Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jerusalem posted:

That's what a 7th playthrough is for! :shepface:

there was one section early on where i felt like my dialogue choice didn't actually represent what i was trying to say so i did scum it lol...

everything after that I Lived With though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I had to scum Disco Elysium a few times because the game crashed after I passed a check but before saving and I deserved that pass dammit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know if I'm stupid or what but it felt like for a good few years at the beginning of the last gen, we had gotten over that poo poo.

It's always the Playstation guys, though. I think mostly it's that they got big heads.

Clearly you don’t read the Xbox thread. An embarrassing amount of console warrioring goes on in there

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would anyone want to read a thread dedicated to a single console. Fake gamers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pentiment continues to surprise. So good

Major spoilers:
Didnt expect yet ANOTHER flash forward. But I will relish the opportunity to start picking some of the more acerbic dialogue options

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I play The Last Of Us the way it’s supposed to be played: in the HBO app on my phone

Edit: in vertical mode

ymgve fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 30, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

The Flood was gods second savescum attempt and he's going to do it again after the rapture

(Super Rare) Footage of God realizing he's left his sim running overnight (4.5 billion years):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOM449H6Y8

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Oxxidation posted:

i resent being made aware of this man's existence, and also his haircut

He looks like if Gavin MacInnes was a gamer. Gamin' MacInnes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

are they? I might go back and do the other two if the missions are totally different. I did Birthright.

They're extremely different yeah. They have vastly different level designs with different goals. Birthright's maps are fairly straightforward while Conquest's tend to be much more complex and work like tactical puzzles where you have to work around really dangerous skill combinations on enemies.

Revelation, meanwhile, is mostly about map terrain gimmicks, which I don't think landed quite as well as either Birthright or Conquest.

Both Conquest and Revelation have very dumb stories and I recommend just kicking back and enjoying the stupid.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:rip:
Here Lies E3
He Never Scored

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1640903663223701505

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1641130876745531396?t=IKPYPROwDOScUm0JLX1eYg&s=19

loving STOP

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I hope we get 1 last good dragon quest and final fantasy then square does a konami so I never have to hear about the company again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Konami the company no one ever talks about lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Unlike Konami Square still makes good games sometimes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
aside from nft announcements square has been knocking it out of the park lately

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBmavOoAx5o

Sakurazuka posted:

Konami the company no one ever talks about lol

They make games, they just don't make video games, it's all gambling.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love trading cards. Still have my 92-93 WWF cards, my 95-96 fleer NBA cards and the fullsets of season 1, 2 and 3 of the x-files cards :)

I would be down for getting FFVII cards. And FFVIII. (triple triad !) and FFIX. and FFX. and FFX-2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

They make games, they just don't make video games, it's all gambling.

They made the best selling Switch game in Japan 2022, they just don't make games people here play.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Looper posted:

aside from nft announcements square has been knocking it out of the park lately

Yeah. SE’s output has been incredible over the last 3 to 4 years. Long may it continue.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe it was 2020 and every year I forget and think it was last year lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They made the best selling Switch game in Japan 2022, they just don't make games people here play.

Which was that?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I started a BotW playthrough last night with the intention of finally finishing it this time, before TotK comes out and holy moly....it just does not run well. Barely scraping by with an uneven 30fps just doesn't feel great in this generation. Kind of surprised that Nintendo isn't prioritizing a new console to launch TotK on honestly, because there's basically no way it will run any better.

That said, I feel like my 200 hours in Elden Ring got me into the BotW mindset a bit more. I struggled to stay focused the last time I tried to play, but this time feels different. They're very different games, but I think ER cured my open world fatigue and opened my mind to it a bit more. Plus the open world feels downright bustling in comparison to Elden Ring, when I distinctly remember thinking it felt dead before. The shrines are still lame though, and the thought of having to do dozens of them just to get my heart containers to a reasonable level, not to mention stamina, is somewhat demoralizing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dabir posted:

Which was that?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ossing_in_japan

See above comment for wrong year

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
edit: I thought we were talking about Square

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Paranormasight made me believe in Square Enix again, or at least that they can have some sort of wild original IP creative boom like EA circa 2008.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Volte posted:

I started a BotW playthrough last night with the intention of finally finishing it this time, before TotK comes out and holy moly....it just does not run well. Barely scraping by with an uneven 30fps just doesn't feel great in this generation. Kind of surprised that Nintendo isn't prioritizing a new console to launch TotK on honestly, because there's basically no way it will run any better.

If you have a semi-recent PC it runs fine via emulation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of good Square games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQPmA-QmeU

Live A Live is coming to PS4/5 and Steam on April 27

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NFT is just another buzzword they'll get bored of as soon as they realise it's bollocks/sells like poo poo same as western devs, just takes a bit longer to filter to Japan.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

how many do I need to buy for them to bring back final fantasy 7: the first soldier

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As long as Square Enix keeps quietly releasing multiple weird mid-budget jrpgs each year, I'll forgive them for this.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I am so out of touch. I have literally never heard of that game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I love trading cards. Still have my 92-93 WWF cards, my 95-96 fleer NBA cards and the fullsets of season 1, 2 and 3 of the x-files cards :)

I would be down for getting FFVII cards. And FFVIII. (triple triad !) and FFIX. and FFX. and FFX-2.

There is a Final Fantasy trading card game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

I am so out of touch. I have literally never heard of that game.
if you don't speak japanese I don't know why would have, momotetsu is gigantic over there and has been for 30+ years but its not something people talk about outside japan

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There is a Final Fantasy trading card game.

:oh no:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

if you don't speak japanese I don't know why would have, momotetsu is gigantic over there and has been for 30+ years but its not something people talk about outside japan

The legend of Momotaro AND trains? Yeah, ain't surprised lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Trains are epic

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Trains are epic

if we could all have a passion for trains like Francis Bourgeois the world would be a better place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love trains