Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I guess they could be useful on space stations or the moon or mars, but lol at trying to put them in earth cities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Platystemon posted:

“from”

That’s just mutton with the memory of mammoth.

Sick of scientists trying to pull the wool over our eyes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wake up, sheeple!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

They isolated the genes for myoglobins from the frozen mammoth samples, and inserted them into sheep cells. So they're sheep cells that make some mammoth myoglobin. Their idea was that the species myoglobin is where the flavor comes from. Kinda, but there's a lot more, like fats, other muscle proteins.

So it's not really mammoth flavor. Kind of like something "orange" flavor that only uses octyl ethanoate for flavor.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
get back to me when you can 3d print a mammoth ribcage and throw it on my car so i can enjoy mammoth ribs at the drive-in like fred flintstone

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/luke_metro/status/1641232090036600832?s=46&t=-ajEHFaSDG6bsUaP5yPwmQ

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

silentsnack posted:

rafts of tangled qudzu totally covering the salt deserts... live and drink, friends.
Live and drink!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Live and drink!
and remember to throw all your technology in the hole

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

yudkowski is one of the stupidest people to ever live

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the Yudnabomber

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hmmm the Basilisk will be most displeased.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

The end point of evoloution obviously being a crab tree.

AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING, YES THIS IS EXACTLY HOW EVOLUTION WORKS!!!

Hey Google Bard:

Do crab trees exist?

Google Bard posted:

No, crab trees do not exist. Crabs are a type of marine animal that live in the ocean, while trees are a type of plant that grow on land. Crab trees are a fictional creature that has been popularized by video games and movies.

BRB, reworking my movie script/video game to include crab trees for the fans.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Lol we can't even agree on basic human rights or that the ocean shouldn't rise up and kill everyone because of coal mining job but sure, I bet everyone will work together to stop the evil computer ghost that lives in this dipshits head

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Lol we can't even agree on basic human rights or that the ocean shouldn't rise up and kill everyone because of coal mining job but sure, I bet everyone will work together to stop the evil computer ghost that lives in this dipshits head

I've posted it before, but it's wild how they are clamoring for an apocalypse, when we are living in a literal apocalypse right now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
nerds worrying about skynet when they should be worrying about what they're gonna eat when industrial agriculture collapses.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

nerds worrying about skynet when they should be worrying about what they're gonna eat when industrial agriculture collapses.

just move to the metaverse

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

uber_stoat posted:

I eat disruption and poo poo shareholder value

(that's code for bugs, and all of my innards respectively i will die of dysentery)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I saw this today wtf lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

google dataminr

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I use Feedly and they have sketchy-rear end popups all the time that make me realize that I am not their target user. Nothing that awful before, though.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

feedly was good 12 years ago but like everything else on the internet it turned to garbage when VCs got their hands on it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gently caress google for killing reader. assholes.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

also this

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah point me to a good Feedly alternative and I'll happily jump ship.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Liquid trees thing came in on my feed this morning, and from poking around the idea isn't "Well, these are going to replace actual trees", it's more "We need clear, quick air filtration NOW and not after several years of tree growing and after uprooting a good chunk of our streets to put those, including the necessary land for the roots to take ahold on and actual decent air quality for the trees to actually BEING ABLE TO GROW on a heavily polluted Belgrade.."

It's also from late 2021. Why in the heck did it pop in Spring 2023 again?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

feedmyleg posted:

I used Inoreader for a bit, seemed ok

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

feedmyleg posted:

im still using Feedly but "the old reader" was the other alternative when google reader shut down and it's still around afaict

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

stop burning coal

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

stop burning coal

my god... a coal-burning tree, how has no one thought of this yet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Every tree can and indeed shall grow up to burn and turn to coal

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It popped up again because "yup that's real" (or whatever the website is called) is cranking out a bunch of AI-written articles about whatever garbage they can find

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

ymgve posted:

I guess they could be useful on space stations or the moon or mars, but lol at trying to put them in earth cities

nah, because in space you want something that works and isn't some dumbshit vc project

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Colonel Cancer posted:

Every tree can and indeed shall grow up to burn and turn to coal

loving trees rolling coal on us. assholes

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/Owen_Roe/status/1641672130759897088/photo/1

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wasn't sure if this was for some fictional war in an anime or something, but no apparently these Roe person just really drunk the AI cool aid.

Also lol at setting this, what ever it is, less than 30 years in the future. This chat AI stuff has gotten a lot of nerds thinking that the worlds going to be all Ghost in the Shell'esq cyberpunk by next Thursday or something.

Also under result, "GPU shortage". lol.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

this actually maximizes utility

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

dr_rat posted:

Wasn't sure if this was for some fictional war in an anime or something, but no apparently these Roe person just really drunk the AI cool aid.

Also lol at setting this, what ever it is, less than 30 years in the future. This chat AI stuff has gotten a lot of nerds thinking that the worlds going to be all Ghost in the Shell'esq cyberpunk by next Thursday or something.

Also under result, "GPU shortage". lol.

remember how NFTs gonna change everything

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I use feedly because I seem to have free unlimited feeds and never have to go near the website. I just want rss, drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I use feedly because I seem to have free unlimited feeds and never have to go near the website. I just want rss, drat it.

same but it is funny how every few weeks they insert their own ads for THREAT INTELLIGENCE and other creepy poo poo :nsa: