Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thirteen synonyms is a good range of vocabulary. I don't doubt I could do it in English, but I would probably have to stop & think about it after ~8-10.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Hwurmp posted:

he hired someone good-looking to stand next to him

I've seen that strip like 8 times and this is the first time I realized what his deal was, holy smokes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
wait, the unicorn comic is by the person who did Raine Dog?!?!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yep. On the other hand, we've all done some incredibly cringey poo poo in the past.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics

For the last couple of days Rex Morgan and Mary Worth have been mislabeled... which is weird since apparently the labels are part of the image.

Okay, fine, Macanudo. You got me.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm getting very strong Brittany from Daria vibes from this girl.

I know it's basically the same lazy stereotype being played for laughs, but it's so pitch perfect.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

samcarsten posted:

wait, the unicorn comic is by the person who did Raine Dog?!?!
time to dig this one out of the vault

Usagitetein

so glad usagitetein has a big strong friend to help him out

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/5-7/50

Archie 12/9-11/46

An early version of the Princess Leia hairdo?

I have no idea what "P.G." is supposed to stand for in this context. Post-graduate?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

Archie 12/9-11/46

Ha ha! Archie's dad is going to try to gently caress that ballet teacher!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Along with every other man in town except Jughead.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Take Your Pick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RKQRVn4NAs or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrODhcpboW8

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
oh my godddd

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Ha ha! Archie's dad is going to try to gently caress that ballet teacher!

goatface posted:

Along with every other man in town except Jughead.
I can't believe Archie's dad can't realize what a catch Jughead is.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Ok.

Andertoons

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ghostlight posted:

Usagitetein

so glad usagitetein has a big strong friend to help him out

That's adorable

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Drakyn posted:

I can't believe Archie's dad can't realize what a catch Jughead is.

I laughed

Selachian posted:

I have no idea what "P.G." is supposed to stand for in this context. Post-graduate?

Yeah post grad is the only thing I came up with as well.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Selachian posted:

Apparently, it was A Thing to go back to high school after graduating, to fill in some educational gaps. "P.G." students.

https://www.privateschoolreview.com/blog/the-pg-year

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (September 27-29, 1923; timg'd for Chinese laundry humor)

Toonerville Folks (December 6-8, 1920)

THE WINNING SCORE-- The Capt. of the visiting team was tackled by two men on the five yard line--but just as he was about to go down that terrible goat arrived and pushed him on across for a touchdown!

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY THAT MEETS ALL THE TRAINS: The Skipper often pockets his pride along with a 50¢ piece from the Real Estate Man--in which event the running schedule of the system goes completely to pot.

THERE WAS A CONSIDERABLE COMMOTION WHEN IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT THE CLUB HOUSE CONTAINED A GOOD-SIZED STOCK OF COAL-- But none of the club members would admit knowing where the supply had been secured.

Dok's Dippy Boom-Boom (August 30, 1914)

Little Lefty (April 11-13, 1938)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

For the last couple of days Rex Morgan and Mary Worth have been mislabeled... which is weird since apparently the labels are part of the image.
This paper has had blank strip titles before, so I assume putting the strip and the title on the page were separate processes.

This is the first time I've seen two strips mixed up for multiple days though. (and when I say mixed up, I mean the MW comic is in the spot RM normally is, not just the titles switched) :iiam:

e: My galaxy brain theory is that the person putting strips to titles wasn't paying attention and went "this one's talking about med school, gotta be the doctor comic. Huh, what's this leftover one? Looks kinda like Mary Worth, sure, good enough, I leave in five minutes."

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 30, 2023

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

Apparently, it was A Thing to go back to high school after graduating, to fill in some educational gaps. "P.G." students.

Perfect a sport. Haha.

I had a friend who was a wrassler at a private school and what he described didn't sound very academic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PainterofCrap posted:

... So community college?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

And of course now the titles+strip placement are back to normal. Newspapers! :confuoot:
I'm impressed they keep finding ways to make this arc shittier.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Legend of Bill

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Surströmming is of course the famous can of fermented fish that smells so vile that people have been known to spontaneously vomit upon smelling it. Despite this (or because of it?) it's considered a delicacy by our Nordic neighbours.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 26, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Even written as an overt jackass Mud is the most interesting character in his strip. It's gonna be wild when he loosens up his suit jacket, reveals he's lost 100 lbs and gone full gigachad.

Lmao at Demons of Baseball. "Hmmm maybe they could've written letters after all." Director Sohn probably thought that you need true hell to get demons though. Can't be too soft on those guys, let their families think they're dead. What a strip. :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TAFKAMMM is an odd direction to go, with the sunglasses, suit and tie. Looks like he's dressed for security work.

Director Sohn still doesn't think he did anything wrong. He did what he needed to in order to win at the baseball.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I don't think it's director Sohn thinking that about the letters. He a stone cold motherfucker as well as batshit crazy, he's like if Skynet sent a terminator back to win a baseball championship.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

lol

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jul. 01, 1956)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 01, 1956)

:ohdear:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/29/03

Brenda Starr 9/7-9/50

Smokey Stover 10/11/53

Everyday Movies 4/6/36

"You're lucky to have relatives in the fur business -- but take my advice, Clara, don't let the Boss see that cape, if you want to be 'in' on the raise he promised us this spring."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/6-8/41

For non-cursive readers:

Dear Mr. Penn --

For many weeks now I have listened to you sing over the radio. Your voice is so much like that of one I loved so dearly, it startles me. His name was Ralph Rankin.

Five years ago he mysteriously disappeared. I have never heard from him since.

Because of your voice being so much like his, for you see, he sang too, I am writing this letter hoping and praying that you might be my Ralph.

Please let me know.

Marjorie Rankin
Box 33 Havensport
Cu...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
This feels like the second story I've read where a love lorn woman in a wheelchair features in this same time period. I don't think it was Scarlet, was it the strip being shared prior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Doomykins posted:

This feels like the second story I've read where a love lorn woman in a wheelchair features in this same time period. I don't think it was Scarlet, was it the strip being shared prior?

I think you're remembering the Ronnie Rithum story arc in Brenda Starr last thread, where the guy was a successful songwriter cheating on his wife with Brenda. IIRC, it ended with Brenda using the information that the wife actually wrote the songs to blackmail Ronnie into going back to her, which of course is a good and healthy basis for a marriage.

Don't worry, Stamm isn't going that way. It's gonna be a lot weirder.