Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mcmagic posted:

Whod you rather play, the Rangers or the Icelanders? lol I think it's the Rangers.

Islanders I think. In terms of scary goalies, Sorokin and Shesterkin is basically a wash (maybe a slight edge to Sorokin), and then the rest of the Rangers roster is better than the Islanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

gently caress you Teemu Selanne

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Hitting the post does not constitute beating the goalie, it is in fact an unsuccessful shot, not improbably owing at least in part to good positioning by the goalie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Drunk Canuck posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Islanders I think. In terms of scary goalies, Sorokin and Shesterkin is basically a wash (maybe a slight edge to Sorokin), and then the rest of the Rangers roster is better than the Islanders.

Maybe in a vacuum but I think the Islanders might match up better vs the devils.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Finnish Fash

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

The Finnish Fash

Lmao

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hell yeah VGK back in the playoffs. Glad Eichel didn't end up being a curse :unsmith:

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1641640245266378752

Wow

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Drunk Canuck posted:

:hmmyes:
Dude is MAGA trash too, iirc.
:fuckoff:

Cocaine Bear posted:

The Finnish Fash
:lol:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Selanne has been a right winger (the ideology, not the position...but also the position I guess) for a long time iirc. I didn't know he was quite this bad but yeah that's unfortunate.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I shouldn't be disappointed anymore, but that one is disappointing. All hockey players are bastards.

Cocaine Bear posted:

The Finnish Fash

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/giana_jade/status/1641563849827467267?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Legit what the gently caress is going on in Philly lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Devon Levi is making his first start tonight against the Rangers. Should make it an interesting game! Not sure if that’s good or bad yet.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

The Finnish Fash strikes again !

It sucks that a likeable hockey legend has horrible opinions

Edit: lol I need to check the next page because I wasn’t even close to posting this first.

A lot of dogshit garbage is going on.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 31, 2023

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"I need a better vantage point to decide who is getting thrown in the trash"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Let Gritty coach the Flyers.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/7mammachych_98/status/1641778201927069698?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Where is the naboo starfighter

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Throw this whole league in the trash.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone told Torts about video?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yeah, and when he found out about it he got super mad and banned iPads from the bench.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao I forgot about that.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Conspiracy theory: Torts was the first coach to be healthy scratched

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

When we say "get there" what do we mean? He was projected as a superstar for a while before he played on the Rangers and it's hard to think of anyone who turned their career around to that degree. I don't think people are doubting that he could turn in to a productive player but meeting his potential seems off the table. They're not going to give up on him in the sense of waiving him or trading him for a 5th rounder but when's the next time they give him an extended shot on the first powerplay?

Lafreniere : Rangers :: Josh Bailey : Islanders

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Btw, Flames win tonight coupled with Jets loss puts them tied. And the Oilers are steaming towards a conference title.

Oilers/Flames is gonna happen, baby.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Dirty Burger posted:

Conspiracy theory: Torts was the first coach to be healthy scratched

ThinkTank or one of the other Vancouver peeps said Torts did this previously. Or maybe it was with the Rangers. Either way not the first time Torts has done this. I can only imagine Danny sighing over and over 'Yes John I know...yes I played hockey too remember?'

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Sharks put up four goals, win in OT, Karlsson gets no points. This is not the way.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Didn't realize Teemu thought that way. I guess shooting the glove wasn't just for show.

fartknocker posted:

Let Gritty coach the Flyers.

He could summon the Great Old Ones as his coaching staff. He has their contacts due to being a employee of Comcast.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol Torts

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Btw, Flames win tonight coupled with Jets loss puts them tied. And the Oilers are steaming towards a conference title.

Oilers/Flames is gonna happen, baby.

Calgary must win and Vancouver should be losing out the season so I think we all know what's going to happen tonight.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

Calgary must win and Vancouver should be losing out the season so I think we all know what's going to happen tonight.

You are vastly underestimating the Canucks' desire to make sure they have no shot at a hometown generational talent who happens to be a diehard fan of theirs. No way the fans could be allowed anything even 1% as fun.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1641822756793614337?s=20

Dubas and Keefe will never learn, never improve, and never stop inserting random big guys into the roster late in the season to add “toughness” in the playoffs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Goddamn, it's a Zohorna-level emergency. We haven't had one of those since the Zarley Zalapski days.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also if it’s an emergency recall someone’s gotta be hurt but Acciari is back and ROR is practicing so a Mystery Leaf is sitting out

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If it makes you feel better, Nick Robertson is skating again, just in time to potentially be a playoff hero.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Also if it’s an emergency recall someone’s gotta be hurt but Acciari is back and ROR is practicing so a Mystery Leaf is sitting out

Maybe they're gonna let Matthews wrist heal now that they're guaranteed a playoff spot.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

If it makes you feel better, Nick Robertson is skating again, just in time to potentially be a playoff hero.

Joining the list of Leafs playoff heroes of the 21st century including:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the Habs can’t pick first overall, right? They changed the rules so that a team can only pick first every x years starting in 2022? And they picked first overall this last draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

Joining the list of Leafs playoff heroes of the 21st century including:

Game 7 game winning goal haver Travis Green