Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Oldest Man posted:

He hosed that mushroom

last of us part 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
But you gently caress one mushroom!

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Oh you love karl marx then i guess you love the stock market

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
RIP to a poster

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1641942281933520897?t=2BSCcIbxv05xYWjy4MhEIA&s=19

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dude got mind controlled by a computer program wrote in 1964

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

dr sbaitso can't keep getting away with this!

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Owlbear Camus posted:

Lmao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Canada looking into this

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Koirhor posted:

Canada looking into this

Can't spell MAID without AI!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Well I'm not a mycologist so I should be fine

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

if only he had been posting in this thread instead, where killing yourself is against the rules.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

do you think the indian dude spread the fungus spores to other people

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

So, a silver-hair contacting silver leaf disease. Shouldn't have left his sapwood exposed.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Killing yourself to save the environment is a poor use of resources considering what it took to grow you.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

BRJurgis posted:

Killing yourself to save the environment is a poor use of resources considering what it took to grow you.

never seen someone make an emergy argument before

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

BRJurgis posted:

Sunk cost fallacy

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I had an Eliza chat bot on my bbs in the 90s, the only person it ever fooled was some drunk girl who wanted to party with the bot.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1641947259075022851

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

okay who is this person?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

shoe is a grifter

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

is that that boxxy lady?

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

toggle posted:

is that that boxxy lady?

No, just a clone

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/01/slipping-through-our-fingers-new-zealand-scientists-distraught-at-scale-of-glacier-loss

Seems fine

E) posted wrong link

Radical 90s Wizard has issued a correction as of 12:40 on Apr 1, 2023

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Hubbert posted:

Can't spell MAID without AI!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

CODChimera posted:

okay who is this person?

Italian

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

She’s correct. Not having a child won’t stop climate change. It will however, prevent a child from having to go through the climate collapse.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Owlbear Camus posted:

quoting this cuz my name obligates it

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
my man sbaits getting a patient to kill them self's could be so far as a PARITY ERR

Parity warning has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Apr 2, 2023

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hey. kid. over here.

wanna see a tree cum

https://twitter.com/Ecology_Aus/status/1640969204764639233

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/BenFranta/status/1642577239832182784?t=grTyYOwqmjW8x5yi2JvYqg&s=19

Rest of the thread is really interesting too

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

From the full report

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
alot going on here https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/long-dormant-lake-reappeared-california-bringing-havoc-rcna75942

quote:

In the farming communities that dot the historic lake bed, accusations of sabotaged levees, frantic efforts to patch breached banks and feuds — common occurrences during flood fights in the area — have started already, said Matt Hurley, a former water manager for several water districts in the Tulare Basin.

In the nearby town of Allensworth last month, a dispute over a culvert caused anxiety and friction with the railroad that sends trains through town. Residents worked into the night to plug a culvert — a drain under Highway 43 — with plywood and sandbags in a desperate effort to keep floodwater out of town.

But later that night, workers with the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad unblocked the pipe, which left some Allensworth residents fuming as water flowed closer.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2yVP3ilCM

i thought this was funny cuz its like the boring pre-quel to what eventually becomes a water knife

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
:lol:

Didn't expect warring local clans so early in the waterwars. Should have paid more attention to Cadillac Desert.

otoh I am wondering if I can get away with flooding my neighbour's lower property a bit with a few strategically placed little dikes to help recharge the surface aquifier. If I suddenly go dark during an atmospheric river the answer is no.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

https://twitter.com/ProfMattEngland/status/1641096918502895618

Thread buries the lede, one of those rare events where every tweet hits and is worth reading. Since this is business as usual, if emissions continue to increase this will be sooner than 2050.

Notes in another reply the AMOC will only see perhaps a 20% decline by mid century, under the same run.

two-time fee posted:

tut. tut.

:actually: The IPCC stated just last year recently they have [Medium] confidence the AMOC will not suffer catastrophic collapse this century. Might slow down a bit though. Sure it is fine. There, now don't you feel better after some Science ?

Anyway I like it better cold than warm in Europe, so bring it on.

I see no fault with the IPCC's choices of phrasing in light of this mild non-news. Pack it up, Domers.

We still on [Medium] confidence it won't be that bad (this century).

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

and we’ve been drownin here in allensworth

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ik take out the sh0es please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

ik take out the sh0es please