Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

madeintaipei posted:

Yo! I again offer my services as the place where beer goes to die. I will, quite literally, work for beer.

Careful! Or you'll end up on the packaging line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Careful, whoever you put in touch with Batudak is likely to get sucked into providing a lifetime supply of -1000000 liters of beer. Do you have what it takes to make negative beer?

My friend I have decades of experience manufacturing negative beer. I can provide a resume and references if needed.

edit: for example, see my av text. That was rewarded for manufacturing quite a bit of negative beer one night. I believe I may have also manufactured some negative whisky as well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Just putting this here for the brewing types and so maybe Barudak can take it to his bosses and ask "Do we really want to be this kind of sad wanker?"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Just putting this here for the brewing types and so maybe Barudak can take it to his bosses and ask "Do we really want to be this kind of sad wanker?"

JFC...

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

A hundo for standard lager. Tesla stans are something else.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the Cyberhops.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Should've called it Cyberdunkel 2077

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

Should've called it Cyberdunkel 2077

It does look like a model that would be used for random background poo poo like bottles in a bar or in a gutter in that game.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

goatface posted:

I think the most incredible part of this is how readily it demonstrates that there’s nobody left at Tesla who can tell Elon “no”.

You just know he kramered into some meeting being run by actual adults interested in producing automobiles and went “Hey guys, I loving love beer, why don’t we make a Tesla beer?”, and everyone in the room nervously looked around at each other before going, “Yes sir, Mr. Musk, you are a genius.”

Meanwhile, over in Legal, the lawyer who will inevitably end up defending the company after someone gets drunk on Tesla beer and drives their Tesla car into a school bus full of orphans (which the FSD system thought was a hat) feels a chill run down their spine.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Blue Moonlight posted:

I think the most incredible part of this is how readily it demonstrates that there’s nobody left at Tesla who can tell Elon “no”.

You just know he kramered into some meeting being run by actual adults interested in producing automobiles and went “Hey guys, I loving love beer, why don’t we make a Tesla beer?”, and everyone in the room nervously looked around at each other before going, “Yes sir, Mr. Musk, you are a genius.”

Meanwhile, over in Legal, the lawyer who will inevitably end up defending the company after someone gets drunk on Tesla beer and drives their Tesla car into a school bus full of orphans (which the FSD system thought was a hat) feels a chill run down their spine.

Given the alcoholism rates for lawyers combined with having Elon Musk as a client, I suspect they aren't sober enough to give a poo poo anymore.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Lawyers could give a poo poo as long as your check clears when the bill comes.

This wouldn't apply to in-house council though, poor bastards.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
You gotta appreciate the supercar brand level of grift. You put some beer in a special bottle, name it for you brand, and proceed to sell it for eye popping prices. Barely any effort, huge return on investment.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's the gamer girl bath water of beers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Gamer Gurl Bath Beer

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
TIL the reason one vendor has been dragging their feet doing anything for us is because they walked out the one person who did any work

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Jesus gently caress, at least the brewery I worked at in Denmark, when they brewed one of the world's most expensive beers at the time, used actual saffron and put it in custom-made crystal bottles before my boss there burned down the barn that had all the unsold bottles for the insurance money.

RocketMermaid fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 1, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Print it out at home. If you have an office nemesis, print it out using their office computer.

A wile ago me and a coworker were talking about VISAs, and the kid we worked with asked if we meant Visa, the credit card company. We were not

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RocketMermaid posted:

Jesus gently caress, at least the brewery I worked at in Denmark, when they brewed one of the world's most expensive beers at the time, used actual saffron and put it in custom-made crystal bottles before my boss there burned down the barn that had all the unsold bottles for the insurance money.

Jesus.

Yeah. Like I'd never pay that much for an oude geuze like some people do, but that at least makes some sort of sense to me. But for a lager?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Buring things down and running off with the insurance money. That's bad, right? Like we that's a thing we shouldn't do? Just checking hahaha

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

thepopmonster posted:

All it needs is bad vibes and to be unpleasant to be around.

I tried this but it's brought up as a negative at review time :(

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Welp, we’re on 60 hour weeks till the end of April. The things I do so people can stream high-res hentai to their phones.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

TaurusTorus posted:

Welp, we’re on 60 hour weeks till the end of April. The things I do so people can stream high-res hentai to their phones.

Are fabs working OT again?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Are fabs working OT again?

End of our quarter and all are part shortages were solved in the same week, we gotta push out 3 months of backlog before May.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

My coworkers would salute you for your service if they had a free hand

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The entirety of utility vegetation management is a guy who works with trees explaining to a person who has only ever worked with power lines and power generation that trees do in fact, grow, and it will in fact, cost a shitload more money to fix a NERC line if it flashs over a tree then it will to just trim the tree.

Literally every other cycle, some genius at every utility looks at the balance sheet and decides that the triangle choice of "scope, cost, time" can be solved by just stuffing your fingers in your ears and shouting lalalalalala. Two cycles pass and then that somewhat older genius discovers that unfucking thousands of miles of lines with emergency tree work is ludicrously, mind boggling expensive.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looking like I may be able to start going to the general manager for things I need instead of having to rely on the old system of having to constantly remind the restaurant manager that I need something while he puts it off/forgets it for several days. Good thing, because there's no way I'd be able to do inventory from the US.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 3, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A Festivus Miracle posted:

The entirety of utility vegetation management is a guy who works with trees explaining to a person who has only ever worked with power lines and power generation that trees do in fact, grow, and it will in fact, cost a shitload more money to fix a NERC line if it flashs over a tree then it will to just trim the tree.

Literally every other cycle, some genius at every utility looks at the balance sheet and decides that the triangle choice of "scope, cost, time" can be solved by just stuffing your fingers in your ears and shouting lalalalalala. Two cycles pass and then that somewhat older genius discovers that unfucking thousands of miles of lines with emergency tree work is ludicrously, mind boggling expensive.

lmao yeah no utility likes paying for vegetation management. I saw an A&M team put a ML model to use for predicting where vegetation maintenance was needed and when it would cause a problem. According to those researchers & students, it was remarkably accurate.
Let's see if they do something with this!

lol

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I just ran into my favorite situation, explaining our dumb processes to somebody whose first language isn’t English. First they assume that there must have been a mistake in communication, it couldn’t possibly be the dumb way I said it was. We go back and forth with me finding other ways to phrase “pneumatic manifold adapters are not available in this entire building.”

You may have two doctorates, but you still have to learn nano-gallons. :downs:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

TaurusTorus posted:

You may have two doctorates, but you still have to learn nano-gallons. :downs:

The first time someone explained Rankine to me I thought they were doing a bit, and here you are with your nanogallons...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I refuse to engage with a reality where nano-gallons are part of it

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

How many nano gallons to a tactical barrel?

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

The railroad industry must be making money hand over fist because the amount of stupid, EXPENSIVE poo poo they do every goddamn day is mind-boggling.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Barudak posted:

I refuse to engage with a reality where nano-gallons are part of it

But nano gallons are easier to understand by feel, maaaaaan!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hi! Do you live/work anywhere around Austin, Texas?

You know where residents bitched, whined, moaned any time the utility people sent tree trimmers out to the point the utility folks and tree trimmers threw up their hands and said "Fine! You don't get to bitch when they all fall on the power lines at once!" And then we had a major ice storm where, wouldn't you know it, years of untrimmed branches fell on power lines, knocking the Austin grid offline longer than most anywhere else hit? All while the utilities and tree trimming companies laughed their asses off and asked "So how important is the feel of your neighborhood now that you don't have heating or electronic entertainment in sub-freezing weather?"

Grew up there and now live just south and it was hilarious watching those NIMBY assholes choke on the mess they'd ignored.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

All roads lead to heli-saws.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I'm pretty sure there's a version of this in every industry.

And it's never, EVER not hilarious watching someone find out that regularly scheduled, routine work costs $totally_reasonable while emergency work that bumps the scheduled poo poo costs $HOLY_FUCK

Another version of this: previous employers calling you back in to do something that you straight up told them needed to be done before you left. It's been documentation for me in the past. Like, you had me before at $wage, if you'd asked me a week later you could have had me at my reasonable $consulting_fee that's not that much more than what I was being paid, but now you're asking me to come in RIGHT THE gently caress NOW because of an audit or some poo poo (which has been scheduled for months) so hey, now you get to pay me $emergency_consulting_fee.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a version of this in every industry.

Another version of this: previous employers calling you back in to do something that you straight up told them needed to be done before you left. It's been documentation for me in the past. Like, you had me before at $wage, if you'd asked me a week later you could have had me at my reasonable $consulting_fee that's not that much more than what I was being paid, but now you're asking me to come in RIGHT THE gently caress NOW because of an audit or some poo poo (which has been scheduled for months) so hey, now you get to pay me $emergency_consulting_fee.

Can confirm, in academic labs one of the big ones I always dealt with was prior ultralow freezer maintenance. Why defrost a freezer regularly when you can just, uh, wait for it to fail then buy a newer, shittier one!!

I also dedicated an entire week before I left my previous job to transfer and knowledge that needed to be transferred. Literally no one asked me anything.

I then got emails up to 4 months after I left from a previous coworker asking me about stuff, including something that happened a loving year before I left.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TaurusTorus posted:

Thank you

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Can confirm, in academic labs one of the big ones I always dealt with was prior ultralow freezer maintenance. Why defrost a freezer regularly when you can just, uh, wait for it to fail then buy a newer, shittier one!!

I also dedicated an entire week before I left my previous job to transfer and knowledge that needed to be transferred. Literally no one asked me anything.

I then got emails up to 4 months after I left from a previous coworker asking me about stuff, including something that happened a loving year before I left.

One of the best feelings in my life - right up there with my wedding - was when a lovely boss I'd had who poo poo on my attempts to organize our documentation every chance he could called me two months after I left to ask where something was.

The best part was the job had been criminally under-paid and I loving know it killed him to authorize my (quite reasonable) consulting fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Alkydere posted:

Hi! Do you live/work anywhere around Austin, Texas?

You know where residents bitched, whined, moaned any time the utility people sent tree trimmers out to the point the utility folks and tree trimmers threw up their hands and said "Fine! You don't get to bitch when they all fall on the power lines at once!" And then we had a major ice storm where, wouldn't you know it, years of untrimmed branches fell on power lines, knocking the Austin grid offline longer than most anywhere else hit? All while the utilities and tree trimming companies laughed their asses off and asked "So how important is the feel of your neighborhood now that you don't have heating or electronic entertainment in sub-freezing weather?"

Grew up there and now live just south and it was hilarious watching those NIMBY assholes choke on the mess they'd ignored.

The year before Sandy hit the Northeast there was a massive freak snowstorm in October, still early enough in the season to have green leaves on a number of trees and caused a bunch of outages and damage. In the summer we got hit with Irene and had an even worse time where people were without power for over a month due to the number of downed trees. Everyone got mad at the government and the private companies that managed the power lines and so there was a big panel and report in Connecticut, which got hit incredibly hard, to determine what caused this and how to fix it before the next year. The number one recommendation was to go all out on tree removals as we had one of the thickest tree canopies in the country and having lines and branches colliding with each other in even mild winds is pretty common.

By the time the power companies were trying to clear trees and trim branches people had somehow forgotten about what happened the previous year and were refusing to let the companies and state do any trimming because those were THEIR trees and no one was going to cut THEIR TREES! So Sandy comes in and the rural parts of the state were without power for a week or two and people complained yet again that the state/power companies needed to do something to keep this from happening. And again, newspaper articles and local TV stories about people fighting those entities on THEIR TREES are popping up in the spring.