Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky Fullminster posted:

It's not just about Q. It's about the historical context for the structural forces that have created this whole mess. Q is only one of their products, and as a fun detail yes I can finally reveal who it actually was.

Jim Watkins ran for public office. What big reveal is still relevant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

bell jar posted:

seppo mods please don't ban australians in this thread thank you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bucky, at best you are entangled in the endless layers of meaningless bullshit of the right like a bug in a spider's web. It's designed to waste your time and effort. You spend tens of thousands of words trying to explain the obvious and still getting it wrong.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Remember, if you smile and show your teeth it looks authentic and approachable. Also make sure you smile with your eyes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Recoome posted:

Remember, if you smile and show your teeth it looks authentic and approachable. Also make sure you smile with your eyes.

Ban this filth

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Recoome posted:

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Oh, thank God. Looks way more normal now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Clive Palmer hires Christian Porter to help him sue Australia for $300bn

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Centralising the campaign in Perrottet’s office where Yaron Finkelstein – Scott Morrison’s former principal political adviser – reigned, was another source of friction. Officials claimed they were kept in the dark on policy announcements or electorate engagements. They complained they would not be told until 11pm the night before what was happening the next day, or they would read about it in the morning media.

It became farcical after Finkelstein instructed campaign headquarters to order some blue baseball caps with the slogan “West is Best” for Perrottet to wear to a Daily Telegraph event. When the caps arrived, Perrottet smartly refused to wear one, figuring people living in the northern, southern and eastern suburbs would take offence.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
So I'm going to share an image that has me very mad.

So a while back when my rent spiked up and I was trying to figure out how the gently caress I could buy a house since nearly everything was out of reach in terms of what the bank was telling me my borrowing power was, I passed by this signage.

Now this was one of the houses I had looked at because it was a price I could afford and gently caress me, a sold sign right next to a for lease sign is absolutely loving cooked. I looked up the prices for the sale and the price for the rent. Sale 430k, rent 500 bucks a week. Buying that house with 0 deposit (borrowing the full 430k) you'd be paying 60 dollars a week more than the current 500 a week in rent. This place is a perfect "starter house", it's small and not in a great location (right next to a major road). But instead of that being an option for people they are getting aboslutely fleeced in rent, paying a mortgages worth of rent to not even own the place. My rent ended up more than my mortgage was and I could only do that because I had a bunch of savings from flogging away in oil and gas for years with housemates to keep rent affordable.

How are people supposed to save to buy? How are they supposed to survive? Landlords are extorting them for the right to have shelter.
If you want to invest buy loving stock. Housing is a necessity not an investment vehicle. gently caress.

Anyway, I'd like a large whopper value meal with a diet coke, thanks.

tl;dr: end landlordism, shits hosed.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

hooman posted:

So I'm going to share an image that has me very mad.

So a while back when my rent spiked up and I was trying to figure out how the gently caress I could buy a house since nearly everything was out of reach in terms of what the bank was telling me my borrowing power was, I passed by this signage.

Now this was one of the houses I had looked at because it was a price I could afford and gently caress me, a sold sign right next to a for lease sign is absolutely loving cooked. I looked up the prices for the sale and the price for the rent. Sale 430k, rent 500 bucks a week. Buying that house with 0 deposit (borrowing the full 430k) you'd be paying 60 dollars a week more than the current 500 a week in rent. This place is a perfect "starter house", it's small and not in a great location (right next to a major road). But instead of that being an option for people they are getting aboslutely fleeced in rent, paying a mortgages worth of rent to not even own the place. My rent ended up more than my mortgage was and I could only do that because I had a bunch of savings from flogging away in oil and gas for years with housemates to keep rent affordable.

How are people supposed to save to buy? How are they supposed to survive? Landlords are extorting them for the right to have shelter.
If you want to invest buy loving stock. Housing is a necessity not an investment vehicle. gently caress.

Anyway, I'd like a large whopper value meal with a diet coke, thanks.

tl;dr: end landlordism, shits hosed.

Easy, lifters and leaners.

Get a good job, get paid good money and buy a good house. Time 2 embrace the system of capitalism and become the next generation of landlords.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Recoome posted:

Easy, lifters and leaners.

Get a good job, get paid good money and buy a good house. Time 2 embrace the system of capitalism and become the next generation of landlords.

I think I read a few weeks ago that 2 average wage earners can no longer afford a house.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Comstar posted:

I think I read a few weeks ago that 2 average wage earners can no longer afford a house.

https://www.smh.com.au/property/news/think-it-s-impossible-to-buy-a-house-in-this-town-you-might-be-right-20230323-p5cuof.html

Gist of it:
The grim reality facing home buyers has been laid bare in new analysis showing only 0.1 per cent of Sydney houses and 2.2 per cent of Melbourne houses are considered affordable to the average household.

Nationally, fewer than one in five, or 18.3 per cent of houses could be bought comfortably by those on an average household income, as could 37.7 per cent of units, CoreLogic research showed.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Capt.Whorebags posted:

https://www.smh.com.au/property/news/think-it-s-impossible-to-buy-a-house-in-this-town-you-might-be-right-20230323-p5cuof.html

Gist of it:
The grim reality facing home buyers has been laid bare in new analysis showing only 0.1 per cent of Sydney houses and 2.2 per cent of Melbourne houses are considered affordable to the average household.

Nationally, fewer than one in five, or 18.3 per cent of houses could be bought comfortably by those on an average household income, as could 37.7 per cent of units, CoreLogic research showed.

I was looking at that, and with that repayment over 30 years at 5.2% you're looking at being able to borrow 410k. 15k of that goes to LMI, because you don't have a 20% deposit because rents are insane.

So, good luck buying a place that's less than 395k and you have that at mortgage stress immediately, so no way the bank will even be willing to loan you that.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah it's dire. The remaining "affordable" places for the average income family are in areas where you're well in the bottom half of the income average.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/1641356698215669761?t=nM-MYeiEaWh4Vcbqjp_baw&s=19

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shut the gently caress up Mark

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i was pleased to see that one nation didnt win any seats in the nsw election

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The perfect tweet doesn't exi...

...never mind.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/PaulineHansonOz/status/1641323876738306048

bring on the splits

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Since he just slimed his way into a new eight year term by exploiting an electoral technicality, counting down until he just tells her to kick rocks and rides his time out as an independent

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
How hosed up of a person must you be when even Pauline Hanson thinks you went too far?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Lord Bude posted:

How hosed up of a person must you be when even Pauline Hanson thinks you went too far?

yeah lol this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Does this mean that there are gay One Nation supporters? Is Pauline afraid of losing them?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Does this mean that there are gay One Nation supporters? Is Pauline afraid of losing them?

Hanson knows that debate is over. Sure there are plenty of homophobic bigots and there will be for a long time to come, but the opposition to gay rights is clearly on the wrong side of history as far as Australia is concerned.

One Nation has always tried to be that last stopping post for people who are convinced their views secretly mainstream, hoping there are enough of them to reel in.

In the 90s that was obsessing over Asian immigration. 20 years later a lot more Asians had moved to Australia, more people are likely to know people from Asian backgrounds and be turned off by that racism. So at that point you had One Nation even trying to attract Asian candidates.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Anidav posted:

james ashby is still hanson's chief of staff

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
IMO, that Bucky guy was writing too many words.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Don't worry he'll be back in a few days.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky is my dad

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/LilahRPGtt/status/1641712399739936769?s=20

Nice to see the pro trans crowd is easily hundreds of times the size of the terf-nazi rally.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey it doesn’t work, just fyi

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://twitter.com/LilahRPGtt/status/1641712399739936769?s=20

Nice to see the pro trans crowd is easily hundreds of times the size of the terf-nazi rally.

I love every time they’re massively outnumbered. loving cowards.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

hey it doesn’t work, just fyi

well not with that attitude it won't

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow