Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The patch honestly has a ton, new character new enemy types new ascension boss new weekly boss new artifact set new area new mechanics. Very weird that the stream was so abridged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

The patch honestly has a ton, new character new enemy types new ascension boss new weekly boss new artifact set new area new mechanics. Very weird that the stream was so abridged.
They save all the "talking forever before just letting you get to what you want" for quest event text

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

there was barely any info on the new characters and the artifact sets got infodumped during an ad break, what the gently caress lol

I'm trying not to read too much into this but it felt weird to me. maybe i'm just not used to these? I've only began watching the special programs during the Sumeru cycle

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kale posted:

Another new area :lol:. Time to fall even further behind on Sumeru stuff. Maybe I'm not catching up completely before Fontaine after all.

lol same. Guess I'm gonna try to catch up a bit

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Very happy Kaveh is indeed on Baizhu banner. And second half means I can definitely get him. And pre-farm all his mats in the new area without blowing a ton of fragiles to do it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Taear posted:

The amount of purple books you need to get to 90 is a proper pain - is there another way to get them beyond just the tiny amount that you get from the leylines?
As in to reliably farm them.
Leylines as you mentioned are the primary source, but xp books can also drop from your elemental conversion gadget (weekly), bought from your teapot with adepticoins (weekly), bought with stardust (monthly?), bought with starglitter (monthly?), as event rewards, from the daily check-in on the hoyolab website (looks like about 10 instances of them per month), as spiral abyss rewards (biweekly?), and the first paid battlepass track (monthly?).

Personally I've found the paid battlepass track insanely useful for leveling up lots of characters, as it showers you wth xp books, weapon crystals, mora, and skillbooks. I wish they had "prestige" levels or something after finishing up the initial 50 levels that give a bit of mora and/or xp books, etc since it's incredibly easy to finish the entire thing 2+ weeks early.

Rarely they also run "leyline overflows" which give you double the reward for the standard 20resin - these are always worth doing, I'd say they're even worth skipping weekly bosses for if you somehow lack the resin to do both.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

Leylines as you mentioned are the primary source, but xp books can also drop from your elemental conversion gadget (weekly), bought from your teapot with adepticoins (weekly), bought with stardust (monthly?), bought with starglitter (monthly?), as event rewards, from the daily check-in on the hoyolab website (looks like about 10 instances of them per month), as spiral abyss rewards (biweekly?), and the first paid battlepass track (monthly?).

Personally I've found the paid battlepass track insanely useful for leveling up lots of characters, as it showers you wth xp books, weapon crystals, mora, and skillbooks. I wish they had "prestige" levels or something after finishing up the initial 50 levels that give a bit of mora and/or xp books, etc since it's incredibly easy to finish the entire thing 2+ weeks early.

Rarely they also run "leyline overflows" which give you double the reward for the standard 20resin - these are always worth doing, I'd say they're even worth skipping weekly bosses for if you somehow lack the resin to do both.

they only cost 60 resin a day for a week, that's easy to squeeze in considering doing all seven bosses still only needs about two days worth of resin

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

....doing all seven bosses??? you like refining your craftables that much?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gotta roll on that billet chance every time! No I don't use them, why do you ask

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Any day now they'll make another good craftable.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
You'll be sorry when Fontaine brings out a HP% sword.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd make two for sure, one for Layla one for Nilou. Sure would be nice but they'll probably continue the nilou 5* sword scam for at least another year.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Jade Cutter also exists, though it's only 1/4 of the total HP Khaj-Nisut gives.

I am hoping craftables in Fontaine are suitably steampunkish, the wood-themed ones in Sumeru were disappointing - the desert themed weapons used by eremites look way better.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Or do what I do and just work on getting every single character to 70/80, as you wonder what you should do with all these useless unusable crowns that are steadily accumulating. Needs a bit less exp.

The twenty a week from teapot are a steady supply as well.

Eh I've mostly done that
I really want my main team to be 90, three of them are there already.

sushibandit posted:

Yea I've done all that unfortunately.
Leylines just feel so underwhelming I really thought there might be something else

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Taear posted:

Eh I've mostly done that
I really want my main team to be 90, three of them are there already.

Leylines just feel so underwhelming I really thought there might be something else
You get a huge amount of free mora and books by logging in daily and doing events/quests and a ton more by buying every battle pass since the game started. By comparison leylines are extremely stingy. This kind of makes it really hard for newer players to level all the characters they want to level while day 1 players have everyone at 80/90 without much sweat. I don't really know why it's like this tbh.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Taear posted:

I hear you. They do drop a bit more at high WLs but it's still a slog if you're completely out and trying to hit 90/90. What I recommend doing is condensing all your resin for a couple of days so you have the ability to slam through 9-10 total condensed worth of leylines in one session. That at least results in an okay chunk of pages at once.

There's also the option of buying resin, though it's objectively terrible value and you should never do it. I could maybe see spending welkin primos on it daily since that's the most cost-effective way of getting primos, but that's only if you're really desparate to finish off a single character or two to 90/90.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Speaking of level 90s. gently caress you mihoyo, you'll never make me give up freeze. Rip 1k of my purple EXP books.

Pls don't put Cryo heralds and bosses on opposite sides

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Why did my yelan wanderer team have such an easy time with the herald during CARIBERT? Idk what the deal was. It made me think the shield was weak to hydro but wiki says its fully immune (like cryo abyss mages).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 31, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
In my hyperbloom team, pretty much only Kuki could do any significant damage to the shield. Maybe story mode is easier?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm wondering if the hydro app interacts with the cryo shield somehow and lets me double swirl or something. Thats probably total nonsense but whatever I'll try it out again some time.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

sushibandit posted:

There's also the option of buying resin, though it's objectively terrible value and you should never do it. I could maybe see spending welkin primos on it daily since that's the most cost-effective way of getting primos, but that's only if you're really desparate to finish off a single character or two to 90/90.

I've got 40 resin, I mean I could use them but I don't like to do that

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

No Wave posted:

It's just a monday~tuesday routine for me.

Every monday starts with a trip to say hey to my old friend Dvalin, i never travel to monstadt anymore, so its nice, then i beat him up.
Then to pet the dog Andrius, and smack him around.
Then to Zhongli's old friend Azhdaha, and kick him down.
last to Childe, who doesn't have the health i remembered anymore, and basically gets oneshot in every version.

Tuesday is raiden, signore and the new robot =)

It just had to be done, no way around it. I hope they cheapen the resin use doh.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Ugh, Baizhu 2nd half was real. I cry...

No Wave posted:

Yeah.

Taear posted:

I've got 40 resin, I mean I could use them but I don't like to do that

Every journey has it's final day. Don't rush.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I wonder if the Eula fans will forgive the historically long wait for her rerun if she does indeed end up on 2.8 and gets the Lawrence clan memorial swimsuit.

Descar posted:

Every monday starts with a trip to say hey to my old friend Dvalin, i never travel to monstadt anymore, so its nice, then i beat him up.
last to Childe, who doesn't have the health i remembered anymore, and basically gets oneshot in every version.

It just had to be done, no way around it. I hope they cheapen the resin use doh.

When i occasionally end up in Mondstadt I'm reminded of kind of how far the game has come area design wise. Mondstadt is straight up Hyrule basically without much in particular that stands out aside from the city and old Mondstadt. Then you look at the other regions and you can tell they really want these to be some set pieces that will be instantly recognizable as from the Teyvat setting.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 31, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Imagine logging in and logging out from anywhere besides mondstadt.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait I thought you could only get treasure three times a week

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Wait I thought you could only get treasure three times a week

no that's just the discounted 30 resin treasure

you can do the other bosses and claim it for 60 resin a piece

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh gently caress

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Descar posted:

This is my exact routine, although I specifically go Signora, Raiden, then Scara each week.
Depending on what else I need resin for, I often use the resin from the teapot for the last of the bosses.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Ah, guess it's "give up on shenhe o'clock." Shame. Guess I'll just look forward to having a nahida and not using her over ayaka anyway.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Imagine logging in and logging out from anywhere besides mondstadt.

Katherine, the smithy and and the alchemy table are just so conveniently close without having to do any slight platforming!

Plus it's like starting and ending in an Oktoberfest faire every day, without the actual beer smell.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Thinkign of farming that new set to get Xingqiu 2hydro/2hydro for that sweet single-digit damage resist boost (deranged)

The seventh(?) string fates set shall be inherited by... Xinyan? C3 Faruzan? Wow, Genshin kinda has less characters than I thought it did :/

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Anyway, my Ayaka's looking pretty solid. Months of farming, uh huh :smuggo:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

what language is that

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I wonder if we will get the new Tighnari voice actor with 3.6. He wasn't in any of the cutscenes they showed off, but based on the event page he should have a fairly prominent role?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

what language is that

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ugh I wish to obtain both Nilou and Changsheng but that seems unlikely and I'm probably going to want to save up for Fontaine (especially if that leak about the hydro archon's appearance is true)...

I may actually buy a battlepass. Darn you Hoyoverse.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nilou's gameplay is blowing up as frequently as possible, yes???

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

nilou's gameplay is blowing up as frequently as possible, yes???

Bloom Bloom Bakudan