Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Salazar fight is bad but the knife fight rules in the remake.

Anyway, this is my favorite glitch so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjka3WfW5hg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wow How did he go from extremely buff to a skinny guy?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

new salazar fight is garbage, og better.

also knife fighter is better in og.

I hope RE1 gets a remake just to punish you for having opinions this bad.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I ended up grabbing Nexomon on sale a bit ago; enjoyed it enough to platinum it, I thought it was a charming story but not too challenging. Having just finished the story for Extinction, I gotta say, they improved on everything, really; at first I was wary because I noticed level scaling but they handled it pretty well. You can go just about anywhere from the start of the game outside of three or four areas; I ended up catching about 80 species before going to the first city. Overall a much more solid Pokemon clone than say, Temtem, especially in terms of plot. Still have to run through postgame content and fill out the other half of the dex, though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFINDxwMjVU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I must be the biggest idiot in the world because no one else seems to have this particular version of this problem but I absolutely cannot get Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade DLC working. Here is the situation:

I owned the PS4 version of IFinal Fantasy VII Remake. I got the PS5 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade through PlayStation Plus.

When I go to the game in my library it says "Final Fantasy VII Remake" and has the PS5 logo next to it. It says it is the version I have access to as part of my PS Plus subscription. The Intergrade Episode INTERmission DLC is installed.

When I launch the game, I cannot switch to the DLC start screen. Instead there is a thing in the corner to purchase the DLC. When I click on that it says "INSTALLED" and next to it "$19.99."

I have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, turning the console off and on.

I'm so confused. What do I have to do to get this DLC working?

Edit: figured it out. You need to restore licenses. If you are having this problem follow a guide online for "PS5 restore licenses." JFC this was the stupid and annoying to fix.

Rosalind fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 31, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rosalind posted:

I must be the biggest idiot in the world because no one else seems to have this particular version of this problem but I absolutely cannot get Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade DLC working. Here is the situation:

I owned the PS4 version of IFinal Fantasy VII Remake. I got the PS5 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade through PlayStation Plus.

When I go to the game in my library it says "Final Fantasy VII Remake" and has the PS5 logo next to it. It says it is the version I have access to as part of my PS Plus subscription. The Intergrade Episode INTERmission DLC is installed.

When I launch the game, I cannot switch to the DLC start screen. Instead there is a thing in the corner to purchase the DLC. When I click on that it says "INSTALLED" and next to it "$19.99."

I have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, turning the console off and on.

I'm so confused. What do I have to do to get this DLC working?

edit; owned, I guess I'm wrong?

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 31, 2023

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FF7R is a clusterfuck of different versions, but the short answer is that the DLC is not free. The ps+ version (PS4) did NOT include the DLC and originally wasn't even upgradeable, tho yeah you'll need some kind of PS5 version to play Intermission.

What you want to do is use your disc copy PS4 version to claim the free (non-ps+) PS5 upgrade of the base game. Then you can transfer saves using the PS4 version migration tool. At that point you can uninstall the PS4 version and just use the PS5 version that you've downloaded, but you'll still need the disc to authenticate.

You will still need to purchase INTERmission. Sure, it installs as part of the PS5 free upgrade package but similar to the Bloodborne Old Hunters patch it's just there but unplayable unless you pay.

The only way that INTERmission is included without paying that DLC transaction is if you bought Intergrade PS5 on disc, or specifically bought the PS5 digital version with INTERmission included, which costs more than the base game.

And no, they did not handle any of this well! You are NOT an idiot! :blastu:

This is not completely true and, while similar to the problem I was having, not the problem I was having which is why solving it was so difficult. I kept finding people explaining this which wasn't the issue.

The INTERmission DLC is included in some PS Plus tiers (Extra and above) which I had. Refreshing licenses was the solution and I am now playing it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rosalind posted:

The INTERmission DLC is included in some PS Plus tiers (Extra and above) which I had.

Good god, I cannot believe they found a way to make it even more complicated haha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Need one of those Ubisoft pre-order upgrade path charts for this fuckin game

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RE4make owns. Kneecapping evil villagers before round-housing them into a crowd of more evil villagers never got old, the requisite 'no combat stealth section' was actually fun, the villains were suitably ridiculous and Leon was charmingly pissed off. My only complaints are that there's three times where you briefly fight bugs and they are very tedious, the semi-open lake you can explore is really cool but nothing like that ever happens again, and while your companions commenta on the shooting range no one ever acknowledges the absurdity of the sinister and possibly magical merchant.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I appreciate that the merchant is played straight. No wink and nudging to the audience about how he gets around.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Is the ending of RE4 remake alluding to something specific?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lordfrikk posted:

Is the ending of RE4 remake alluding to something specific?

Yeah, its setting up the good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgM3q1IJA0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WuKJ1t50w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I've been working my way through Days Gone based on earlier discussions in the thread. It's been entertaining enough so far but it's been a massive tonal shift ever since I crossed the mountain pass. Deacon spends two years mourning his dead wife and suddenly she's alive but they're both in a militia so [???]. Deacon doesn't seem to voice any kind of disdain for the militia despite talking poo poo about each of the three encampments north of the mountain. I'm running fetch quests for Sarah without any real exposition, there has been multiple scenes where they're alone but instead of talking about what they're doing or why it's just Sarah saying "go collect this printer and carry it for me in the rain, dismissed soldier". The Colonel is clearly some god-bothering, almost Colonel Kurtz-level rear end in a top hat but Deacon hasn't said a bad word about him, even to himself.

I'll keep at it but drat is it weird.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm watching a playthrough of Re4 and it honestly looks a bit poo poo and boring and I'm convinced it's either something I had to be there for when it first came out or all the high review scores are an elaborate prank or something

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Frankston posted:

I'm watching a playthrough of Re4 and it honestly looks a bit poo poo and boring and I'm convinced it's either something I had to be there for when it first came out or all the high review scores are an elaborate prank or something

I believe the demo is still available. Check it out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Finally, the legacy of ff delays has gone on for long enough.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1641758683129344010?t=1_cfMuOBG2QuKKnHy6CuEQ&s=19

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah

Cool

Where are the pixel remasters!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's always very amusing to me when people are like "I am watching someone else play this game and I am bored." Yes, watching someone else play a video game is always boring. That's why Randy Stein was a lovely controller hog back in middle school and why watching streamers play a video game instead of doing it yourself will always be unsatisfying!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It's always very amusing to me when people are like "I am watching someone else play this game and I am bored." Yes, watching someone else play a video game is always boring. That's why Randy Stein was a lovely controller hog back in middle school and why watching streamers play a video game instead of doing it yourself will always be unsatisfying!

That’s not remotely true? Personally I find watching people play games to be very fun! SA invented the let’s play god dangit, obviously people like it!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah

Cool

Been saying all three of these things

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

40 year old looking teenager.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah

Cool

March 31st the preorder email says money will be taken 7 days before release so... next week????

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

40 year old looking teenager.

Thats duke nukem

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah it’s old man yells at cloud as gently caress to have this opinion but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Unless it’s someone doing some kind of absolutely sicknasty 0.0001% skill ceiling game breaking poo poo there is absolutely nothing compelling about watching someone bumble around in a game you could just bumble around yourself.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Depends, if its something with lots of dialouge choice and brancing path poo poo, watching some entertaining stream take options you wouldnt pick is kinda fun. I did just watch max play re2 classic with some insane series randomizer on (randomizes re2 classic with things from... all games even the remakes, cutscenes and voice lines too ) and watching that was tons of fun.

Depends on the game and youre own time

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Having detailed opinions on something you haven't physically played is kinda silly but I've personally watched someone play through a game when the developers decided not to include accessibility options. It's a sub par experience but this isn't as simple as you're making it out to be either.

But for real, gently caress Randy though. My girlfriend has an older brother who's a Randy and because of that she never got interested in games until we started dating. Randies ruin lives people.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 31, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:siren:

Ff14 liveletter was just on for 6.4 and they arw adding a new ocean fishing route in kugane :getin:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ff14 liveletter was just on for 6.4 and they arw adding a new ocean fishing route in kugane :getin:

i missed this, yeah baby

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Frankston posted:

never played the original but the remake is basically a horror action movie and it rocks so :shrug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't play RE4 OG until about 2015 and I thought it was great. The remake is loving fantastic, though it really just complements the original.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Judging how a game plays purely off of a stream seems a bit like judging a meal by watching a mukbang.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I definitely usually don’t find watching other people play games interesting but if I really like the person/find them funny and interesting it can be very good, like Limmy or Tim Rogers or Dogkiller Jones over here.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Dogkiller Jones is my second favourite streamer after Veeg

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I played the demo and it did nothing for me I tell you

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Beat re4 remake. Its alright.

Remake rankings
S+++ remake1

B- remake4
C+ remake3

D- remake2

Full canon series rankings
Re2og
Remake1
Joe Baker dlc
Re3og
Re1og
Rev2
CVX
Remake3
Outbreak file 2
Outbreak file 3
RE: The Stage
3rd cgi movie (the one where leon is john wick)
2nd cgi movie (the one with ada)
DarksideC
UmbrellaC
CVdreamcast
Dino Crisis
First cgi movie (the one in thr airport)
Survivor 1 (the ps1 one)
Nextflix cgi mini series
4og
Remake2
Remake4
Survivor 2 (the one on the boat)
Heavenly island manga
That other manga
Bottomv
Rev1
Zero
Corp

No more questions, thank you for your time.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 31, 2023

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it’s old man yells at cloud as gently caress to have this opinion but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Unless it’s someone doing some kind of absolutely sicknasty 0.0001% skill ceiling game breaking poo poo there is absolutely nothing compelling about watching someone bumble around in a game you could just bumble around yourself.

Agreed. If it’s someone who knows the game inside and out and is going to play it at a level I can’t even imagine myself playing, that’s one thing.

But watching someone else bumble around like a lost idiot because that doesn’t know what they’re doing, that’s not entertaining to me. That’s just my experience playing the game with extra steps.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

didnt rank the PT Anderson films junk list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh man. Dog killer jones. Good lord.