Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im using my American gamepass in Japan, but do you think the friends and family will work overseas too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They'll need a visa

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Turns out gamers won’t leave their house unless there are go go dancers and Duke Nukem lookalikes. :sad:

Nowadays I wouldn't show up unless the go go dancers were also the Duke Nukem lookalikes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Im using my American gamepass in Japan, but do you think the friends and family will work overseas too?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry that was a weird post. I am out of the US with a gamepass as are the other people I'd want to have access to game pass, but in other different countries from me and the US. Is this confusing scenario covered?

Time to buy a new avatar

Barudak fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 31, 2023

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1641788556380372992?t=UuRfNsJqjtlOLzNpdcZq1Q&s=19

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

What a blessed day. More vs.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Snacksmaniac posted:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:bisonyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Snacksmaniac posted:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Sorry that was a weird post. I am out of the US with a gamepass as are the other people I'd want to have access to game pass, but in other different countries from me and the US. Is this confusing scenario covered?

Time to buy a new avatar

I think the Friends and Family thing is locked by country, if that answers your question.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

That's a lot of content for 2 bucks!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i simply need every single game i own installed otherwise when i want to play the random piece of poo poo i haven't touched in 3 years i will get mad that i have to wait for it to download and shut off the xbox in favor of more counter-strike: source

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I can't figure out how to get past the bonus level on VS with all the plants, I play for a while then a grim reaper just shows up and kills me

There are two more levels that are locked after it looks like, I dunno what the deal is.

Don't make me read stuff, game!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
That is beating the stage. Every one does that if you go long enough.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Pirate Captain posted:

That is beating the stage. Every one does that if you go long enough.

Oh weird, how do I unlock the next level then?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

priznat posted:

Oh weird, how do I unlock the next level then?

There’s an option on the main screen called “collection” or something like that, it’s been a while. It has a list of everything you can unlock and how to do it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You usually gotta find and defeat the 'boss' of the prior level. The plant level is a bonus stage. Go back to the library and grind it out

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

You usually gotta find and defeat the 'boss' of the prior level. The plant level is a bonus stage. Go back to the library and grind it out

There's also Bat Country and Tiny Bridge that you need to unlock through the inverse stages

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BAFTA gave VS GOTY... pains me to say it but the Brits got it right

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Barudak posted:

There is virtually no region locking on the XBox - not only do friends and family work between regions, so do game sharing tricks. There's also no "American gamepass" per se: change the region on your console and if you have a gamepass account bought anywhere you can get that region's gamepass library in the rare instances where there are differences between the offerings.

This almost never happens, though - the only difference in libraries I can remember was when the Kingdom Hearts games weren't on the Japanese Gamepass library. I switched to a different region and got them. The other reason I've ever had to switch was because different regions had different SKUs with just the local language, but this is also rare these days and most companies just have one global SKU with language choice through a menu or the system language (which is a different setting from region).

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
How do you guys buy Game Pass? Monthly seems like a ripoff. Are the yearly codes around $40 on ebay a scam?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

RestingB1tchFace posted:

How do you guys buy Game Pass? Monthly seems like a ripoff. Are the yearly codes around $40 on ebay a scam?

I use Microsoft rewards. I'm paid up till November 2024.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I was going to ask what the difference between a Brooks Wingman XB and XB2 was because I gave in and got Taiko no Tatsujin and drums on the switch, but I accidentally won a new XB on eBay for $30 shipped. Is there anything I'm going to be missing out on from the XB2?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Even if you pay like $50-60 for 12 months of gold on CD keys or newegg or whatever and then convert, it's still way cheaper than subbing monthly. Then you can either do the MS rewards points thing, stock up on gamepass codes when they go on sale, or just hope they don't close the loophole in the next 3 years so you can just do the conversion thing again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I pay $15 a month.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Turkish method. 125 dollars for 3 years. I'm locked in til 2025.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Whenever my Game Pass expires I just use MS Rewards points to redeem 3+ months of Gold and 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate to upgrade it all.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Game Pass is such a value that I feel like *I’m* the one ripping off Microsoft!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

If you're using the credit card fraud codes from key resellers then yeah, kinda

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I dunno, I have a rough idea with games that $1 per hour of entertainment is good value. So paying 80 dollarydoos for Elden Ring or RDR2 is fine because I'll get way more than 80 hours out of those. So honestly, $16 AUD for GP Ultimate still just feels like a complete steal - I get way more than 16 hours out of it per month so I'm happy, though I only occasionally buy other games at this point.

I guess if you're strapped for cash or whatever then yeah, I totally get minimising the cost. But it's still insanely good value for money imho

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I autopay monthly. I'd even pay double for what it gets me.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I used to work hard on getting rewarss points each month, but honestly I now pay monthly the regular amount. I'll buy a free month of the rewards go high enough to buy, but otherwise I'm happy with paying the amount it is for the amount of enjoyment I get out of it.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 1, 2023

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I like paying monthly. I want Phil to have some walkin around money.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
wtf Quantum Break is leaving gamepass. I was sure that was going to be a permanant title.

edit: This is Lance Reddick erasure!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a terrible game, MS are doing you a favour

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Terrible Scyfy Channel like cutscenes, the combat is meh, the visuals are stunning, but it has plenty of "walk and talk sections"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

you can also sell your body for gamepass money