Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Roseanne has always been mentally "unwell." She was institutionalized as a child and while standards and medicine have changed, I'm sure the "cures" just made her issues worse. The alcohol abuse is definitely not helping though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Roseanne has always been mentally "unwell." She was institutionalized as a child and while standards and medicine have changed, I'm sure the "cures" just made her issues worse. The alcohol abuse is definitely not helping though.

Sure but listening to her in this most recent KF, she is really sounding rough these days.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

rotinaj posted:

Roseanne’s brain has taken some serious fuckin’ alcohol damage, huh

Hard to say about actual damage. I'd want to hear her sober first, she was pretty thoroughly sloshed for dealing with good old Jones.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
can someone give me an over/under as to how bad this anti abortion activist is? it’s one of the few types of guests that’ll get me screaming angry….even if nearly two decades ago.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

teen witch posted:

can someone give me an over/under as to how bad this anti abortion activist is? it’s one of the few types of guests that’ll get me screaming angry….even if nearly two decades ago.

His rhetoric on the show isn't much worse than anything Alex has said past or present, but Dan talks about what he did after 2004, and uh, it's not good. If you need to avoid for your peace of mind, I would, you won't miss much

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm currently listening to the episode about the documentary on Alex Alex's War.

I just read about how the producer was trying to get Alex to do it by laying it as a win against his enemies and pure propaganda.

Did that doc do well? I know the point was to infect ppl putside of his orbit with his bullshit.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DJ Danarchy posted some links for all of the different versions of the theme song on reddit

RE: the anti-abortion activist in #787: January 23, 2004:

It's regarding Operation Rescue/Operation Rescue West who got all up in arms about getting charged with a misdemeanor for their "Truth Truck" with anti-abortion pictures on it (you know the ones) in a place that had banned moving billboards and was later dropped. The guest is Troy Newman, who took over in 1999. The organization has a direct connection to the murder of George Tiller in 2009 and had been definitely encouraging stochastic terrorism in that regard since at least 1991. Tiller's clinic was first firebombed in 1986, the year Operation Rescue was founded.

quote:

When Scott Roeder, who murdered Tiller in 2009, was interviewed by Amanda Robb of Ms. magazine, Roeder said he had met Newman and discussed using violence to stop abortion; "something like if an abortionist—I don't even know if it was specifically Tiller …was shot, would it be justified?… And [Newman] said, "If it were, it wouldn't upset me." Roeder owned a hand-signed copy of Newman's 2000 book.

There is a very small and funny silver lining:

quote:

On September 29, 2015, Newman had his Australian visa canceled by Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. Newman was due to speak at a number of anti-abortion events across Australia throughout October. Newman defied Australian authorities and entered the country without a valid visa. This caused him to be detained upon arrival and held at the Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre. On October 3, a High Court bid to overturn the cancelling of his visa was rejected, and Newman was deported back to the United States. Newman abandoned a bid to challenge the ruling.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 20, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ah those fuckfaces! Ok, a known variable, so I think I can go with the episode. There are a few antiabortion types that irritate me to the point where I need to scream into a pillow, so I’m always a tich more cautious

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

As I'm continuing from the beginning, during the course of #97 (October 25, 2017) Dan brings up that the state of healthcare will lead to new diseases, and then also around 20 minutes in mentions "sheep-dipped" (in regards to Timothy McVeigh) lmao

stringless fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 22, 2023

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Lol I saw some literal "researching in my mind" thinking on these forums and thought of Alex

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Content Warning: Alex's bleeding, possibly broken nose.

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1638387981093601280

I'm curious what the guys will think. This seems like something Dan may dismiss as theatrics

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat. Every time I see him his face is redder and more bloated than the previous. That massive alcoholism is really starting to bite.He looks like he could stroke out from a stiff breeze.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Omega Gammon-rear end guy.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Content Warning: Alex's bleeding, possibly broken nose.

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1638387981093601280

I'm curious what the guys will think. This seems like something Dan may dismiss as theatrics

Looks a lot more like he got a small scratch on his nose than anything broken, doesn't appear to be any blood coming from inside the nostrils at all, no swelling, and he keeps squishing his nose with his hand

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
alex jones practicing the time-honored tradition of blading, to fulfill Dan’s rasslin’ fandom

Red makes green

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Just got around to listening to the Infowars Rosanne interview and holy poo poo I don't think I've ever heard such word salad, just complete unbroken ramblings I can barely listen to it. Right at the start of the interview at 52 mins in the episode. :catstare:

Rosanne: "I wrote that book [Rosannarchy] ... where I talk about how to deprogram kids from that Harry Potter bullshit and went on Oprah and sucked her rear end and it only sold 5000 copies"

...what

Rosanne: "I wanted to say that the real reason that Satan was invented, is because in the upper court of God, guess who the prosecuting attorney turns out to be? .......SATAN!!"

Jordan: "Get the poo poo out of here."

:lol:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 23, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
FYI she had a TBI in her teens and apparently it drastically changed her behavior.

Like there is a lot going on with her, which loving sucks, I dug her when I was younger. But she isn’t doing as well as she used to be doing and that Alexander Jomes is not helping.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Mercury_Storm posted:

Just got around to listening to the Infowars Rosanne interview and holy poo poo I don't think I've ever heard such word salad, just complete unbroken ramblings I can barely listen to it. Right at the start of the interview at 52 mins in the episode. :catstare:

Rosanne: "I wrote that book [Rosannarchy] ... where I talk about how to deprogram kids from that Harry Potter bullshit and went on Oprah and sucked her rear end and it only sold 5000 copies"

...what

Rosanne: "I wanted to say that the real reason that Satan was invented, is because in the upper court of God, guess who the prosecuting attorney turns out to be? .......SATAN!!"

Jordan: "Get the poo poo out of here."

:lol:

Have you listened to the Court of Heaven episode? While the pastor speaks without slurring, it's full of the same insane ramblings.

edit:https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/596-possibly-too-wacky

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

teen witch posted:

FYI she had a TBI in her teens and apparently it drastically changed her behavior.

Like there is a lot going on with her, which loving sucks, I dug her when I was younger. But she isn’t doing as well as she used to be doing and that Alexander Jomes is not helping.

They were both really quick to bust out the booze and start celebrating. I didn't get the vibe in this specific interview that she was having any kind of brain damage or whatever, she just came off as pretty deep in a bottle right from the start and going deeper throughout.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

She was not bad in the 90s, and her show was surprisingly good. I think now this is more just the pineapple plantation lifestyle allowing her to take it easy.

Real, real easy.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

In a very niche example of why Dan is the researcher and Jordan isn't :

Bluegrass actually has a shitload of jazz influence in it and has from the start, and it's a well the genre's been going back to forever. To the point that acoustic jazz musicians and bluegrass musicians are often the same people.

Like this is a hundred year old bluegrass standard you're just expected to know : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4POsZ4KHYU

(Yes, I know I'm being very silly and I'm not actually taking this seriously.)

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Have you listened to the Court of Heaven episode? While the pastor speaks without slurring, it's full of the same insane ramblings.

edit:https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/596-possibly-too-wacky

Thanks so much for this, I love the Bakker episodes and hadn't found that one yet. :)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So does anyone know what silent film they were actually talking about? Because now I'm curious.

Ardship of Cambry
Oct 22, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

So does anyone know what silent film they were actually talking about? Because now I'm curious.

Sounded like Metropolis to me. But if so, they're totally missing the point of the Mammon stuff since that that was about sacrificing workers to the machine of capitalism/progress. Alex is an olympic-level misunderstander of fiction though so who knows.

edit: i guess that was moloch, which has the boheman-grove connection anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZpaWOLjWx0

Ardship of Cambry fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 28, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I know Dan's been actively avoiding current-day Alex and I really hope that trend continues for the near future.

Alex probably won't say anything that he hasn't already said before concerning the details of the latest shooting, but I'm not in the mood for it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

I know Dan's been actively avoiding current-day Alex and I really hope that trend continues for the near future.

Alex probably won't say anything that he hasn't already said before concerning the details of the latest shooting, but I'm not in the mood for it

Oh he is gonna go on an anti-trans rant for a week straight

I also hope that dan does not bother with these episodes

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Even by the standards of Alex Jones, current day Alex is so transparently desperate for attention that ignoring him is best for everyone

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I'd imagine the hard part of modern day Alex is looking for all the times when he inevitably starts telling on himself about all the bankruptcy fraud he's currently committing. That's the stuff one wants to look for, but you have to wade through so much muck to find it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I know a lot of Americans are probably going to be overwhelmed with Trump poo poo in the next few days, but boy am I looking forward to Monday's episode as a non-American to see Dan and Jordan's take on Alex's take of Trump's indictment.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Having a feeling that todays episode is going to be Alex at his worse: c/d? I can’t deal with his transphobia anymore

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

teen witch posted:

Having a feeling that todays episode is going to be Alex at his worse: c/d? I can’t deal with his transphobia anymore

Yeah, it was awful. I spent the episode just constantly muttering "go gently caress yourself Alex" to myself.

especially during the Blair White discussion where Alex was totally fine with her being trans. Obviously because of her ticking the "she's one of the good ones" box for Alex, but also because she's hot and "passes"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I honestly think the only variable in Alex choosing to back Trump or Desantis is how well they are polling and I keep reading headlines out of CPAC and poo poo about how Trump is still far and away the guy for the republican base.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Tree Dude posted:

I honestly think the only variable in Alex choosing to back Trump or Desantis is how well they are polling and I keep reading headlines out of CPAC and poo poo about how Trump is still far and away the guy for the republican base.

Well duh

Side note: a friend of mine was saying recently how they had a brother who was talking a bunch about Klaus Schwab and of course it's impossible for me to hear that name in any voice but Alex Joneses. I don't even know who Klaus Schwab is really, just that he's catnip for the conspiracy set. When did Alex start focusing so hard on him?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Okay, sure, obvious but Dan and Jordan kept coming up with a bunch of other reasons Alex would choose Trump over anyone else.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

twerking on the railroad posted:

Well duh

Side note: a friend of mine was saying recently how they had a brother who was talking a bunch about Klaus Schwab and of course it's impossible for me to hear that name in any voice but Alex Joneses. I don't even know who Klaus Schwab is really, just that he's catnip for the conspiracy set. When did Alex start focusing so hard on him?

If I had to guess, Soros was getting stale

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Update on Alex's stance on historical kings: not a fan of the Frankish descendants of Clovis I, thinks they're tied to illuminati and satanists

This information comes to us thanks to his review of the movie Matrix Reloaded

Mauser fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 2, 2023

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yeah, I skipped the most recent episode. I think I have a high tolerance for this stuff, but I don't need to hear Alex go on transphobic rants.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He plays the footage of the Nashville shooter getting taken out by the cops like four times. It's naked bloodlust and I don't blame anyone for skipping it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
The new Wacky Wednesday theme should be Alex's movie reviews. There has to be meat on that bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Jordan's response to each guess Alex is having on this episode is :discourse:

also very glad Dan didn't have to worry about Uncle Howdy this past weekend.