Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maybe make knives a little easier to land, a larger hitbox or faster travel time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I still think the windup time on the axe is a little ridiculous

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

JQ just doesn't really fit any good archetype I never feel the need to play her. I have always felt that she could be adapted to be a sort of leech tank, maybe even have something like if you stick your knife to someone you get the healing/buffs like nano they get for a short time.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
increase JQ's healing on bleed and make her move/shoot/recharge faster for each bleed she gets

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

increase JQ's healing on bleed and make her move/shoot/recharge faster for each bleed she gets

And faster axe wind up and cool down. I like it. Berserker archetype.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

commanding shout should be reworked to not force blizz to balance her around both literal professional deathball coordination and rando ladder players picking their nose

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

headcase posted:

And faster axe wind up and cool down. I like it. Berserker archetype.

yeah like if I can't protect the team reliably I wanna get stuck in and gently caress poo poo up and be enough of a problem that they gotta devote a shitload of resources to taking me down. make her a D&D barbarian or something. maybe even give her damage reduction on bleed if they don't want to overwhelm with healing

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
JQ feels too safe in her design right now, and she's just not good enough to be a solo tank. She could be a really unique rushdown tank with just a couple changes and easily carve out a unique niche in the roster instead of being "Roadhog's kit, but worse"

She should be closer to a berserker who gets more threatening the longer she's in melee range

Move Axe to primary weapon, Shotgun to secondary. Remove cooldown on axe swing, increase movement speed by 5% for x seconds for every bleed applied, up to some hard cap.

Shotgun is fine? Maybe a small damage adjustment to make it more effective at midrange and reduce it's 1 shot potential at close range to encourage more axe use in melee.

Knife needs a little larger hitbox and the pull needs more consistent positioning. Add a second stack of bleed to someone who's been yanked, maybe? Knife feels unrewarding and difficult to use for something that's supposed to be a character defining move.

Shout should be in a good place since JQ's self sustain will be off the charts (compared to current) so it can be used as an engagement tool or defensive.

Ult needs some help. It's already one of the weakest tank ults in the game, and that's before Kiriko drops a Suzu on the whole thing. Mechanically it's hard to aim with the long windup, and the exit animation leaves you facing away from your targets, potentially far away. Proposed redesign: Windup time reduced, now deals half it's damage up front. When the mortal strike effect is applied to any player, JQ receives full capped benefit of the bleeding regeneration and speed boost for y seconds.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pattonesque posted:

Reset shout on final blow.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

junker queen's ult is one of the strongest offensive ults in the game and what keeps her viable on ladder. which is why kiriko makes her life really difficult

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Yeah her ult is insane and the fact that it causes you to 180 split a team's focus while anti'd is nuts. It's definitely map and comp dependant, though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

comedyblissoption posted:

junker queen's ult is one of the strongest offensive ults in the game and what keeps her viable on ladder. which is why kiriko makes her life really difficult

it feels like less than nothing in comparison to Ram's

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if ram swapped his ult for junker queen's he would be far stronger

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think her ult is fine, maybe the duration could be just a tiny bit longer. But that said, she does put herself in a bad position. I think it would be fair if she shouted on ult just like Orisa fortifies and Ram transforms. An extra shout.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

junker queen's ult after landing it on 3 or more can put her in a great position if it doesn't get cleansed. she has huge healing per second, she's put the enemy team into a crossfire, and she's right next to anti-'d squishies where she just needs to do ~100 damage to confirm kills.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
Is anti nade just way too strong? I heard dafran complaining about it and it really does feel overtuned in an unsustainable way.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there's a lot of ways to deal w/ ana grenade and it's a pretty slow projectile on a long cooldown. landing it should feel really strong

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ana nade is strong but every support should have something equally as strong to compensate for support being the shittiest role to play in OW2.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
iknow brig isnt too bad right now but tbh i think she deserves her stun back just because most other supports apart from moira have busted rear end abilities that feel super good to nail and i miss countering ults. i do like that it still counters a lot of other cc abilities though

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

iknow brig isnt too bad right now but tbh i think she deserves her stun back just because most other supports apart from moira have busted rear end abilities that feel super good to nail and i miss countering ults. i do like that it still counters a lot of other cc abilities though

Agreed Brig without stun is just not nearly as fun.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

socialsecurity posted:

Agreed Brig without stun is just not nearly as fun.

I completely agree, but I would take cowboy stun over brig stun if we had to choose one. He is just less fun for everyone with his current load out. His stun was iconic from day 1. A few tuns and interrupts are good fun IMO. It is the wrecking ball and orisa style getting thrown around that I dislike.

headcase fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 30, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm surprised they never experimented with making Cassidy's grenade a blind rather than a stun. Or maybe they did internally but found that it wasn't that fun, idk.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm surprised they never experimented with making Cassidy's grenade a blind rather than a stun. Or maybe they did internally but found that it wasn't that fun, idk.

I mean we don't even need to test that, that just sounds unfun. Overwatch is disorienting enough a game as it is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We already have a flashbang in OW2. It's Ram's ult.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Pvt. Parts posted:

I mean we don't even need to test that, that just sounds unfun. Overwatch is disorienting enough a game as it is.

Yeah but at least with a blind you could still use abilities or spin around madly to dodge.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ram's ult isn't that bright but I do get mad when I can't see through Hanzo's dragons

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Ram's ult isn't that bright but I do get mad when I can't see through Hanzo's dragons

I actually love that. Even if hanzo's ult doesn't kill anyone, the whole team can move through a choke like a smoke screen. Very cool mechanic.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i'm still of the opinion they they completely hosed themselves by doubling down on the 5v5 and the reworking out all the stuns at the same time.

Big change sure, but i don't think anyone really likes it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Imo ults should feel powerful and hard to counter. Abilities that can easily negate them are a feel-bad mechanic.

Yes I do rage when DVA or Orisa's massive hitboxes eat my mei ults, why do you ask?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

players really disliked playing around the ubiquitous stuns so i doubt it's coming back in

the only remaining non-ult non-tank stun in the game is ana's sleep dart

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

headcase posted:

I actually love that. Even if hanzo's ult doesn't kill anyone, the whole team can move through a choke like a smoke screen. Very cool mechanic.

I would like there to be more transparency on your own Hanzo's dragons, though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Creating two completely different kinds of tanks and then putting them both into the same role was already a questionable decision but at least you could have one of each, to solve the problems that those two groups were good at solving.
Restricting it to either or, without doing any appropriate adjustments to the rest of the cast, hosed the whole thing up.

I love playing as Tank and being put in a position where it's up to me to decide if I want my backline to die to the enemies flanker, or if I want them to die to the enemy sniper.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

comedyblissoption posted:

players really disliked playing around the ubiquitous stuns so i doubt it's coming back in

the only remaining non-ult non-tank stun in the game is ana's sleep dart

I think really think the answer was "take them away from every character and only let the tank have fun" though.

Stuns were pretty healthy for the game. You'd expect that if it was so bad overwatch removing them might actually make people enjoy it more but I don't think I ever see people posting positively about the game. It's just the 2/3 top end streamers going "THIS PATCH IS GONNA BE SO GOOD" to try and maintain their failing viewership and then 2 weeks later going "oh its still bad" like loving clockwork.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

dogstile posted:

I think really think the answer was "take them away from every character and only let the tank have fun" though.

Stuns were pretty healthy for the game. You'd expect that if it was so bad overwatch removing them might actually make people enjoy it more but I don't think I ever see people posting positively about the game. It's just the 2/3 top end streamers going "THIS PATCH IS GONNA BE SO GOOD" to try and maintain their failing viewership and then 2 weeks later going "oh its still bad" like loving clockwork.

Ok well I'm at least one person saying ow2 is 1000% better than late- stage Overwatch 1 and it's largely because of removing barriers and stuns.

Ideal gameplay mechanics are fun for one player while not being frustrating for the other player (inherently frustrating, not like "I died" frustrating).

Being stunned is an extremely unpleasant feeling, you just have to sit there and wait for it to end. Being chain-stunned is an absolutely miserable feeling. If you find it fun hopefully they can replace it with another fun mechanic that isn't awful for the other player.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 30, 2023

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I like it better too. Blizzard still makes some real pants-on-head decisions but the general gameplay is a lot more enjoyable to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PantsBandit posted:

Ok well I'm at least one person saying ow2 is 1000% better than late- stage Overwatch 1 and it's largely because of removing barriers and stuns.

I think you’re one of the only ones, really. Seems everybody else rightfully sees this game as an unequivocal step down from OW1. The same miserable experience with less tools for everyone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think OW2 is way better

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm neutral about stuns but not having Double Barrier makes OW2 so much better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The smurfing is starting to be really annoying in this game.

EDIT: Also I like how smurfing is not a reportable offense anymore.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it could just be the blizz matchmaker just putting someone in your game with a much higher rating. gms can get regularly matched with diamonds now for example [it was plat until they updated it mid-season].

even if someone's ranking profile is public, they could have an artificially decayed rank from where it should be.

also it could just be someone queuing with a friend of really disparate ratings.

blizz has made it really hard to tell if someone is smurfing now!