Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think that might be it. The last couple chapters just haven't been funny, or romantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sorry everyone MarriageToxin is dead

Awww :(

quote:

Dead serious about becoming a full romance manga!

Yay! :3:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1641382394270736386?t=q4w_584m_a5TsZ7ZX1ciyQ&s=19

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hell yeah glad to see they're still going for it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe they won't murder this one in the crib and thus have the U19, or whatever the Jump + version of that is, have to drag on ad-infinitum.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Haven't read the other one, but I liked Ayashimon, so I'm glad they're getting stuff published still.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The other series is pretty good. It is about a bunch of condemned criminals along with their executioners being sent to explore a mysterious island to look for an elixir of immortality. Whoever gets it first receives a pardon. Except the island is full of monsters.

Also has an anime dropping soon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://mangadex.org/chapter/27f36067-a8ee-4c28-8241-2f911ff2ce8d

drat, Tenkaichi going on indefinite hiatus because the artist is doing Versus. (AFAICT that's not an AF joke.)

I didn't notice until now that the author was the author and artist on Gamaran, but that definitely tracks.

EDIT: Meant to post in the seinen thread but this is close enough I guess.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 1, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also for anyone interested, the second season of the Eden’s Zero anime has officially begun

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Sindai posted:

drat, Tenkaichi going on indefinite hiatus because the artist is doing Versus. (AFAICT that's not an AF joke.)

I didn't notice until now that the author was the author and artist on Gamaran, but that definitely tracks.

Tenkaichi's a fun series, so that's unfortunate to hear. Wonder if that means that Versus isn't intended to be a long series if the artist was planning on working on both

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sindai posted:

Hurrr

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sindai posted:

It's a shame this is happening mid fight too.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

muscles like this! posted:

The other series is pretty good. It is about a bunch of condemned criminals along with their executioners being sent to explore a mysterious island to look for an elixir of immortality. Whoever gets it first receives a pardon. Except the island is full of monsters.

Also has an anime dropping soon.

Can confirm that first episode is great. Quickly establishes main character as history's strongest wife guy.

Comic is well worth it, the art is spectacular.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Sakamoto is so loving cool man

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Jerkface posted:

I was coming here to post this as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Fabricant 100 continues to get more interesting. Although the current chapter probably means that the MC is going to have to embrace :unsmigghh: in subsequent fights. Comes with the territory when you can stitch limbs back in place.

Jerkface posted:

Whole chapter can be summarized as

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Black Stones posted:

I was coming here to post this as well.

Same here lol

Feel like Nagumo casually dropping he's a master of disguise is gonna be very important in the present.

Edit: wait just remembered it was brought up earlier and how Sakamoto infiltrated the school

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 2, 2023

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Mission: Yozakura Family is fun lately. Taiyo is a rare shonen battle manga main character who is actually a good parent, lol.

Hifumi's behavior supports the hypothesis that Kyoichiro's overprotective behavior is to some extent just how Yozakura supergenetics makes the eldest child of every generation act; she even has a fighting style similar to Kyoichiro's. Alpha's superintelligence makes him similar to Shion or Nanao; the non-powered eleventh family head hasn't been born yet.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah Nagumo's uncanny mimicry is a long standing thing. There was also that great scene where he pretended to be Sakamoto's wife during the foreign killers arc.

And yeah no notes, Sakamoto Days remains 10/10 on fights. Honestly think the mangaka could if they don't want to do a new series after Sakamoto ends (hopefully after a good long run) just make a career out of being a fight choreography ringer for other manga like Murata seems to have become for spectacle art.

Fabricant is also good, I enjoy the dynamic of the new allies and look forward to how :unsmigghh: the series gets with poor Ashibi's new powers. I hope the series lasts it's managed to stay good long enough now it's clear the author has a plan and didn't just do a oneshot then try to figure out the rest of the story like a lot of the recent adventure series.

Akane's in setup and this does look like the "humble Akane with an actual defeat" arc so it's hard to get too excited but I am still enjoying this series a lot. Just quietly competent and a chill read.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 2, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jerkface posted:

i cracked up at page 15. what a ridiculous flex

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

G&G continues to just chug along, although now it seems like the series is changing focus to be more about Ginka since we're getting all this backstory for him and also actually seeing what he looked like as a human.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah Nagumo's uncanny mimicry is a long standing thing. There was also that great scene where he pretended to be Sakamoto's wife during the foreign killers arc.
The best part wasn't even when he pretended to be the wife.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

The latest Sakamoto chapter felt like a flex by the mangaka, as if to say "yeah when I get my anime this scene is going to be loving awesome"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

The best part wasn't even when he pretended to be the wife.

God. How'd I forget that. That owns so much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

i cracked up at page 15. what a ridiculous flex

I love that's literally all it was she's doing the cool guy smoker's puff and no lighter isn't stopping that

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ayakashi Triangle: They're really gunning for Female Matsuri being the real one, huh?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tosk posted:

The latest Sakamoto chapter felt like a flex by the mangaka, as if to say "yeah when I get my anime this scene is going to be loving awesome"

Got this same feeling when the JJK author incorporated Yutapon Cubes into one of the fights.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Whole chapter can be summarized as

This can’t be repeated enough. :suspense:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

G&G continues to just chug along, although now it seems like the series is changing focus to be more about Ginka since we're getting all this backstory for him and also actually seeing what he looked like as a human.

I kinda feel like it's the opposite. I think the next chapter's the last, and ends with Ginka getting everyone together to restore Gluna's memories.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ayakashi Triangle: They're really gunning for Female Matsuri being the real one, huh?

Yeah, pretty much. As I've said, I think the endgame is Matsuri transitioning, but with the current setup masc Matsuri could stick around and I dunno, pair off with Shadow Mei

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bit surprised with Fabricant. Thought 99 would be a major villain

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Jerkface posted:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bit surprised with Fabricant. Thought 99 would be a major villain

There is the possibility there's more to these cores than meets the eyes. Given the last chapter and the idea that the cores can re-imprint the numbers of the Fabricants onto a replaced body part. It could be very likely that their consciousness or some vestige of it resides in their cores as well. All 99 might need is a new body to animate and he's back in the game. There's also the question of how the organization managed to take him down. Maybe he made a deal with the organization to infuse their ranks and that was a bid to get access to superior body parts by lying in wait.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks to the first anime episode of Jigokuraku I went and smashed out the whole manga series in like 5 hours. What a ride, can't wait to see some of this stuff in anime format.

RIP Ayashikimon :smith:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I liked how Fabricant 100 referenced Luigi Galvani's experiments where he zapped dead frogs to make their muscles twitch.

I actually had to look that up to refresh my memory; I'd remembered it being an inspiration for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but I'd misremembered the experimenter as Erasmus Darwin. Actually, Shelley mentioned Erasmus Darwin's experiments as an inspiration, but they involved microscopic worm-like creatures; she just also mentioned "galvanism," i.e., Galvani's ideas about electricity as the source of life, as another inspiration.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 3, 2023

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It would be neat if they never actually outline exactly how the Fabricants were made (or at least how their cores were I guess), since the original Frankenstein didn't either. It could have a similar reason for it too, so nobody is tempted to try it themselves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an interesting choice. all of the supernatural elements in the setting come from this single invention. right now, it doesn't appear that anyone understands how the cores work, much less is capable of making more. this also raises the possibility of future human antagonists that want the cores for themselves.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Thanks to the first anime episode of Jigokuraku I went and smashed out the whole manga series in like 5 hours. What a ride, can't wait to see some of this stuff in anime format.

Jigokuraku is legitimately one of my favorite manga from the last few years, up there with Demon Slayer (largely due to things like how the last fight ended), and I'm so happy it's gotten an adaptation.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The quality of art in Sakamoto Days is so detailed and over the top that I’m not really sure how it’s a weekly series. I understand that many mangaka have an unhealthy level of dedication and there could be assistants and it could be drawn on a computer with digital tools to make things easier; I’m still not sure how there can be so much detail and also so many pages every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a one shot follow up coming up next week.