Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

First thing I do is hire the closest one of I have the bars

They're really handy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
They’re a double edged sword, you can bait out people but someone can also track where you are with them.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've found the people that do that early in the game are trash, and easy pickings

Late in the game, I think it's more if an advantage than not

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I hired the sniper in the small castle-under-construction on the upper left of the map (#1 DROP SPOT DO NOT STEAL) without realizing he'd ping enemies and we had a great game together. Got lucky with augments and hiked over to one of the snow towers, then sat on top of it sniping dudes or hitting them with the sword and knocking them off to their deaths.

Probably the most fun I've had this season.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My #1 drop spot is that wee island south of mega city

At least 1 decent gun, katana, hang about a few mins and hopefully get a the key augment then a proper gun

Has anyone tried farming that creator Lantern island thing? It's dog poo poo, I dunno why it's being promoted so heavily

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I tried it yesterday, and couldn't do much since all the booths said they open in 6+ days. And there was some puzzle chamber that had something about palm trees and a camel. The hint thing just said to go to someone's twitter. And I'm not doing that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Amphigory posted:

My #1 drop spot is that wee island south of mega city

At least 1 decent gun, katana, hang about a few mins and hopefully get a the key augment then a proper gun

Has anyone tried farming that creator Lantern island thing? It's dog poo poo, I dunno why it's being promoted so heavily

They just have fun little events to earn quest exp and couple of items from time to time.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Amphigory posted:

It's nowhere near as bad as the drat Witcher maps. It's a weird little minigame carnival, too bad most of it isn't up for a couple weeks. What's there isn't difficult to do or even particularly tedious so I appreciate that a lot, as far as these creative map quests go.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

See, I'm still pretty new to all this so expected something a bit better, and more polished

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Amphigory posted:

See, I'm still pretty new to all this so expected something a bit better, and more polished

A lot of the creative map stuff is built by groups of players who are contracted to create and design these maps in creative mode. One of the hopes of creative 2.0 was these modes become more stable. That has not materialized.

UEFN release was a bit of a wet fart after having been built up for a year and a half. The bits that have leaked out of the creative groups that I've gathered makes me think a lot of the maps they wanted to rollout for creative 2.0 have to be scaled back still. Nobody knew about the memory cap for fortnite stuff.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

behold..... the power of unreal engine 5 :pcgaming:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Is the UEFN stuff in game right now pretty bad? I haven't tried it because I don't typically dip into creative. It just got a public release so presumably the creators were contracted and the map worked on long before UEFN was there.

e: ^^^ lol yeah I hadn't logged in for a couple days and was getting high framerates in this creative map and couldn't figure out why. i'd just temporarily forgot that non-UEFN creative maps all get the old renderer with no lumen or nanite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

parasyte posted:

Is the UEFN stuff in game right now pretty bad? I haven't tried it because I don't typically dip into creative. It just got a public release so presumably the creators were contracted and the map worked on long before UEFN was there.

Yeah most had early access to UEFN then the day UEFN became publicly available and everyone was supposed to roll out a map they couldn't due to memory size. Epic allows UEFN memory usage of 400k, but fortnite only allows 120k. Everyone thought fortnite maps would be a lot higher so tons of maps were designed with that in mind and had to be reworked. Now we have these massive unstable maps with no detail instead of tiny unstable maps with detail.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Amphigory posted:

There are too many sweaty players for the arena challenges, at least people would trade wins on the bike race.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh yeah and epic didn't bother to tell anyone what they could and couldn't build before release so that scuttled s bunch of projects lol

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

DE_Rats was remade: https://www.fortnite.com/creative/island-codes/2810-9612-6569

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Awesome. This was my favorite map like 20 years ago.

Edit: oh man. I can't wait for blood gulch and midship

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I finally got a chance to dig into the new season and drat Mega City is really well done.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Lot of dance emotes are back on the store again. Had to grab pump up the jam and got the griddy one for the memes

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Got two victory royale's back to back in no build solo's

so gunna bow out for the night and just watch some movies.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
My #1 drop spot is the docks at this top middle of the map. Something like 7 chest spawns, slurp truck, decent floor loot, fishing spawns, motorcycle and truck. Solos or duos it's one of my favorite places and far away from the sweaty city. Leaves me in a good position to kill whoever won brutal Bastian and the pads give good mobility to get out of the north.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Still zero solo wins, I think the game stopped giving me mercy wins every 30 losses.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is there a current discord for this? Would be good to play with some goons..

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

KingShiro posted:

Still zero solo wins, I think the game stopped giving me mercy wins every 30 losses.

I keep getting in the top 3, with between 7 and 10 kills, but am really struggling with the last 2 people each time

Only 2 victory royales this season

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Not really. Some were using the Marvel Elite Gamer discord to ping for Fortnite, but the actual Fortnite discord is dead.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Amphigory posted:

I keep getting in the top 3, with between 7 and 10 kills, but am really struggling with the last 2 people each time

Only 2 victory royales this season

oh yeah i feel this

my favorite #3 so far was getting outgunned, then the grenade buddy avenged my death and some dude hiding in a corner got the crown by default

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It has been a sweaty season so far. All my wins are duos thus far.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

for sure, i've had some nailbiters lately.

Amphigory posted:

Is there a current discord for this? Would be good to play with some goons..

same, but i work weird hours so i usually play mornings PST. (feel free to add Emo Szyslak on epic and/or xbox)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Added! I'm in the UK at it might line up?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ok I have no loving clue what I'm doing . But let's try this

https://discord.gg/aWsRrxM2

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Solo seems to just come down to whoever gets the pulse rifle. That thing needs nerfed bad

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Solo seems to just come down to whoever gets the pulse rifle. That thing needs nerfed bad

Teams are pretty much that too. You either die at the island fighting over the pulse rifle or die by the pulse rifle later.

The exception is if my team gets the pulse rifle. Then we all die to one dude with a grey pistol.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pulse rifle makes sense. Combat shotgun spamming, does not. That’s what needs to get nerfed. Bad players pick it up.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

RodShaft posted:

The exception is if my team gets the pulse rifle. Then we all die to one dude with a grey pistol.

This is me.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

11 elims and second place - loving BASTARD

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Amphigory posted:

11 elims and second place - loving BASTARD

Did that with ten last month :v:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

sweatiest match of my life: ten kills, most of which were back-to-back at the end as dudes tried to pick me off after fights in the last circles, then a hairy duel at the end

got that crown tho :toot:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

LionArcher posted:

Pulse rifle makes sense. Combat shotgun spamming, does not. That’s what needs to get nerfed. Bad players pick it up.

I like the combat shotgun but I've never bothered carrying more than one.

In general you shouldn't be able to carry multiples of the same gun.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Do you just fire then switch to the same weapon type and it's faster than just firing with the same gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RodShaft posted:

Do you just fire then switch to the same weapon type and it's faster than just firing with the same gun?

It's certainly faster than reloading