Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No movement yet because we haven't had time to sit down and discuss it but it'll be moving soon! Got something else cooking in the meantjme

Following on this, do people have suggestions for threads that don't currently have an IK but it would helpful if they did? Like I've said before, I think more IKs and more mods is a good thing, but if there are some threads that would really benefit from it then it would be good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I can't really finish xcom without somebody checking in to brutally probate the casualties with semi decent half joke reasons

If u die in the game u die in the forums (6er), & I don't wanna have to report myself every time some moron bounces a gas grenade off civilians, over the aliens, & directly into their own squad

Doesn't even have to be ik just someone pulling the trigger

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Make me IK of the Suburban Dad thread so I can change the thread title

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Which thinking about it, xcom worked when gnomes became insular and impenetrable because of turnover

Xcom is pre-built with having like 40 goons getting blasted to smithereens or becoming ultra heroes or scientists & then getting blasted. Then goons vote on what missions to do etc. Slap on some half alright sound tracks it's a pretty ok thread

Gnomes was supposed to be "what if dungeons & dragons but I don't know the rules so we're literally making up everything as we go" which had a few good twists like how :airquote:npcs:airquote: might actually be the PC of another thread, or how the goon squad might rear end up by skipping quests and the rest of the world keeps on going without them. If goons had more risk of death or forced retirement then it would be a more functional thread.

Basically battle bros but instead of video game it's table top. Ramping pcs into doing their personal quests and then retiring, or being less hesitant to murder pcs might make this work better. Maybe retired pcs would be something like the guild leaders or quest givers for the next crop of goons. Probably i should think about how to do this and break up the rules more

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Which thinking about it, xcom worked when gnomes became insular and impenetrable because of turnover

Xcom is pre-built with having like 40 goons getting blasted to smithereens or becoming ultra heroes or scientists & then getting blasted. Then goons vote on what missions to do etc. Slap on some half alright sound tracks it's a pretty ok thread

Gnomes was supposed to be "what if dungeons & dragons but I don't know the rules so we're literally making up everything as we go" which had a few good twists like how :airquote:npcs:airquote: might actually be the PC of another thread, or how the goon squad might rear end up by skipping quests and the rest of the world keeps on going without them. If goons had more risk of death or forced retirement then it would be a more functional thread.

Basically battle bros but instead of video game it's table top. Ramping pcs into doing their personal quests and then retiring, or being less hesitant to murder pcs might make this work better. Maybe retired pcs would be something like the guild leaders or quest givers for the next crop of goons. Probably i should think about how to do this and break up the rules more

ah word

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

make epic ik of his gat dang thread already. he requests title changes like 3 times a day sometimes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

make epic ik of his gat dang thread already. he requests title changes like 3 times a day sometimes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I also want to be able to joke probe anyone that posts about their Traeger with that image of someone’s smoker needing a software update. Funny for me and annoying to those weirdos that get mad about the Leper’s Colony.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I also want to be able to joke probe anyone that posts about their Traeger with that image of someone’s smoker needing a software update. Funny for me and annoying to those weirdos that get mad about the Leper’s Colony.

Fr tho imagine cooking with pencil shavings and an electric charcoal starter :roflolmao:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
make me ik of the weed thread so i can change the title on that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hot cocoa why havent you made the GBS Men Climbing Fake Rocks Megathread yet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Make me and nom epique iks of his thread so there is full coverage for title changes

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

that's actually a good idea

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

yeah so I can know who to put on ignore :twisted:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
jk I just figure you guys like talkin about that poo poo and I doubt our vibe would match whatever random half abandoned sub forum houses the other

like I cant drop in and call you a bunch of fuckin nerds in The Sports Haus XD: Toots McGee or whatever the gently caress the subforums called

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MrQwerty posted:

Make me and nom epique iks of his thread so there is full coverage for title changes

If there was a way to do so without giving them buttons I'd absolutely do it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If there was a way to do so without giving them buttons I'd absolutely do it

I have full confidence that nom would not abuse his buttons

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

y’all ever watch the littlest hobo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sid Vicious posted:

Every night when I turn my monitor off

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

🅾️🅱️doesn't want buttons but also

It really is; I want to get into climbing and have no idea where to start

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Q/e

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It's not a big deal, just give them buttons

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have full confidence that nom would not abuse his buttons

Nom is a man of high honor and low aptitude

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Karma Comedian posted:

It really is; I want to get into climbing and have no idea where to start

Well first you walk up to something, then you grab it, then you start moving upward by pressing with your legs and pulling with your arms.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Nom is a man of high honor and low aptitude

rofl

also 💯

I'd trust nom with buttons more than most of the admins tbh

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

I liked the one where they did all the stunts.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Karma Comedian posted:

🅾️🅱️doesn't want buttons but also

Forgot about this bit of lore, ticket closed.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's not a big deal, just give them buttons

this, if you can add them quickly, you should be able to remove them quickly. best part is that if they gently caress up, there is sure to be some funny poo poo that goes down

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

this, if you can add them quickly, you should be able to remove them quickly. best part is that if they gently caress up, there is sure to be some funny poo poo that goes down

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weird, not seeing a star yet? Assuming it’s on astral’s plate for later today?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Weird, not seeing a star yet? Assuming it’s on astral’s plate for later today?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Got something else cooking in the meantjme

:treemike:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No movement yet because we haven't had time to sit down and discuss it but it'll be moving soon! Got something else cooking in the meantjme

did you ever goldmine the original feedback thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

did you ever goldmine the original feedback thread

lol nope.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just Be Patient. Things are happening with the original thread.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

i did this. ticket closed.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

just Be Patient. Things are happening with the original thread.

maybe seth is getting the sleepiness bug too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Space Kablooey posted:

I am actually v tired today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

noticing seth also put the israel thread down for a nappy. like a new mother catching a few winks while the baby sleeps