Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Dr Christmas posted:

I’m trying to make money by cooking to get all the armor sets. My impression is that every ingredient sells for a certain amount raw, a greater amount cooked, and that the final price is the sum of all the cooked ingredients is. It also takes into account whether the food is edible. Therefore, I just want to cook big stacks of the same ingredient and sell them, right?

Five gourmet meats cooked sells for 490 rupees. Run around the Tabantha Snowfield hunting wildlife a couple of times, and you'll be rich. Cooking five prime meats gives you a decent stack too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Khanstant posted:

When they reused the graphics of OoT for Wind waker

:thunk:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Forget it, he's rolling.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm going to use this thread for tips and tricks in a couple months. I'm gonna ask some questions about the best pizza recipes.

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017
Part of the greatness of Majora's Mask comes from all the NPCs being eerie depressing versions of their OoT originals

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm going to use this thread for tips and tricks in a couple months. I'm gonna ask some questions about the best pizza recipes.
If you can cook pizzas it's goty

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
If there is a meat arrow, there is a pizza. :allears:

The question will be if there's a reason to cook a pizza. I mean, Hearty anything made cooking obsolete for health so that's one thing I hope doesn't make a return. Oh god, there will be a cooking minigame or quest I bet.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
that one awful cook near a shrine in Gerudo has used the timeskip to emerge as a brilliant chef and she now teaches her craft

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve been playing Minish Cap on the GBA app on my Switch. Zelda is good, y’all.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

MokBa posted:

okay khanstant after this post I'm now in your corner

We're all expecting caves so that's the one thing where I really hope we haven't all built a collective fantasy over

I mean the trailer earlier this year showed a massive underground cave with stalactites on the ceiling and enemies mining and stuff

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

WarpDogs posted:

this bothered me even when I was a kid

I think it's the coolest thing to revisit an area of a previous game in a new one, but it almost never happens. The rare times it does, the new area often looks nothing like the previous one, likely due to the problem of there being new engine or artists or designers or programmers

so in a lot of ways Tears of the Kingdom is already the coolest video game ever made

Let me tell you about a little game series called Yakuza/Like A Dragon and how there's a whole thread in these very subforums that know their way through Kabukicho in Japan IRL.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

So have I actually. I actually bought the GBA version several years ago to play on the DS I bought for Phantom Hourgrlass, but never managed to make it to the second dungeon, and stopped playing. Got the Switch version, started playing two weeks ago at a car repair appointment, and it's been a blast so far.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hedrigall posted:

I mean the trailer earlier this year showed a massive underground cave with stalactites on the ceiling and enemies mining and stuff

Yeah but what if it’s just like, one cave. Personally I want to discover a completely new layer of exploration right under Hyrule. Or at least I’m hoping some of the dungeons are a throwback to the original game and are underground.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

MorningMoon posted:

Let me tell you about a little game series called Yakuza/Like A Dragon and how there's a whole thread in these very subforums that know their way through Kabukicho in Japan IRL.

Walking through Kamerocho in each new entry and seeing what's changed, which businesses opened or closed, which streets are prosperous, which side story characters I remember and how they've changed, is a simple joy. It's like going back to your hometown after being away

The Trails series is also really good at this

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

MokBa posted:

Yeah but what if it’s just like, one cave. Personally I want to discover a completely new layer of exploration right under Hyrule. Or at least I’m hoping some of the dungeons are a throwback to the original game and are underground.

I'm hoping it goes down as deep as the sky islands go up

I'm talking about a Hallownest amount of caverns below hyrule 🤤

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

MokBa posted:

the fact they check off caves on your map implies that cave exploration factors heavily in the game

imo the checkmark doesn't mean "you've done what you have to do here" but rather "you've discovered this entrance AND you've been in / out of it", because some of the cave icons are *really* close together and are surely multiple mouths of the same system. It could be that the part of the underground feature is sussing out how it all connects, which would make it very distinct from how the overworld works

I am choosing to believe, anyway

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I’m just on this cave thing because my number one complaint about BotW was the lack of caves. Any time I came across a cave in that game, I got so excited. But they were usually just like one little room with a shrine in it. I want to have to get out a torch and really go spelunking, ya know? My favorite bits of Twilight Princess were those random couple caves in Hyrule because it showed the promise of something interesting and surprising.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Minish Cap had better music than it had any right to

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love to blow up rock or roll into patch of grass and fall into hole with some cool grotto underneath. Love a grotto.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Will Link have to detonate a nuke in the underground cave system to stop the monsters from coming out?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Shiroc posted:

Will Link have to detonate a nuke in the underground cave system to stop the monsters from coming out?

Link will have to seduce Gannondorf. Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Same. I'd never played it before, so I never realized how many fantastic tunes in my YouTube VG Music circulation came from it. It's really good, they took the feeling of blowing up a secret wall in a dungeon and basically made that the whole game, but making it easier to see where you should be paying attention.

On the other hand, I don't know if I got stupider or if Minish Cap is just especially bad about this, but there were definitely a couple of spots where I got stuck on how to progress because there was some arcane item interaction that was necessary to move on, but which was not hinted anywhere in the game. Not signs, not npcs, and certainly there was no such thing as a help screen. Several cases, too, where I could see which items needed to be involved but struggled to find the exact button-push means of performing the task.

Anyway, give me the loving tears already, I forgot until two days ago how close this thinv was and now I can barely think about anything else.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just found out in BotW that just equipping a fire sword would warm you, because of course it would

The systems on this game are on point.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is the special edition of the game with the book and everything sold out forever or something likely to restock?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Inzombiac posted:

In the demo when he goes back to the surface, you can see a giant floating cube. I hope that's a mega labyrinth. Those were neat.

Also, give Link a triple jump!

You see them in earlier trailers and people have pinpointed the locations and it seems like, at least one of them is one of the labyrinths from botw, like the same one lifted up in the sky, might be able to explore more of it now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Manoueverable posted:

The two labyrinths were some of the weirdest but coolest things to stumble across in BotW, so I'll be very interested to see if or how those have changed in Tears based on the background info we have.

You mean three right. Load that save back up!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

:hmmyes: i close my eyes and see those towns...

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
The cave system is an ancient Zonai subway system and its the new fast travel mechanic.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MokBa posted:

There's absolutely going to be a big reveal like this. Personally I'm hoping for a new great sea to explore but an underground area that spans the entire overworld map is more likely.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Is the special edition of the game with the book and everything sold out forever or something likely to restock?

I imagine you’d be able to find one on launch day if you head to your local Target/Best Buy/Walmart. I remember when BOTW came out and I wasn’t able to preorder the special edition with the case and stuff but I sent my wife to Target on launch day and they had a few.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Unlucky7 posted:

I just found out in BotW that just equipping a fire sword would warm you, because of course it would

The systems on this game are on point.

I only just noticed that when you register a horse the stable shoe it as well as put a saddle on. Because of course they do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let me stable a bear or the skeleton horse, game.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let me stable a bear or the skeleton horse, game.

After all the effort I went to to ride Satori, and the stablemaster has the cheek to tell me to gently caress off!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CK07 posted:

Same. I'd never played it before, so I never realized how many fantastic tunes in my YouTube VG Music circulation came from it. It's really good, they took the feeling of blowing up a secret wall in a dungeon and basically made that the whole game, but making it easier to see where you should be paying attention.

On the other hand, I don't know if I got stupider or if Minish Cap is just especially bad about this, but there were definitely a couple of spots where I got stuck on how to progress because there was some arcane item interaction that was necessary to move on, but which was not hinted anywhere in the game. Not signs, not npcs, and certainly there was no such thing as a help screen. Several cases, too, where I could see which items needed to be involved but struggled to find the exact button-push means of performing the task.

Anyway, give me the loving tears already, I forgot until two days ago how close this thinv was and now I can barely think about anything else.

Ezlo gives you hints if you hit L.

It’s a pretty straightforward game, I recall. It’s usually pretty good about telling you what to do.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Khanstant posted:

I think you'll be OK on launch day. A lot of the initial preorders (as with all limited edition stuff) get scooped up by speculative resellers. There appears to be a ton of listings on ebay, which is gonna drive profitability down. I would imagine a ton of people will cancel preorders last minute.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

Gears of the Kingdom :discourse:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Barbarian armor is the only thing we have that tells us what the Zonai might have looked like.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bold choice to have paint on links tum that creates the impression that somebody tried to give him Pinkbelly and then slowly dragged their hand down to his dick.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Bold choice to have paint on links tum that creates the impression that somebody tried to give him Pinkbelly and then slowly dragged their hand down to his dick.

I mean, it's not surprising. Everyone in the game wants to gently caress Link and it's not subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bolson Construction has a strict no horny policy towards Link.