Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Mortal Kombat lost to Scream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I voted for Mortal Kombat so my bias showed but I did edit my post

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Oh oops. Yeah hmm maybe oceans then

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I'm still mad that Godzilla didn't win

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Hyped about the Park win. I’m happy with any of the remaining directors but I voted for Wong today since I’ve seen fewer of his films than Bong and the podcast is one of my main ways of filling in blind spots.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Hyped about the Park win. I’m happy with any of the remaining directors but I voted for Wong today since I’ve seen fewer of his films than Bong and the podcast is one of my main ways of filling in blind spots.

I think it's gonna be Park Chan Wook vs. Bong Joon Ho tomorrow. And it's hilarious that from across the bracket, the two South Korean directors are the finalists.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Either one will be an incredible series for sure.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I want Wong just because I got the box set recently. But guess will make good excuse to buy more films of whoever wins

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Bong feels like the obvious pick over Park, he's a legitimate blank check guy (Mickey 17 apparently has a 100M+ budget) and actually having crossover success here in the States gives them a lot more to talk about.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want WKW more than anybody else but you can't go wrong with any of the choices

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Genuinely surprised Park is in the lead

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

morestuff posted:

Genuinely surprised Park is in the lead

probably all my fellow Thirst-heads!

(I voted for Bong because the Host is one of my favorite movies ever)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Voted for Park but excited for either one!

e: holy poo poo it's neck and neck, only 6 votes separating them

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 31, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Bong up by 9~~!

C'mon, everyone vote for Bong!

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Bong ahead by one vote last time I looked. This is mad how close it is.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol this is hilariously close, they should just do both

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I...haven't voted yet. (I voted in brackets I knew, and I voted in Patreon brackets, but not this one, since I don't know the directors.) The only movie I've seen from either is Snowpiercer, which I really enjoyed. But, uh, sell me on who to vote for, since apparently one vote matters?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Park did the Handmaiden which is the best movie of boths filmography

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I...haven't voted yet. (I voted in brackets I knew, and I voted in Patreon brackets, but not this one, since I don't know the directors.) The only movie I've seen from either is Snowpiercer, which I really enjoyed. But, uh, sell me on who to vote for, since apparently one vote matters?

Park Chan Wook, Vengeance trilogy slaps and is weird as hell. Real dang freak stuff.

Honestly both are really great, Bong would have some very interesting career context as an Oscar winner. Both have made many fantastic, fascinating films.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Alright, voted for Park. I'll check whoever wins out before the series starts. (And try to check out whoever doesn't win, as well, but that will take longer.)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Griffin apparently hates Oldboy so now I am super happy no matter who wins (please vote Bong)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

poly and open-minded posted:

Griffin apparently hates Oldboy so now I am super happy no matter who wins (please vote Bong)

I mean, Griffin is a gentle boy and Oldboy is a lot.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It’s a lot of good movie for sure.

I voted for Park because there’s more of his movies that I haven’t seen and I think the only Bong Joon-ho I haven’t seen is Okja and I don’t really want to watch it because it seems Old Yeller style sad

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bong is seven votes in the lead good grief.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
What a tight finish! I knew I should've voted twice.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Glad I voted lol.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thank god

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Por que no los dos?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Holy poo poo lmao. Yeah do em both.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

When they were tied, they posted this.

https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod/status/1642170387017375747?s=46&t=_t3R3O4inwGCyXxW88QslQ

So they’re not doing both.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Finally giving me the excuse to see Stoker.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Imma watch MIB international n get drunk with the two friends

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Welcome to another installment in the “If This Happened to Ben Hosley, It Wouldn’t Have Gone Down Like That” series of films

:getin:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
In the 127 hours episode Griffin stops the podcast to report that he can see his neighbor completely naked, penis fully visible, walking around while eating.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I think he initially talked about that on one of the March Madness episodes. It’s becoming an epic BC saga

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

they're just trying to get more popularity by stealing Friends plotpoints

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I couldn't do it.

Lasted 15 minutes in the film and 15 minutes in the episode. I'm too squeamish.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The last 30 minutes of this movie were exactly as hard to watch as I thought they’d be, which is why I haven’t watched this movie until now. I feel like Danny Boyle is one of only a few filmmakers that can make this material work as a film, it was pretty stunning from a pure craft standpoint. Haven’t heard the episode yet but interested to hear how they feel about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Surprised Nia DaCosta came back for a third go, she always seems confused by the format and the shtick despite apparently being a listener