Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Port Pikmin 1 and 2 to the Switch before doing anything weird like remaking Zelda 2. Those games are stuck on dead consoles and they deserve better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They finally made a new one
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/zombie-garden-vs-plants-defence-battle-craft-and-survival-simulator-game-switch/

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mega64 posted:

They already remade Zelda 2, it's called Phoenotopia: Awakening.

I am instantly aggressively interested in this game. Zelda 2 was janky but incredibly ahead of its time

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

As long as they never bring back Spirit Tracks

I'm pretty sure Spirit Tracks is the only Zelda game I consciously decided I didn't want to play anymore

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

chaleski posted:

I'm pretty sure Spirit Tracks is the only Zelda game I consciously decided I didn't want to play anymore

"Hey, you know all the fun you have exploring the overworld in a Zelda game? Well, what if we just removed that and made everything literally on rails instead?!"

:blastu:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Don't forget the enemies that instantly kill you if you run into them, and also there's no way to turn around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

I am instantly aggressively interested in this game. Zelda 2 was janky but incredibly ahead of its time

It's a genuinely delightful game. There's a ton of stuff to do in it too. I think I finished at 70+% and was more than satisfied with the purchase. Best thing? It's just genuinely super charming.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got to the final boss in Spirit Tracks, died, and considered it beaten.

Did that with Skyward Sword too...

Zelda 2 is one of my favorites but I'm OK with it just being with the online stuff

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-has-been-canceled

E3 cancelled because TotK will be out already.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

glassyalabolas posted:

I think they were just paying tribute to Silksong.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If I start now do you think I can one hundred botw before totk

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

probably
unless you try to get all the korok seeds like a psycho

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glassyalabolas posted:

Why bother paying a premium on a covid infested conference hall with press lined up for hours when you can rent a nearby hotel room, bring in press a few at a time, and stream everything to the Internet for cheap.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Mister Facetious posted:

Why bother paying a premium on a covid infested conference hall with press lined up for hours when you can rent a nearby hotel room, bring in press a few at a time, and stream everything to the Internet for cheap.

Hey, I've seen those hotel videos before.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

spirit tracks was pretty good besides some of the mic sections

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
watching the live performance of bayo 3's credits song and man, just imagine how hard this would have hit if it the ending hadn't sucked

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
During the Bayonetta 3 release kefuffle I read a wiki summary of the plot and from that admittedly contextless view I'm not sure which part is the controversial part.

1) Bayonetta is straight and has a child
Seems bad at first but they go out of their way to say it's another universe's Bayonetta so "our" Bayonetta technically isn't locked into any relationship
2) Jeanne dies
Jeanne dies all the time
3) Bayonetta dies
I think she can come back? Maybe?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's just really incoherent even by bayonetta standards, it feels like they skipped like 5 chapters or something because a ton of plot elements just drop in unannounced and aren't explained

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

mycot posted:

During the Bayonetta 3 release kefuffle I read a wiki summary of the plot and from that admittedly contextless view I'm not sure which part is the controversial part.

1) Bayonetta is straight and has a child
Seems bad at first but they go out of their way to say it's another universe's Bayonetta so "our" Bayonetta technically isn't locked into any relationship

Could she not be bisexual?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Read After Burning posted:

Could she not be bisexual?

she is and always was lol
like she spent two whole games shamelessly flirting with guys and girls in equal measure and people somehow drew the conclusion that she only swings one way

Augus fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 31, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she was clearly into luka from the very first game, the larger problem is that bayo 3 is basically an ersatz take on dmc5 where the established main character is preparing to make way for a younger successor. except in bayo 3 the successor is a fumbling klutz who does nothing but get her rear end kicked and feels much less fun to play, and the game pushes her front and center by making bayonetta constantly get her rear end kicked as well, right up until the point where she's sent to hell forever no take-backsies while viola still fails to accomplish anything by herself. the final boss is a toothpaste robot who has the charisma of a turnip and takes a geologic age to fight. bayo's relationship with luka goes from "doofy wannabe casanova whom bayonetta loves to bully" to an all-consuming cosmic force. characters who can juggle buildings and blow up armies with a wink repeatedly get killed by being stabbed in the back, and only stabbed in the back

it tried to fit an entire trilogy's worth of character and story arcs into a single game that was overall way less charming and way more unfocused than the last two

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Does the eShop notify you of price drops if you add it to your wish-list? I could swear I’ve seen this before, but I honestly can’t remember…

Or just stick with DekuDeals or whatever.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

eightysixed posted:

Does the eShop notify you of price drops if you add it to your wish-list? I could swear I’ve seen this before, but I honestly can’t remember…

Or just stick with DekuDeals or whatever.

It does email you a sales digest

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But it goes into your promotions folder on Gmail so you might ignore it

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

VideoGames posted:

I have played (in this order) Ocarina of Time, then Majora's Mask, then Windwaker and most recently Link to the Past.

Twilight Princess HD, then Breath of the Wild. These are trusted goons guiding me on which ones to play. (Also currently watching me flail around in Okami which is basically a wonderful Zelda game too!)

Okami is in my personal all time top ten. Not for being a particularly impressive game from a technical standpoint (because it really isn’t IMO), but for how it made me feel the whole time I was playing it. Something about returning color and flowers and life to a devastated world hit me just right.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Picked up Metroid prime remastered with a gift card, game looks good but scanning stuff is a chore and the controls feel old. I'll power thru to the good stuff but the intro sequence did not wow me. Having to switch to scan mode is super lame, there should just be a scan button

Then again my last Metroid game was dread, which is probably the tightest most responsive Metroid game yet.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Every single player fps should have a lock on button, and allow me to shoot with the A button

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Nah it feels dated for someone who actually enjoys aiming w dual sticks, I'm probably being a little bit of unfair though considering it's a twenty year old game. Most of my favorite fps games that I think feel good came from the decade after that or so

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Haven't played the remaster yet but wasn't the option to play with modern controls one of the more talked about features of the game??

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yep happy to report that I tweaked the settings, made turning much snappier, enabled gyro, and it feels nice and slick. I don't think the game is going to really require this level of control based on how combat and puzzles flow but it feels much nicer to roam and take in the beautiful environments.

Out of the box though it's modern relative to the original release, a little clunky and stiff relative to modern shooters from one or two generations later

E: for context I basically made it feel as responsive as neon white, gyro and all. So the options to tweak are pretty generous

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 31, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Nah it feels dated for someone who actually enjoys aiming w dual sticks

no it doesnt

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
The gyro + dual stick mode controls great but the problem is it's a little obtuse to turn it on or realize that the option there at all. I wouldn't have known it was there

Speaking of awkward controls stuff, on the N64 app is there any way to turn off having the C buttons be mapped to the right analog stick? Link keeps randomly throwing bombs and such because I accidentally bump my thumb on the right stick sometimes when using the A/B buttons in combat.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Item Getter posted:

The gyro + dual stick mode controls great but the problem is it's a little obtuse to turn it on or realize that the option there at all. I wouldn't have known it was there

Speaking of awkward controls stuff, on the N64 app is there any way to turn off having the C buttons be mapped to the right analog stick? Link keeps randomly throwing bombs and such because I accidentally bump my thumb on the right stick sometimes when using the A/B buttons in combat.

There is currently only one way, and it's called 'Buying an N64 controller', either the official one or a Tribute64 third party pad.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I don't have the expansion pack so I can't try N64 specifically, but I'm assuming the system level remapping in the Switch settings doesn't let you remap the right analog directions and/or doesn't have a setting for the N64 app with N64 controller mappings?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think in the remapping you can just turn one of the sticks off maybe

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

Nah it feels dated for someone who actually enjoys aiming w dual sticks, I'm probably being a little bit of unfair though considering it's a twenty year old game. Most of my favorite fps games that I think feel good came from the decade after that or so

Metroid prime isn’t trying to be that kind of fps

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's a first person adventure!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s a Search Action

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It's a first person stealth game, everyone has just been playing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't think a game has ever made me feel as stupid as Tunic has. I don't know what qualifies as tough puzzler type games, but like Obra Dinn was an exciting thrill, here I just feel dumb as rocks and every reveal just makes that clearer.

I think I'm at end game. I'm pretty sure I could try to beat the final boss, but I'm missing my Strength and Potion upgrades, that I'd like to get via the Hero's Graves and try the Golden path, but I've no idea how to access them at this point (I suspect one is in the Monastery in the Quarry and the other is in the East Woods). I also keep getting pages that seem to offer more indecipherable hints (thank goodness I figured out the windmill, but I got something I have no idea what it does, and now I'm just staring at a violet flower certain I need to do something but I'm not sure what).

Anyway it's good at what it does, but I don't like feeling dumb and I'll be happy to be done with it, assuming I can figure it out on my own, which I intend to.