs posted:

I think one of the things about the new river is that it bisects the Appalachians, which are old as gently caress. They can tell the mountains rose around the river. It's really dramatic in places like Narrows VA.

Oh! Another fun thing: it all used to be part of the ancient Teays River which was hosed around by glaciers. It's easy to tell from satellite tho - look at Google maps for Teays Valley WV. you can kind of trace the outline.

this also ties into the being able to find shell fossils in central PA thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

External Organs posted:

cool, maybe one day we'll see this river again

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Fox News literally has revealed themselves to know the election is not rigged and thought Trump was a loving moron for letting January 6 get out of hand but the case will drag on forever so yeah...

honestly it seems like its going to wrap up pretty soon. they might be able to drag it out with appeals but i don't think its likely that would be successful

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

No, those were put there by extremely bored quakers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

External Organs posted:

No, those were put there by extremely bored quakers

they'd like you to think that but let's just say religious ecstasy wasn't the only sort that had those freaks shaking

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Al! posted:

cool, maybe one day we'll see this river again

If only. Teays Valley is rear end. That whole Charleston-Huntington corridor can gently caress right off.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I thought there was a place around here that had a bunch, but they might have been plant fossils, went there back in like middle school on some trip I want to say they were in slate?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i hope trump accuses desantis' dad of doing 9/11

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
know what's a good phrase? "Salient Life Stressor"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Montour Preserve Fossil Pit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Plinkey posted:

that'd do it - pretty much anywhere in the state works though - you can tell, like anywhere were the road cuts go through those really clear layers of stone, you have good odds of grabbing one of those and splitting it open to find an ancient dead thing

it's kinda neat to think about

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Plinkey posted:

turn on your montour

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FOXBaltimore/status/1641262719583277061

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that'd do it - pretty much anywhere in the state works though - you can tell, like anywhere were the road cuts go through those really clear layers of stone, you have good odds of grabbing one of those and splitting it open to find an ancient dead thing

it's open to the public and you can just hit rocks for as long as you want to find fossils

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

yeah agree about that tunnel on I-77 and I also like seeing the really palpable shift in terrain on 64 between Clifton Forge VA and White Sulphur Springs WV

come to think of it, following 77 from Beckley WV to the area around Mt Airy NC gives you a hell of a lot of variety of terrain in just two hours' driving

karst terrain with shallow soil and limestone outcrops is fun to make scale-model scenery of too

this part of southbound I-77 where you're clinging to the side of the Blue Ridge looking out over the piedmont with the other side of the highway downhill from you and Pilot Mountain in NC way off in the distance is :discourse:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

always tough to hear about an attempted suicide

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

What’s the rush anyway :shrug:

Take your time!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Oh no, poo poo, that’s scary. How many of them died?

lmao

"As I was on the phone with her, she's telling him to 'stay awake. "open your eyes; I need you to stay with me,' as a mother, my heart sank. I panicked," the parent told us.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my grandpa lived next to an amish farm and was friends with the family, he asked if he could walk through the field after they plowed and the farmer was like 'go for it not sure why you'd want to do that' he found a bunch of arrow heads

which is also pretty cool

he also buried dead animals (cats, racoons, birds, and one time a bull skull) in his back yard, marked them, and let them there for a few months so that he could have their skulls

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Oh no, poo poo, that’s scary. How many of them died?

lmao

"As I was on the phone with her, she's telling him to 'stay awake. "open your eyes; I need you to stay with me,' as a mother, my heart sank. I panicked," the parent told us.

Sleeping might be better for them. It’s not like it was laced with something actually dangerous.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

I really like geology but I decided not to do it for a living because I don't like working outside if I can help it

geology is very awesome

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1641265477203681280

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Sleeping might be better for them. It’s not like it was laced with something actually dangerous.

weed is very dangerous, it costs me 10s of dollars in snacks a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Stay awake. Open your eyes; I need you to stay with me.