Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really hate all of the people who were complaining to Tony about the titles. Losing the old beat up ROH title is a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I JUST BOUGHT THE PPV EDDIE

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
hahaha this eddie promo is good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

House of Black were so right to get Eddie away from Ortiz and help him rediscover himself. Nothing but positive vibes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That promo is why you have to do an Eddie-MJF title program eventually - literally nobody can talk you into buying a PPV the way Eddie Kingston has

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Me while watching the women’s title match tomorrow

https://twitter.com/jaymyke/status/1615963836460462080?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Watching Athena-Emi just now got me thinking - if Mercedes Moné ever wrestles in AEW, Athena is second in line behind Hayter for people I'd like to see her matched up against. Both of em bumping like crazy while Athena gets to play hoss...I think it'd be real good

Yuka being involved in a legitimately good pull-apart brawl is so sick

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I wonder if they ever had a match in wwe, though I also would bet if they did it didn't go more than five minutes

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

flatluigi posted:

I wonder if they ever had a match in wwe, though I also would bet if they did it didn't go more than five minutes

One tag, 3-way, 4-way, Rumble and MitB. No singles matches.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 31, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaIcL9pp9q4

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I love Athena so much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit Eddie stop making me cry every time you cut a promo :cry:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’m Matt Taven

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Really hate all of the people who were complaining to Tony about the titles. Losing the old beat up ROH title is a crime.

agreed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

1) Aussie Open vs Nese and Daivari. Solid lovely heel vs brute match. Of course AO won, and looked good doing so.

2) Miyu Yamashita vs Shazza Mackenzie. Miyu is so great. Shazza is solid and skilled. Weird to see Miyu in front of a crowd who don't know her. Very solid fundamentals. Bobby, it's MIYU, not Mayu.

3) the Embassy vs JD Griffey, Dak Draper, and Arjun Singh. Griffey is GOOD. Solid strikes, agile work, but Toa Liona just dismantles him.

4) The Infantry vs AR Fox and Metalik. Bravo is apparently "bad news and tattoos". OK, sure. Fun match between talented teams. Shawn Dean takes a gruesome looking bump from a piledriver. Bravo and Dean are coordinated, they work well together, and they're individually super talented. Metalik's rope elbow drop is great.

5) Emi Sakura vs Athena. Ian, it's Baliyan Akki, not "Aksi". Also Emi already held a title in Deadlock Pro. Holy crap this is stiff from the start. Superb contest, Emi's delayed butterfly backbreaker is absolutely gorgeous. There is huge Big Match feel here. Submission finisher was unexpected, but my god was this a great match.

Post match Yuka comes out in the BIGGEST JEANS EVER and fights Athena to save Sakura. We got Murder Yuka folks.

6) Kingdom and LIJ versus Top Flight and Lucha Bros. This is such a great lineup. Crowd are bonkers for Lucha Bros. This match is, predictably, loving insane. Everyone gets their poo poo in. LFI / Kingdom winning was unexpected but not unwelcome

Mark Briscoe comes out with his tag belt. Fuuuuck, he is a great promo.

Nice lil face moment for Jay Lethal.

7) Leon Ruffin vs Wheeler Yuta. New Pure belt looks great. Bully Wheeler is so great, using Shibata's moves against Ruffin. Solid short match where Yuta is dominant.

Yoots is getting way more confident on the mic. Great hateful little poo poo.

And then THE WRESTLER comes out. God, this is going to be so great.

8) Blake Christian vs Hijo del Vikingo. Time for the flippiest bullshit you ever saw. Vikingo is absurd, Blake keeps up, there's no point trying to write down all the nonsense happening here. Tremendous stuff, wish the crowd was more into it.

Post match backstage the Embassy murder Blake

9) Christopher Daniels vs Blake Christian. Good match, but... slow. Methodical rather than lumbering, but this is a violent and deliberate match, designed to show off Eddie The Wrestler.

Post match, Claudio emerges with the belt, to a stripped back version of the 1812 Overture. This feels big.

Good show, good go home show. Pumped for the pape.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is the pape thrown in w/ an honour club subcription? asking before I buy it on FITE.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is the pape thrown in w/ an honour club subcription? asking before I buy it on FITE.

Only if you wait for 90 days.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pretty hyped for Supercard of Honor. Genuinely interested in every match and can't wait to see Eddie Kingston and Matt Taven strapped up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bold of you to assume Eddie is winning

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

Broke: Eddie is winning the title
Woke: Chris Hero costs Eddie the title
Bespoke: CM Punk costs Eddie the title

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Broke: Eddie is winning the title
Woke: Chris Hero costs Eddie the title
Bespoke: CM Punk costs Eddie the title

Eddie costs Eddie the title :twisted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

House of Black thrusted him forward and now Eddie can beat his demons and the swiss. I believe.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/chikaraspecial/status/1641809334676910080?s=46&t=hN7QrcuD7lAZiiIdTJ-hdA

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

More evidence that Hero is costing Eddie the title. I believe!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

absolutely insane how anytime Emi is given the airtime she burns the house down. Athena being in ROH makes sense to me now because she's the undisputed ace of the fed, hope she gets to fight even more joshis because she's at a peak now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

absolutely insane how anytime Emi is given the airtime she burns the house down. Athena being in ROH makes sense to me now because she's the undisputed ace of the fed, hope she gets to fight even more joshis because she's at a peak now

I don't think it's very insane she's a good wrestler.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Any idea what's on Zero Hour tonight?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Looks like it's a mystery! I wasn't even sure what time it was until now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

"What's it gonna take to get you into this Elantra, partnah?"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

this:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1641873148831481856

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

And this:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1641886981964853249?t=m7Wbvy4FRcWoYoTntqAjCA&s=19

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Dang Konosuke/Mack has serious potential

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW's run of winning Best Major Show is over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Still want to know whether votes for Tony Khan as best booker count separately for ROH and AEW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1641884455395807234?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Still want to know whether votes for Tony Khan as best booker count separately for ROH and AEW.

Best Booker is not itemized by company.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Best Booker is not itemized by company.

Then how do you explain this?

https://twitter.com/UlyssesVentura/status/1641444214583201794

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

People are deeply ignorant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus