Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i hope the lions win the nfc north and, hell, the super bowl

If this were to happen, i’d disappate into nothingness like Dr. Manhattan, and would reappear months later as a giant glowing naked blue man with the Lions logo burned into my forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Lions should have a parade if they win the division and then more parades for any subsequent playoff wins

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gonz posted:

If this were to happen, i’d disappate into nothingness like Dr. Manhattan, and would reappear months later as a giant glowing naked blue man with the Lions logo burned into my forehead.

Dr. Detroit?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Same, let them win before the Bears dynasty activates

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Same, let them win before the Bears dynasty activates

Knowing the little bit I know about the bears as an org, my gut reaction to this statement is that this requires more faith to believe in than faith to believe the Lions will win the NFC, or the superbowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Lions should have a parade if they win the division

A statue of Campbell would get built somewhere in the vicinity, it wouldn't just be a parade

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Sataere posted:

Dr. Detroit?

Professor Greektown

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Knowing the little bit I know about the bears as an org, my gut reaction to this statement is that this requires more faith to believe in than faith to believe the Lions will win the NFC, or the superbowl

The bears are 1-1 in superbowls. The lions have to overcome 60 years of dysfunction. I dont have any hate for the lions and i want them to win (just a little), but they havent won a championship since 1957 and have never appeared in a superbowl.

The bears really just hosed up when they canned lovie and jerry angelo. I didnt like jerry much then, but i learned to appreciate him more after the series of fuckups they hired after him.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Chris James 2 posted:

A statue of Campbell would get built somewhere in the vicinity, it wouldn't just be a parade

There should already be one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

mercenarynuker posted:

Professor Greektown

My lair is beneath Pegasus Taverna.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

The bears are 1-1 in superbowls. The lions have to overcome 60 years of dysfunction. I dont have any hate for the lions and i want them to win (just a little), but they havent won a championship since 1957 and have never appeared in a superbowl.

The bears really just hosed up when they canned lovie and jerry angelo. I didnt like jerry much then, but i learned to appreciate him more after the series of fuckups they hired after him.

Wasn’t that roughly around when the kids took over running the org?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding or over extrapolating, but as I understood it it was the failsons that started the descent into madness

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding or over extrapolating, but as I understood it it was the failsons that started the descent into madness

Mike McCaskey took over the Bears in 1983 or 1984, and that's when the team started to spiral downward. He replaced Mike Ditka with Dave Wannstedt in 1992, and infamously announced a press conference to announce the hiring of Dave McGinnis as their new head coach after the 1998 season ... except McGinnis hadn't actually agreed to a contract yet, and was on his way to Halas Hall to discuss final terms when he heard about the press conference on the radio. He backed out, and the Bears, with egg on their face, turned to Dick Jauron.

That was the incident that led to Mikey boy being kicked upstairs and Ted Phillips and Mark Hatley taking over the team.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If Wikipedia is to be believed, WCF Sr took over ownership in 1961. So I think the Ford family as a whole is to blame here.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Didn't one of the kids tell WCF Sr to fire Matt Millen even though he didn't want to?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Didn't one of the kids tell WCF Sr to fire Matt Millen even though he didn't want to?

Bill Jr., if I recall.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Quoting myself from the N/V thread:

Blowjob Overtime posted:

They're in the same division, and I'd still be 90-95% as excited for the Lions as I would be for own team.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Bill Jr actually publicly said Millen needed to be fired, basically forced Seniors hand.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
That rules, reminds me of Jerry's son taking Johnny Manziel's draft card out of Jerry's hand on draft night and ripping it up

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1641539391209328642

Nathan Peterman must be the best player coach/teacher/hype man backup QB in the league.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

Nathan Peterman must be the best player coach/teacher/hype man backup QB in the league.

Someones gotta fill Josh McCowns shoes.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dexo posted:

I highly value Nathan Peterman being in the National Football League. He brings me joy imagining him getting a chance to play again and the comedy that would ensue.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Peterman seems like a glue guy. Makes sense when you have your starting QB decided

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/1641563636887093248

Bring them all back. Is there a spot for Wayne Fontes on the coaching staff?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I had to check if Fontes is even alive.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

They should trade for Slay and Diggs too. I'm waiting for them to announce pencil dick has joined the team in some capacity - put him in a time out seat and show him how to properly run a team.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I had to check if Fontes is even alive.

Not only is he living his best life. He's loving what the Lions are doing.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's a shame the Lions aren't gonna keep Penisini when they already have the Analzone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Greetings "Black and Blue Division" "We The North"! I was wondering who you thought the Cleveland Browns should select with the 74th overall draft pick! Let's go the Chicago Bears, the Detroit Lions, the Green Bay Packers, and the Minnesota Vikings!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cavauro posted:

Greetings "Black and Blue Division" "We The North"! I was wondering who you thought the Cleveland Browns should select with the 74th overall draft pick! Let's go the Chicago Bears, the Detroit Lions, the Green Bay Packers, and the Minnesota Vikings!

Me.
I'll hold a clipboard for the league minimum and then retire and you get a compensation pick

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hello! I think they should trade it to the Lions for pick #194. Thanks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Cavauro posted:

trade it to the bears for the Nathan Peterman

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tinstaach posted:

Hello! I think they should trade it to the Lions for pick #194. Thanks

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol saw some article about "the script" being leaked for next year's superbowl, and it's the lions beating the chiefs. I'm for it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

Lol saw some article about "the script" being leaked for next year's superbowl, and it's the lions beating the chiefs. I'm for it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Cavauro posted:

This post made me realize the NFC North teams end up in the same order alphabetically both by location and team name

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cavauro posted:

Anthony Richardson

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Cavauro posted:

Trade it to Green Bay for Rodgers.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cavauro posted:

Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Billy Taylor, Long Snapper, Rutgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nervous posted:

Billy Taylor, Long Snapper, Rutgers

This is the NFC North thread sir! Not the AFC East thread!