Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

For everyone who doesn’t read it, I’ll read it twice.

I didn't read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that post, like resident evil 6, was too long but had positive qualities

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i love resident evil

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Deadly Silence was a good port imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Deadly Silence is the best way to play original RE1

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

was the first time i actually played re1 and it was sick

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This was the first way I played RE1. They had a normal port and an arranged version with touchscreen knife fights.

The real unique stuff was the multiplayer mode, which was this kind of crude co-op quasi-Outbreak thing. It was cool because you could play as every member of S.T.A.R.S., including the dumb guys that die in five minutes. I remember Forrest would say “Let’s light this candle!” :clint:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its my favorite version of the original re1 and i would like a remaster of the original re1 with all the features from every port... dreamcast, director's cut, DS it would own capcom please

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The real unique stuff was the multiplayer mode, which was this kind of crude co-op quasi-Outbreak thing. It was cool because you could play as every member of S.T.A.R.S., including the dumb guys that die in five minutes. I remember Forrest would say “Let’s light this candle!” :clint:

i have never met another person who owned the game to see what the multiplayer was like lol

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

going to main the resident evil character whose sole appearence is getting eating by a zombie in the first hallway

----------------

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bring back the Sega Saturn-only costumes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still genuinely surprised there isn't some sort of Resident Evil Classics Collection for all the old versions of the games, but I guess they're invested in the remakes more than anything now

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its my favorite version of the original re1 and i would like a remaster of the original re1 with all the features from every port... dreamcast, director's cut, DS it would own capcom please

i have never met another person who owned the game to see what the multiplayer was like lol

it’s like very niche. I think it was janky cause like two people couldn’t fight the same instance of a boss/enemy simultaneously-you’d be depleting two different health bars. So like one person would fight a boss and the other person would wait around. Cool concept at least.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it’s like very niche. I think it was janky cause like two people couldn’t fight the same instance of a boss/enemy simultaneously-you’d be depleting two different health bars. So like one person would fight a boss and the other person would wait around. Cool concept at least.

its dangerous to go alone jill *waits outside while jill kills the boss*

----------------

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Good soup! posted:

Still genuinely surprised there isn't some sort of Resident Evil Classics Collection for all the old versions of the games, but I guess they're invested in the remakes more than anything now

there are so many ports of the classic games each with different unique features and modes that it would be cool to one day see definitive editions with all of that bundled together

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

believe it or not ladies... he's 38 years old and the same age as barry

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

For everyone who doesn’t read it, I’ll read it twice.

----------------

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

whats this from

----------------

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dongicus posted:

whats this from

Resident Evil 2 artbook, I believe

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 63 days!
back from a 30 and extremely hype for battle frontier who wants to catch me up

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup! posted:

I'm absolutely fascinated by it and would kill for that 80 percent build that is apparently legit out there but in the hands of some rear end in a top hat collector. I want to see it as close to the finished product as possible because it's a cool window into a game that was complete loving trash and would have cratered the series right out of the gate lol

people who hoard this kind of thing are monsters

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

croup coughfield posted:

Wb

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tmfc posted:

someone needs to kick their rear end for real

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tmfc posted:

ill pm you the details for the current plot, you need to bring your own balaclava though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

i agree with every word he said but i'll fight to the end to nod have to read jt

- Voltaire

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy
Jul 26, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

lol welcome back dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

je1 healthcare posted:

There's a good battle system buried in there, but the campaign maps clearly weren't built around them and it fails to introduce players to the new mechanics or teach them that it's fundamentally a melee-oriented game with the guns mostly useful as stun tools

And even when you do finish a campaign or two and have things mastered, it's unfun and tedious to go back to chapter 1 of a new campaign with the difficulty brought way back down.

The upgrade system was crummy, no one likes to finish a chapter and not have enough points to buy anything which was 80% of the time.

The vehicle segments should have been axed

The AI partner is mostly useful as a tank because they were made invincible as a band-aid solution to them needing constant protection

The game had to be patched to reduce the number of QTEs. It also had to be patched to allow camera controls because at launch the character's profile obscured half the screen.

They re-introduced classic zombies and it becomes immediately clear why they stopped using them in RE4. The over-the-shoulder camera makes it too easy to pick off slow lumbering mobs from a distance, zombies are only a threat in closed quarters or if they surprise you. They compensated for this by having zombies that move at random speeds or leap at you from a distance, but it's much less predictable than the RE4 and RE5 enemies whom more or less telegraph their attacks and take turns attacking you as they encircle you.

The reason past RE games made you start with a pistol and doled out new weapons over time was so you could get acclimated to how they each function. Also, it's a cool feeling to pick up a new weapon that's 2x more powerful than your old one. RE6 pretty much gives you the full arsenal on chapter 1 and tosses you into a mob of enemies from the start and lets you figure out in the heat of combat how they differ. Again, I assume this was a band-aid solution for players to get past the wild swings in difficulty.

Like goshdamn it's so frustratingly middling and I've spent more time thinking about it than any other RE game

It had the best version of mercenaries mode though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6MDZqb3tI8

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RE6 owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmao