Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

sirtommygunn posted:

They should really change Strange Academy to activate after turn 4, currently it makes it so there's almost 0 counterplay to Spiderman on 5, Galactus on 6.

Agreed. Turn 5 is so awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

the_american_dream posted:

Agreed. Turn 5 is so awkward

any zone specific interaction with a specific card is just the way things go IMHO. the game giveth and the game taketh away

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Walla posted:

You're lucky they didn't do the Absorbing Man or Mystique combo with Forge. That can get Yellowjacket up to 128 or higher.

Specimen has a video out on it, and I'm sure others have showcased the same combo.

I just got hit by that, Yellow jacket got to 64, it was just Wong to Shuri to Odin (32 power) then triggering Shuri that many more times to get Yellowjacket to 64.

Everyday I get more upset I don't have Shuri because, as that tweet above shows, she's the biggest part of the meta now.

And if you also manage to have Ghost? Congrats, you can do that last round combo (Odin to Yellowjacket) with no fear of a Shang Chi.

Guess I gotta slot Cosmo and/or Rogue and/or Enchantress into all the decks I play, now?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
cosmo should be a staple in every deck imo

protection for big guys, interference on telegraphed on reveal plays (if you got prio), lane shut downs, he does it all!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

cosmo should be a staple in every deck imo

protection for big guys, interference on telegraphed on reveal plays (if you got prio), lane shut downs, he does it all!

I mean, if you made a list of all cards that SHOULD be in every deck, you would have a deck that is ok at stopping your opponent, but has no real win condition for you.

I tried. I've run variations on "spoiler" decks and at best, they just retreat early and you get a cube. It's never a big winner, and if you don't draw into a Cosmo or something, they will win, or they'll still plop down a 13 power un-doubled Red Skull or 12 power Hulk and you have priority before so can't even Shang Chi it, or they armor, etc...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I quit an absurd amount of games to Cosmo/Shang snipe frustration. Its very dumb of me

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

idk, so many situations to cover but sometimes I like when I see those early as I know to bounce before I make a larger cube investement.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrBouvenstein posted:

I mean, if you made a list of all cards that SHOULD be in every deck, you would have a deck that is ok at stopping your opponent, but has no real win condition for you.

I tried. I've run variations on "spoiler" decks and at best, they just retreat early and you get a cube. It's never a big winner, and if you don't draw into a Cosmo or something, they will win, or they'll still plop down a 13 power un-doubled Red Skull or 12 power Hulk and you have priority before so can't even Shang Chi it, or they armor, etc...

i think that "the card that shuts down an entire keyword worth of cards" is pretty good/important enough to consider having in most decks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i think that "the card that shuts down an entire keyword worth of cards" is pretty good/important enough to consider having in most decks

If this actually played out it would be. See Aero previously.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Aramoro posted:

Finally got Galactus. Got around 10 back to back Shuri decks that I don't really have an answer too.

Run Doc Ock

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just got hit by that, Yellow jacket got to 64, it was just Wong to Shuri to Odin (32 power) then triggering Shuri that many more times to get Yellowjacket to 64.

Everyday I get more upset I don't have Shuri because, as that tweet above shows, she's the biggest part of the meta now.

And if you also manage to have Ghost? Congrats, you can do that last round combo (Odin to Yellowjacket) with no fear of a Shang Chi.

Guess I gotta slot Cosmo and/or Rogue and/or Enchantress into all the decks I play, now?

if it's any consolation someone crunched the numbers a long time ago (the combo isn't even remotely new) and it's just over 7% to assemble the combo. That doesn't count the times it gets disrupted either, making its actual go off rate even less.

Also the new Untapped.gg data presentation page is WILD, it's so well done. Unfortunately to use it for anything other then seeing the decks in a tier list, you have to be a premium sub. 4$ a month I think.

It is really well done though if you care about stuff like that.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 30, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I am. Just not getting anywhere with it at all.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Aramoro posted:

You are about to reach the second stage of Galactus ownership.

Disappointment.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Aramoro posted:

Would you mind posting your deck? I'm happy to take a look and offer advice if I can.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1641501279129313280

Keep an eye on your in-game inbox for 100 free credits or something.

I guess they Phased her out of the game for now

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You can return this card to development and add 100 credits to your account

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Just pulled Dan Hipp Korg from a season cache. I don't care what anybody else says. Season caches are the best.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Thanks to whoever posted the leech doom deck, it helped me climb 20 ranks this week from 45 to 65

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

cinnamon rollout posted:

Thanks to whoever posted the leech doom deck, it helped me climb 20 ranks this week from 45 to 65

I need to bang out like 30 season pass levels tonight. Mind posting it again?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Jack Bandit posted:

After struggling to break 50 I just got infinite thanks to this deck that was posted pages ago, thanks for that!

This one perhaps

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Would you mind posting your deck? I'm happy to take a look and offer advice if I can.

That's what I have currently, cloak to try and fix it when people try to break my lanes. Maybe too much ramp and not enough tech.

I'm just hitting so many Shuri decks, Sunspot, Armour, Cosmos like clockwork.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Aramoro posted:

That's what I have currently, cloak to try and fix it when people try to break my lanes. Maybe too much ramp and not enough tech.

Idk why shuri is a problem matchup for you. I don't think galactus is better into anything else.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

team overhead smash posted:

Just hit infinite with a ramp deck.

Think it works well with Krakoa as a lot of the time any of their choices should be moderately good.

This is the best ramp Doom list ATM.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wish I had wave but I do have psylocke and electro

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If I still don't have Aero, anybody got a good recommendation to replace it in the Odin-Doom deck? I wanna give it a shot and that's the only card I'm missing. I'm thinking Shang-Chi or Enchantress

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Bottom Liner posted:

This is the best ramp Doom list ATM.

It was this one, very good stuff
Edit:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (5) Kang
# (5) Leech
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Sandman
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybmltWm9sYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthbmcifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Edit 2: I just got Kang so I put him in there but I had Chavez in there for the 20 levels this week

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 31, 2023

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Once I got the hang of this very similar deck, I managed to climb from 40 to 65 pretty easily (and still rising):

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 31, 2023

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Aramoro posted:

I would definitely say too much ramp. I posted this deck a few days ago (along with some general advice on how to drive it if you check out the post itself):

I'm currently at 89.7 cubes for the season and doing everything I can to head to infinite but this deck has been a very solid performer for me the last month or so.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Finally reached 60 after crafting a deck with my most recent pinned card, Stature. The amount of power you can put out on the last turn seems to catch people off guard. My opponents seem to target the Morbius but I have plenty of other power coming down. Got the Red Goblin Variant of Green Goblin for my ranked reward, so that was nice.

https://imgur.com/a/m7NLxjm

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I would definitely say too much ramp. I posted this deck a few days ago (along with some general advice on how to drive it if you check out the post itself):

I'm currently at 89.7 cubes for the season and doing everything I can to head to infinite but this deck has been a very solid performer for me the last month or so.

Wish I had Knull

Wouldn't be a mystery variant bundle if I didn't pull a pixel

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gotta say, Nimrod is pretty fun.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I'm at 96, not sure if I'm gonna make it to infinite this go around. Already made my goal of Galactic this season though, so I can have that as a consolation prize.

Also had some sick Dan Hipp Variants in the shop today that I splurged on. Wong and Brood ftw

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Hit infinite finally. Did 10-75 using a hazmat/wong/gambit deck, 75-89 with a galactus deck that just was springing me back and forth. Took what felt like a week to get from 75 to 89. did 89-100 in one night with this deck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

TheJadedOne posted:

Hit infinite finally. Did 10-75 using a hazmat/wong/gambit deck, 75-89 with a galactus deck that just was springing me back and forth. Took what felt like a week to get from 75 to 89. did 89-100 in one night with this deck.

Whats the strat with Invis there, hide that its a Patriot deck? And Yondu just for the info? Zero + Skull for alternate t6?

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 31, 2023

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Whats the strat with Invis there, hide that its a Patriot deck? And Yondu just for the info? Zero + Skull for alternate t6?

invis is there to hide and avoid things like enchantress, also depending on draws you can shove maw behind invis. Zero + maw or skull. had one where I zero+ultron on london to drop 2 abilityless ultrons buffed by a patriot/mystique. Yondu is mix of info and sometimes it just really messes someone up. works with Kazaar and can slip in late game just for a bit extra

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Very cool, looks like a way more fun version of Patriot. Will try it when I get Invis as she’s one of the last 4 P3 cards I don’t have :v:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

No Wave posted:

I kinda hate her honestly. Such a volatile card a shuri's lab makes her like 64 power and unlike deadpool she requires no real support. So insane for current and future on-plays, like she's real good even before they fix her grotesque beast interaction.
She seems a lot better than deadpool but like, unless you luck out with a strong location like Shuri’s lab, she’s still at best a 10-ish power card for around 6 mana. Yeah she’s broken with one location but Shang, Storm and Magik exist and are common, plus you will see it happening for several turns so it doesn’t come out of nowhere. She seems good and fun and mildly annoying to counterplay which is, well, CCG’s

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I think my favorite Kitty/Location combo I've seen is Kitty Cloning Vats. Just an army of Kitties slowly growing in size and power.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bisse posted:

She seems a lot better than deadpool but like, unless you luck out with a strong location like Shuri’s lab, she’s still at best a 10-ish power card for around 6 mana. Yeah she’s broken with one location but Shang, Storm and Magik exist and are common, plus you will see it happening for several turns so it doesn’t come out of nowhere. She seems good and fun and mildly annoying to counterplay which is, well, CCG’s
With Beast she's 8 power for 1 energy. And there's really not any way to stop it besides Killmonger. Even Sandman just knocks some power off of her because she ends each turn on board. And that's before factoring in Angela/Bishop/Collector/whatever. Just seems way too strong and putting her effect on a 1 energy card was a little crazy. I don't really want Beast to get the Quinjet treatment because he would be insanely bad.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m at 600 collector tokens after buying Galactus and I just pinned Thanos - is it worth waiting or unpin since

1. It’ll take months
2. Anyway he’s been nerfed no