Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

That Works posted:

Any hints?

I think what you want is a subnet router. This video is for Synology but the command you run should be the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

That Works posted:

So I thought I "got" setting up tailscale but I am having some dumb brain problem getting my head around it.

I am not sure if it does what I want it to do or not, or if I am just misreading something.

Basically what I tried was this:

I have an OPNSense Router running as exit node and this shows up in the tailscale webUI as such and gives it an IP. I then have tailscale (non exit node) on my iPhone and my laptop and they connect to tailscale and show up in the webUI as connected etc. Internet still works but when I try to go to my router IP (192.168.x.x) I don't get a connection and when I try to go to the other IP given for the exit node in the tailscale webUI it wont connect either. So, I am "connected" to tailscale according to the app on the device, and according to the webUI, but I am not connecting to my own router...

Should I just run my UnraidNAS as the exit node instead (this is usually really what I would want to remote access) or something else? I've spent a bit of time googling around, reinstalling etc just kind of cant get things to connect.

What I ultimately want to do is:

Login to Tailscale (or something else), be practically on my home network, using its Unbound DNS adblocking etc, connecting to network storage there, when I want to.

Any hints?

I think you might be seeing this behavior because OPNsense's firewall is by necessity stricter than what you'd have running by default on most common operating system. Since you don't lose Internet connectivity when using the router as exit node, my guess is that it's allowing Tailscale clients to route out to WAN but not necessarily to LAN by default.

The router not responding on its tailnet IP address I'm thinking might just be because it's not configured to do so. I don't have experience with OPNsense, but OpenWRT for instance will only expose its web UI on LAN and does not consider incoming VPN connections to be LAN traffic unless you configure it to do so. Personally I've created a "vpn" zone in the firewall that I'm allowing "lan" clients to connect to, but I just reject incoming connections from the "vpn" zone.

I'm not using my router as an exit node so the use case is a bit different. Most of my services are only accessible within the "tailnet" (Tailscale network), so I don't care about being able to access my home LAN from outside the home. As I'm always connecting via VPN regardless of where I'm at, it makes no difference.

As gariig suggested, subnet routing might be more relevant in your case. You could then for instance configure your tailnet to route traffic to 192.168.1.0/24 through the OPNsense device, instead of using the exit node behavior which routes absolutely all traffic leaving the tailnet.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

That Works posted:

Any hints?

Specifically to tailscale there is an 'allow local network connection' option that needs to be enabled. For example, in Windows, right click the taskbar icon and make sure that option is checked.

Baba Oh Really fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 22, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hi all thanks a bunch! Between setting up subnetting on the exit node and the 'allow local network' that sorted it out well!

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Doesn't the "allow local network access" option just bypass use of the exit node for private IP address ranges? If your goal is to access your non-tailnet devices from outside the home I would recommend you make sure to test that it works from outside of your network too, for instance via your phone on mobile data.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Keito posted:

Doesn't the "allow local network access" option just bypass use of the exit node for private IP address ranges? If your goal is to access your non-tailnet devices from outside the home I would recommend you make sure to test that it works from outside of your network too, for instance via your phone on mobile data.

Yep I tested it from my laptop on my works wifi back to my home router (which is running the exit node).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Any hints?

Had a big writeup all ready about what I did to get it working but see I've been handily beaten, and pretty much it did boil down to

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
Has anyone noticed Windows Defender flagging the rars in your download folder?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Elphiem posted:

Certain categories of content that don't really have the same strict scene rules often come bundled with a bunch of random additional things that aren't the desired content, like shortcuts to web sites and sometimes EXE files you know you don't want to run, which certainly could cause legitimate alerts.

I personally haven't seen anything of the sort happening though, but for what it's worth my Linux server does most of the automated downloading so my Windows desktop only ever sees the RARs when it's a manual download.

The important question would be whether those RARs contained anything that could actually be risky.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Had a big writeup all ready about what I did to get it working but see I've been handily beaten, and pretty much it did boil down to

Hah yeah pretty much.

Thanks again all, happy to get that sorted, just couldn't get the last bit to click there last time I messed with it.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

What indexers are everyone using for their Linux distributions? I’ve been using NZBGeek but heard it could be better to have multiple to cover more variety.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

sailormoon posted:

What indexers are everyone using for their Linux distributions? I’ve been using NZBGeek but heard it could be better to have multiple to cover more variety.

NinjaCentral and Frugal with Geek have me covered for pretty much everything. I also have Headphones, but that's an awful specific one.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

wolrah posted:

Certain categories of content that don't really have the same strict scene rules often come bundled with a bunch of random additional things that aren't the desired content, like shortcuts to web sites and sometimes EXE files you know you don't want to run, which certainly could cause legitimate alerts.

I personally haven't seen anything of the sort happening though, but for what it's worth my Linux server does most of the automated downloading so my Windows desktop only ever sees the RARs when it's a manual download.

The important question would be whether those RARs contained anything that could actually be risky.

No, this is a known issue where Defender is giving false positives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/11txwap/windows_11_sees_every_download_as_virus/

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Elphiem posted:

Yes. For the first time in years of downloading Linux ISOs, I had Windows Defender flag a rar file. In this instance, it was "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml".

This was on Windows 10 and using Torrents. I'm not smart enough to be confident in classifying something as a false positive so I trashed it.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Is there a recommended idiots guide to setting up a box for the *arrs, etc? I've been running them on Windows off of my main computer and shoving everything onto one one of my Synologies (neither of which are new enough to be able to run docker/etc properly) have managed to free up a beelink and a low power office desktop I used to use for work, so I'm looking at putting everything on one of them to save some power. From what I can tell it seems like I should be running some sort of *nix to do it all (which I haven't really used in about 20 years). Bonus points if it allows me to easily run multiples of Sonarr/Radarr/etc.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 30, 2023

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Hughmoris posted:

Yes. For the first time in years of downloading Linux ISOs, I had Windows Defender flag a rar file. In this instance, it was "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml".

This was on Windows 10 and using Torrents. I'm not smart enough to be confident in classifying something as a false positive so I trashed it.

I will join the pile of people who got a random Wacatac flag on an ISO last week, after never having that problem before. Win 11, NZBget. Haven't had another one since.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tornhelm posted:

Is there a recommended idiots guide to setting up a box for the *arrs, etc? I've been running them on Windows off of my main computer and shoving everything onto one one of my Synologies (neither of which are new enough to be able to run docker/etc properly) have managed to free up a beelink and a low power office desktop I used to use for work, so I'm looking at putting everything on one of them to save some power. From what I can tell it seems like I should be running some sort of *nix to do it all (which I haven't really used in about 20 years). Bonus points if it allows me to easily run multiples of Sonarr/Radarr/etc.

Trash Guides is what most people recommend for config/tweaks, and those all link to the official arr wikis for install/setup directions which seem to be pretty well fleshed out now. Just for Sonarr I see Windows, OSX, Linux and FreeBSD jails. And yeah any modern Linux OS should be able to run a full compliment of arrs without issue. My go-to light weight distro right now is Xubuntu, but depending on how comfortable you are working in terminal you could even skip a GUI completely.

I've never run multiple instances of things before, but I know it's possible as I see it recommended to try and keep regular/4k versions of things straight. People will have a regular install and set up a second one and have it just handle 4k stuff.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Well it seems Lidarr is pretty much useless for me. It’s not the softwares fault, but at least with the trackers I’m using everything is so poorly tagged that it can’t find anything. And when it does grab things, it’s not the expected commercial release but the three disc vinyl with alternate acoustic takes.

I knew metadata was tough with music, but digging into musicbrainz shows how miserable things are. There are like 50 versions of every album across different releases, mediums, etc.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lidarr has only been useful for grabbing new releases from active artists in my experience. Usenet is a nightmare for music otherwise, unless someone knows of a magic tracker that they want to share.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Enos Cabell posted:

Lidarr has only been useful for grabbing new releases from active artists in my experience. Usenet is a nightmare for music otherwise, unless someone knows of a magic tracker that they want to share.

Headphones is music only and dirt cheap. Tends to be hyper-specific for nerds looking for lossless music though. It worked well enough for getting better copies of 128kbps CD rips I did back in the early 2000s that sounded like wet shite.

e: well, it was under $2/mo but looks like they've upped it a bit to $3.78/mo.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 30, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

nerds looking for lossless music

Hey that's me! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Enos Cabell posted:

Soulseek

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Nitr0 posted:

Soulseek

Is soulseek still around?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sure is, though the last Linux client is from 2018 or so. Honestly if you're into building a music library it's worth it to just bite the bullet and pay for a Deezer account, then use Deemix to grab whatever. Development has just ended on the Deemix client, but it's still working for now and hopefully if it does ever break someone will pick things up with it. Even with fairly obscure metal stuff it's rare that I can't find something, and being able to dump full Linux ISOs with a single click is :discourse:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 31, 2023

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Pretty sure Nicotine is the way to go for a currently maintained slsk client. It's what I use anyway.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Would anyone know any Usenet discussion groups that would be focused on foreign films? Specifically Chinese ones? The usual suspects mentioned here don’t seem to do well in that area.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
My PC died recently so I've had to set up SABnzbd from scratch and there's a few things I don't quite understand:

edit: for some reason it was only set to 8 max connections. I upped it to 100 and it's much faster

2. Some downloads keep failing and I'm not sure why

These downloads are being added by Sonarr - is there a way I can get it to not add downloads with missing articles?

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 1, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Might wanna edit out the name of the Linux iso you’re trying to download there

It doesn’t know there are missing articles until it tries to download the file. The best workaround is to buy a block account from a different provider to use as a backup, as oftentimes missing articles are still up elsewhere. You want a block account because it’s not another monthly sub, it just gives you a big chunk of downloads you can use to fill out any gaps in things your main provider doesn’t have.

There’s a diagram somewhere ITT (possibly in the OP but I’m phone posting right now and it won’t load) that’ll tell you which providers are actually using different backends instead of just reselling the same servers, so just pick one that’s different to your current provider and add it as a lower priority server in sabnzbd. Make sure you add it as lower priority so it doesn’t just get burnt through for no reason when stuff is available on the main service.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

History Comes Inside! posted:

Might wanna edit out the name of the Linux iso you’re trying to download there

It doesn’t know there are missing articles until it tries to download the file. The best workaround is to buy a block account from a different provider to use as a backup, as oftentimes missing articles are still up elsewhere. You want a block account because it’s not another monthly sub, it just gives you a big chunk of downloads you can use to fill out any gaps in things your main provider doesn’t have.

There’s a diagram somewhere ITT (possibly in the OP but I’m phone posting right now and it won’t load) that’ll tell you which providers are actually using different backends instead of just reselling the same servers, so just pick one that’s different to your current provider and add it as a lower priority server in sabnzbd. Make sure you add it as lower priority so it doesn’t just get burnt through for no reason when stuff is available on the main service.

Thanks! I thought it might be the case that it can't tell if articles are missing until it starts. I will check out block accounts.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
The URL shown right next to the error in SABnzbd (https://sabnzbd.org/not-complete) provides an explanation and possible solutions for this issue.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

History Comes Inside! posted:

https://svgshare.com/i/iG8.svg

This is 7 mo old, not sure where to find a newer version, but it's based off : https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers#wiki_usenet_services_map

Copernico
Feb 26, 2011
DrunkenSlug registration is open https://drunkenslug.com/register

Copernico fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 2, 2023

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Warbird posted:

Would anyone know any Usenet discussion groups that would be focused on foreign films? Specifically Chinese ones? The usual suspects mentioned here don’t seem to do well in that area.

I personally don't know about Usenet indexers but for torrents there's Avistaz, they have all kinds of Asian movies/TV.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh nice, thanks. I’ll give it a look.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And if you use something like Jackett or Prowlarr they have a ton of built-in trackers you can add with a few clicks, some of them are described as being primarily Chinese media. I see at least Dodder and MioBT listed as general, the others seem to be mostly anime :japan:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh huh, I hadn’t considered that. It’s worth a look.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

deong posted:

This is 7 mo old, not sure where to find a newer version, but it's based off : https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers#wiki_usenet_services_map

https://whatsmyuse.net/ is mentioned a fair bit on reddit and elsewhere. i think its better laid out than a map that may or may not be updated.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Couple of questions if yall don't mind.

1) Is there a way to somehow get a list of highly rated, for example, movies that you don't have in your library? I feel like the more comprehensive my server is, the less I can fill those gaps because it gets to be too much. And it would be faster to understand what I don't have, versus what I have, if that makes sense.

2) My server is approaching 100TB and I am keenly aware that hard drives fail. I'm not going to RAID 100TB, I might recklessly spend on computer poo poo but that is quite the financial proposition. So I'm just wondering, is there some way to organize exactly what is on each hard drive?

I'm thinking that would be awesome so that if a drive fails I can just be like "ok this poo poo was all on the drive, I'll go get it". Once you lose the drive with no record, good luck understanding the gaps in your library.

3) Speaking of 100TB, is there some way to archive my stuff online at a decent cost? I assume not because it would be really expensive for a company to host that data but figured I would ask. I tried some random supposedly unlimited backup service once, and didn't have a great experience, like I hit some kind of soft limit or something and they started messing with my account.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

There are entire server setups like Saltbox that are based on using Google Drive Enterprise for basically unlimited storage. Works a charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Taima posted:

2) My server is approaching 100TB and I am keenly aware that hard drives fail. I'm not going to RAID 100TB, I might recklessly spend on computer poo poo but that is quite the financial proposition. So I'm just wondering, is there some way to organize exactly what is on each hard drive?

I'm thinking that would be awesome so that if a drive fails I can just be like "ok this poo poo was all on the drive, I'll go get it". Once you lose the drive with no record, good luck understanding the gaps in your library.

You can use Radarr for this. I'd even let it manage the filenames/directory structure. If a drive goes missing then the files would be marked as missing in Radarr. How you download them is up to you.