Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

yeah. I cry as a glaive user though.

Why? Glaives don't get lunge distance bonuses because they already have an increased lunge range.

heated game moment posted:

It's a big nerf bc the lunge is hugely OP in PVP. The rest is just 'guns feel better' which is still good just minus the teleporting slaps

Fair, but I was mostly laughing because Warlocks have so many ranged melee abilities and because the handling/reload buffs are stuff super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I will never take my ophidians off, and I have a proportionally high amount of melee kills in crucible. Still amazing for the other 99% of the time I'm playing destiny two

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
do ignites caused by firebolt grenades count as grenade kills for ashes to assets? because at least half the reason starfire is so ridiculous of a build is because you can have almost all of your well of radiance back by the time it expires in dense zones

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Kith posted:

Warlocks have so many ranged melee abilities

As a Voidwalker, I deride the description of "stupid little ball that does no damage and knocks people away randomly" as a melee ability. It's really more of a handicap than anything

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

Hunter feels like the only class I frequently run into "I just cant make this jump" problems with jumping puzzles that I need to whip out stompees for. I think there's just something about making long distance jumps that is Hunter is particularly bad with / hard with.

Hunter can have some issues on downward-sloping surfaces or because you can't see where your feet are, and what should be the start of your first jump ends up being the start of your second jump instead because your feet weren't on the ground, with the little 'whoosh' of your jump ability meaning that you done messed up.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Starfire Protocol is only good for Boss DPS. This season, you are doing yourself a disservice if you run anything other than Dawn Chorus & Firebolts for general content/master raids/etc

What about Verity's Brow? I ask because both of my Dawn Choruses have crap stats

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cheap Trick posted:

What about Verity's Brow? I ask because both of my Dawn Choruses have crap stats

Verity's is awesome too, it's just that Firebolts lean in to the Scorch & Ignition side of things more than the 'Grenade Damage' side of things.

Plus it means you can run Dawnblade Super and do some respectable damage, woo!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Cheap Trick posted:

What about Verity's Brow?

Looks bad, unwearable

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

Hunter can have some issues on downward-sloping surfaces or because you can't see where your feet are, and what should be the start of your first jump ends up being the start of your second jump instead because your feet weren't on the ground, with the little 'whoosh' of your jump ability meaning that you done messed up.

This is hardly a hunter specific problem, hunters actually have the easiest recovery from a missed jump of any class in the game if you're using triple jump. Warlocks just get to slowly float to their deaths regardless of what jump they're using

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Reiterpallasch posted:

do ignites caused by firebolt grenades count as grenade kills for ashes to assets? because at least half the reason starfire is so ridiculous of a build is because you can have almost all of your well of radiance back by the time it expires in dense zones

Google leads to Reddit page which says "if the initial source of scorch that led to that ignition was a grenade then yes."

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that's alarming but also intriguing, maybe i will try firebolts then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
GGGC, which fragments do you do for this Dawn Chorus build, there's like a billion that I wanna run and I have no idea how to narrow it down to four.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kith posted:

i have, in fact, played other classes. hunter in particular felt like i was on speed because their jump has much better twitch movement, something i happened to hate which is why i stuck with my slow and ponderous titan. my husband mains hunter and detests stompees because they gently caress with his movement instincts and he frequently outmaneuvers me anyways.

I was totally in agreement until the end suggestion that you're more maneuverable without Stompees.

They might as well write on Hunter 'You get to live the be more maneuverable than everyone else, but you pay the tax of no armour exotic.'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
See, I solve this by just never using Stompees except when a jumping puzzle is getting on my nerves. Can't get addicted if you never form the muscle memory!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I only use stompees if I'm grabbing the free last wish chest, or during most of spire

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

I was totally in agreement until the end suggestion that you're more maneuverable without Stompees.

They might as well write on Hunter 'You get to live the be more maneuverable than everyone else, but you pay the tax of no armour exotic.'

To clarify, I meant that it messes with how high he expects his jumps to go, so it can/does screw up his maneuvering. If he's grabbing stompees to do platforming or crucible, he has to do mental calculus to account for his jumps being different.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

that's alarming but also intriguing, maybe i will try firebolts then

It's definitely mandatory to run the two Artifact Mods,

Flare Up - Firebolt Grenades apply more scorch, and spawn a Fire Sprite, and Ignite enemies if you direct-impact them
Rain of Firebolts - Two firebolt grenades

And it's sort of a Warlock-Only party, because Touch of Flame makes the Firebolt radius go from 8m to 12m and hit 5x targets instead of 4x!

MJeff posted:

GGGC, which fragments do you do for this Dawn Chorus build, there's like a billion that I wanna run and I have no idea how to narrow it down to four.

Hellll yeah. Like you said, there are so many that work, so this is definitely not a 'The One True Way', but the way I picked 'em was to really lean in to the Scorch & Ignition mechanic.

Ashes - MUST-have. You apply 50% more scorch
Char - Ignitions apply 60 scorch to any enemy damaged by the ignition. Chain ignites babyyy
Eruption - Bigger Ignition radius

For the 4th one, there are a few good options, to me. In order of how much I like them, but it might vary based on what activity you're doing.

Torches - radiant from melee hits is always good, plus it's free anti-barrier. You're handing out lots of Roy Mustang Snaps with this build so you may as well get radiant from it!

Wonder - Ignition multi-kills make an Orb, and you get +10 resilience

Mercy - You already make Firesprites from the artifact mod, and picking one up will grant Restoration

Resolve - You're getting grenade kills non-stop, and this will give you Cure every time you do it.

Beams - free +10 intellect & your dawnblade projectiles will actually hit targets!

Regarding exotics, Verity's Brow owns but it requires you to get Solar Weapon Kills, and guns just straight up slow me down compared to

Dawn Chorus - Scorch deals 200% extra damage, gives melee energy, and your Daybreak applies 40x scorch and does 45% extra damage :chanpop:

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 31, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And it's sort of a Warlock-Only party

While the changes to grenade kickstart have impacted the build (rip in peace passive 5 second cooldown), a Hallowfire Heart Titan can still get an absurdly short cooldown on Firebolt while also getting ridiculous uptime on Sol Invictus and Roaring Flames.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

While the changes to grenade kickstart have impacted the build (rip in peace passive 5 second cooldown), a Hallowfire Heart Titan can still get an absurdly short cooldown on Firebolt while also getting ridiculous uptime on Sol Invictus and Roaring Flames.

But! You see!

The Warlock radius of 12m means I get used to not having to aim particularly well, and I will never even come CLOSE to hitting a target when I switch off :negative:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i cant see a loving thing after throwing all these grenades and being immersed in a bubble bath of perpetual explosions

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

i cant see a loving thing after throwing all these grenades and being immersed in a bubble bath of perpetual explosions

We now go live, to Kith

EDIT - also I got ZEETED so hard that it started up the 2nd encounter dialog last night

https://i.imgur.com/BHIIBOD.gifv

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Firebolt hunters are great too with Ophidia Spathe or Caliban's Hand.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gadzuko posted:

This is hardly a hunter specific problem, hunters actually have the easiest recovery from a missed jump of any class in the game if you're using triple jump. Warlocks just get to slowly float to their deaths regardless of what jump they're using

I was responding to a post about Hunters having difficulty with horizontal distance jumping, and providing an example of one of the causes of that.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cheap Trick posted:

Verity's Brow sucked me off???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QVDOkMTiE

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Aussies - If you wanna do Comp, lmk, because having thrown games is genuinely tilt inducing.

Just morons who the moment they're a round down start tossing themselves off cliffs or emoting; And that's not to count the guy I just had with ONE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED games at *exactly* 90% accuracy with all weapons and a VAC ban. How is he still playing? Who knows, maybe he's just that good. :jerkbag:

E: Decided to dig - Also a KDA of 9, with a 98% win rate in Crucible. Just openly laughing at Bungie, basically.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 31, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Kith posted:

Why? Glaives don't get lunge distance bonuses because they already have an increased lunge range.

wait what

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Just in time for the Quicksilver Storm fix :yum:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of strand, the infinite Osteo damage glitch can be paired up with a strand grapple melee for inifnite osteo poison + infinite unraveling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM1eyagKeQM

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also I gotta say I loving love Destiny physics

https://i.imgur.com/4xzs6EA.mp4

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cheap Trick posted:

Just in time for the Quicksilver Storm fix :yum:

I am mid-grind in the catalyst but I'm running this build and the loop is powerful. Ran baby's first legendary last night with it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm using Rufus Fury with Demo/Hatch and Circular Logic with FF/Hatch, and Wavesplitter secondary. The build generates so many orbs from the AtA explosions Wavesplitter is constantly overcharged and suppressing

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

4/21/2022 TWAB posted:

Glaives already have a long lunge distance, and increasing this at all results in unreliable behavior over the network, so no melee lunge distance buffs apply to Glaive melees.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

can confirm, Wavesplitter is S tier with the amount of orbs you can make with new mods, and volatile rounds. I bring it in any activity that is just swarming with adds or taken psions which can get out of hand, because they all turn to purple mist.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Just wanted to give everyone a reminder that today is Bunker E15 day if you're in need to hurt yourself do some Legendary Lost Sectors

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pirate Jet posted:

Just wanted to give everyone a reminder that today is Bunker E15 day if you're in need to hurt yourself do some Legendary Lost Sectors

The Overload champs are loving me up, that time between the stun wearing off and them being vulnerable again is absolutely brutal. Wish Ender makes the Barrier champs a joke but I can't put out enough dps to reliably burn down the Overloads before their regen makes the heavy ammo I just poured into them a waste

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Necrobama posted:

The Overload champs are loving me up, that time between the stun wearing off and them being vulnerable again is absolutely brutal. Wish Ender makes the Barrier champs a joke but I can't put out enough dps to reliably burn down the Overloads before their regen makes the heavy ammo I just poured into them a waste
That's where Le Monarque has been helping, for me. If you time it right, the poison it puts on them will trigger the next stun automatically while you flee for safety in those few seconds they're active again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can also suspend them, which doesn't interrupt the regen mechanic but does interrupt their running around trying to kill you mechanic

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Orbs reload your Wavesplitter too. It's pretty nasty.

I really need to build up some courage and attempt RoN for that auto rifle.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Necrobama posted:

keep hitting them with your overload weapon, it stop the health regen. easiest I think with bows this season.

they'll keep attacking (unless you suspend or freeze them), but as long as you are smart with cover and peek shoot with the bow it'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone