Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

It's almost like there's a saying about a straw breaking something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Personally I love paying for both Spotify and Apple Music.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's almost like there's a saying about a straw breaking something.

those other things have actual value too

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Yeah for those other things, you pay for access to the entertainment, not to be the entertainment.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Holy poo poo, belly laughs. Okay, enjoy yourselves.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Elon, you’re loaded.

Why do you need eight bucks from us?

Relative to U.S. median household income, it would be as if Elon Musk subscribed to a service that cost three hundred and twenty million dollars per year.

If he’s not willing to spend that fraction of his wealth on a subscription, why should anyone else?

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

It's me. I'm the guy subscribed to both Spotify AND Apple Music and also YouTube premium for some sick reason.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Elon, you’re loaded.

Why do you need eight bucks from us?

Relative to U.S. median household income, it would be as if Elon Musk subscribed to a service that cost three hundred and twenty million dollars per year.

If he’s not willing to spend that fraction of his wealth on a subscription, why should anyone else?

He already spent a lot more than that to call himself king shitposter. Guessing misery loves company

downout
Jul 6, 2009

nothing else funny happened after this ;*(

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Donald Trump alive in Serbia

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
except all those streaming services all provide content that not easy to get ? what is the starbucks and bluehair lady ones?

Also what kind of liquid is light enough that it doesnt float a human? also also youtube paid is basically used as an adblocker for mobile devices/non real computer platforms.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PhazonLink posted:

except all those streaming services all provide content that not easy to get ? what is the starbucks and bluehair lady ones?

Money spent on Starbucks coffee and hair dye. It's a stupid meme made by the usual sort terrified of coffee chains and pink hair

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Silly Newbie posted:

Yeah for those other things, you pay for access to the entertainment, not to be the entertainment.

Personally I love paying 8 bucks a month (irrelevant of your home country, the price is the same and it will not change), to be on the receiving end of unending slurs and hatred and eventually doxxed. Don't you?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PhazonLink posted:

Also what kind of liquid is light enough that it doesnt float a human? also also youtube paid is basically used as an adblocker for mobile devices/non real computer platforms.

I think it's meant to be the old saw about how "young people spend twelvey codrillion bucks every day at Starbucks on avocado mocha espressocinos blah blah blah".

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Will admit to lolling at the Schwarzkopf Live. $12 seems a lot though, you can get it for £5.49 in B and M here

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

drat, feels kind of misleading to call that adoption and/or fostering.

More adoption involved people with money paying for kidnapped kids than you might like to know.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

why should i pay for :eightbux: when i can just build my own shame cube

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

PhazonLink posted:

Also what kind of liquid is light enough that it doesnt float a human?

Water??

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

He's never taken a bath.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arivia posted:

Hell of a way to guarantee he couldn’t get fired by lowtax and it didn’t even work.

At least one thing that was fired by lowtax performed exactly to expectations

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PetraCore posted:

Wasn't Radium also dealing with addiction and thus not necessarily writing code fully sober, too? Like, I can't imagine that helps later comprehension.

Lowtax said that supposedly radium kept telling him to only contact him on increasingly obscure forms of communication in response to anything

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lowtax said that supposedly radium kept telling him to only contact him on increasingly obscure forms of communication in response to anything

chad move in response to being asked to work, tbh

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

1) lol
2) this is going to quickly be an outdated name

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Okay but like, Starbucks is half that volume. I don't want to sound like a boomer, but kid cut out the pumpkin spice lattes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually don't think I have ever paid for any of those things.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

credburn posted:

Okay but like, Starbucks is half that volume. I don't want to sound like a boomer, but kid cut out the pumpkin spice lattes

like, even if you think Starbucks is overpriced, at least you are getting something for your money.

Paying for Twitter gets you nothing

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
brass neck of the year award nominee:

https://twitter.com/uklabour/status/1641689281617088512

it’s not even 24 hours since Keith said it’s worrying that some schools aren’t outing trans kids to their parents

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

kazil posted:

like, even if you think Starbucks is overpriced, at least you are getting something for your money.

That's not true. You're paying for accelerated brain damage

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You can get that for cheap by hitting yourself in the head with a big hammer

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

World's most oppressed billionaire.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Maybe I can be in the MLB, I poo poo every day.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Philippe posted:

You can get that for cheap by hitting yourself in the head with a big hammer

Typical millennials, wasting money on something they could do at home for a tenth thr cost.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The Sean posted:

Maybe I can be in the MLB, I poo poo every day.
The Majorly Loose Bowels are always looking for new recruits!

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Where is this person getting the idea that people are balking at paying $8/mo for twitter because they can't afford $8/mo? People are balking because we all recognize that twitter is poo poo and most people have to much self respect to pay for poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

kazil posted:

Sipping a sweet, happiness-inducing beverage that's gone way too soon is precisely the opposite experience Twitter gives you

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nebrilos posted:

Where is this person getting the idea that people are balking at paying $8/mo for twitter because they can't afford $8/mo? People are balking because we all recognize that twitter is poo poo and most people have to much self respect to pay for poo poo.

Lmao ur poor

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/Chilis/status/1641823079046209537

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/elliottgray/status/1641646882396184576?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

A Reddit post about a trashy reality show posted:

I’m not saying it’s NOT bad, I just get so confused when the girls are so disgusted by someone spitting on someone else. Like…. they act like they’d rather be punched than spit on. Even on other TV shows, I’ve seen people expect a full length apology for being spit on.

Can someone explain why spitting is seen as a really disgusting thing to do? I don’t really understand it.

EDIT: I should mention that I’ve never been in a fight or even an altercation in my life. Nor have I ever spit. I just really don’t understand it. Id rather been spit on than punched in the face lol.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Twitter Blue is just findom for poor people.