Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Eddie looked dead on his feet and like he was only hanging on by a miracle.

yes hello, is this your first time watching an eddie kingston match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

That was a really fun show, glad I stayed up till 5 loving am for this.

Great time posting with you all.

agreed except not 5am here

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
hmm they needed an ROH only baby face to carry ROH in its infancy

eddie should have won if mark was going to lose

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Claudio looked pressured; Eddie looked dead on his feet and like he was only hanging on by a miracle. If Eddie had won then the story would be that he gritted it out and never gave up, but now it just looks like Eddie on his best day can't beat Claudio.

Eddie should have won.

Nothing Claudio hit him with could actually keep Eddie down though, it was only a quick roll up that ended things.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Great show. I'm kinda into TK being willing to punch me in the nuts a few times with ROH. Mark fading to Joe in front of his family is the nastiest end in a long while

that briscoe match hurt to watch. just devastating

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think that Shibata/Yuta match was my favorite, that was just a masterclass from Shibata, and Yuta has come so firmly into his own as a despicable little poo poo I love it. The Reach for the Sky Ladder Match was a chaotic mess that I absolutely loved, sans the injury obviously.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shibata/Yuta was great. Shibata just beat his rear end and won.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The finish was fine Eddie attempted a way too complicated reversal of a powerful finisher for his level of athleticism and was punished for it

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rhonne posted:

Nothing Claudio hit him with could actually keep Eddie down though, it was only a quick roll up that ended things.

That logic doesn't really stand up though. Clearly Claudio hit him with enough poo poo to keep him down, because he pinned his rear end for a count of three. If he had more in the tank he would have kicked out or reversed it.

Claudio beat his rear end and any claim Eddie's got at being a credible challenger just got pissed away. If his rear end is gonna hold that belt then he should have won it here.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

That was a really good match

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Cabbit posted:

That logic doesn't really stand up though. Clearly Claudio hit him with enough poo poo to keep him down, because he pinned his rear end for a count of three. If he had more in the tank he would have kicked out or reversed it.

Claudio beat his rear end and any claim Eddie's got at being a credible challenger just got pissed away. If his rear end is gonna hold that belt then he should have won it here.

eh, wrestling uses rollups as not a finish that's strong enough to definitively prove who's better all the time.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

really good show. would've gone with eddie but i also don't really give too much of a poo poo about it. mark losing was amazing and it's obvious he'll be fighting for the world title soon enough. dante injury sucked rear end lol but at least it was on a really cool move. thank you tony.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Eddie saw Vikingo and went "hmm, maybe i could try flippy poo poo to win..." then he saw Kommander, Fenix, Dralistico, AR Fox, Blake Christian, Metalik, Dante, Darius, Fenix and Yuka and went "LESS FUCKIN DO EET"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fun show though one of Mark or Eddie should of won. The Martin injury was yikes though

Dynamite next week looks great and Sakura Genesis looks stacked too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cabbit posted:

Eddie hit a big unexpected counter and Claudio was crafty enough for the counter to the counter. Can't imagine seeing someone win via a crafty pin and thinking the moral of the story is the other guy was too beaten up to kick out rather than out thought. Especially when he's sitting there stunned, not laying flat on his back knocked out.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Re watching vikingo vs komander and it is absolutely loving insane

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

With a better crowd the Claudio Eddie match might have been match of the year for me. Still up there though

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Going for heartbreak tonight makes sense in the grander frame of ROH, they've been doing weekly programming for five weeks. Gotta at least try to plant some seeds to see if you can get people fully invested in this company instead of having them just check in a couple of times a year when a PPV card looks good with the expectation they'll walk away narratively satisfied each time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

With a better crowd the Claudio Eddie match might have been match of the year for me. Still up there though

I thought that was the perfect crowd for it. You have 60-40 pro to anti Eddie early on go 100% rabid pro Eddie by the end.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Reminder of Scrum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OF3VDBHWGo

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eddie should have won.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, thank you I didn't realize they were doing one!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i only thought eddie was winning because they did the quitting aew angle as a way to have him as ROH champ only and then Claudio dropping the title to keep him in AEW doing the BCC vs Elite feud.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I have faith in Tony, but if nothing else, promoting the TV title that way, with that outcome is wild. I bet it's gonna pay off, but drat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shibata wants to fight Danielson. He's right to do so.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh poo poo, thank you I didn't realize they were doing one!

At DBD Hulkamatt and I got stuck in the parking lot for 45 minutes, it was a 45 minute drive back to my condo, I spent like 10 minutes sending Hulkamatt an episode of Coast to Coast for Hulkamatt's drive home and then turned on the scrum and Tony went for at least another half hour.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eddie is hopefully gonna be back on Dynamite chasing down Claudio

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I thought that was the perfect crowd for it. You have 60-40 pro to anti Eddie early on go 100% rabid pro Eddie by the end.

They were def very hot towards the end, but felt like compared to what I’m used to with aew crowds, there were periods were they were just kind of quiet between spots.

Anyway, Claudio’s final barrage of strikes, followed by the uppercut to the back of the head, then the ricola bomb was incredible.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Shibata isn't signed

TK loves belts on unsigned talent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

Shibata isn't signed

TK loves belts on unsigned talent

Yeah it's cool how he runs the company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

At DBD Hulkamatt and I got stuck in the parking lot for 45 minutes, it was a 45 minute drive back to my condo, I spent like 10 minutes sending Hulkamatt an episode of Coast to Coast for Hulkamatt's drive home and then turned on the scrum and Tony went for at least another half hour.

Soul of a Poster :hai:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd be shocked if Tony signed Shibata when he's signed to New Japan as a trainer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somebody posted earlier and it's true, the Pure title on Shibata makes so much sense since it gives a very good reason for Shibata to restrict himself somewhat in what he does physically, whether it's actually needed or not.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
a member of the press asking for more matches and a longer ppv???

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Man keeping thinking about Mark firing up after the head drop. so cool

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Hi Tony why didn’t you tape another two hour show immediately after this four hour pape

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is being streamed from a logitech webcam made in 2013

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is being streamed from a logitech webcam made in 2013

thats the ROH ethos

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ok did Tony say Shibata would be in RI for Rampage or just LI for Dynamite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Athena disgusted at the thought anybody would deliver a sneak attack!