Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sunk Dunk posted:

do they have any americans in there?

who gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
wow no need for that aggression!!!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FakeBlood posted:

20 W SAR NO TIME it just rolls off the tongue.

Also practice results confirm El Plan :alonso:

:alonso:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hell yeah. Maybe I do have a shot in F1.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

I hear the F2 season has been a banger so far. I'm going to watch the F2 race this weekend and if the rumours are true I'm turning this into the F2 thread for good racing.

They've been more entertaining than F1 so far I think (low bar). Martins looks like the perfect junior driver where he's fast, aggressive, clever, and prone to making random mistakes and spins.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sunk Dunk posted:

wow no need for that aggression!!!!!

The only good American in F1 is Zak Brown.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

The only good American in F1 is Zak Brown.

I think Are Sarge has surpassed him this season

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

net work error posted:

Does Logan play golf?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

I hear the F2 season has been a banger so far. I'm going to watch the F2 race this weekend and if the rumours are true I'm turning this into the F2 thread for good racing.

might i interest you in some formula e?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0L4h9PCVs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

logan the honorary bogan

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ArmZ posted:

might i interest you in some formula e?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0L4h9PCVs

I've enjoyed every FE race I've ever watched, and then immediately forget that it exists as soon as it's over.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This is big my uncle works for Nintendo vibes but, a guy I work with, his two friends do an f1 podcast (no idea which one) and they got media passes for the race this weekend.

The fia or whoever runs F1 have to approve each episode, and as part of their media passes they are not allowed to record any audio/video while they are at the track.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

MustardFacial posted:

I've enjoyed every FE race I've ever watched, and then immediately forget that it exists as soon as it's over.

do they have fzero type power ups? what the hell was that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

do they have any americans in there?

there are (technically) 3 Americans in F2, Juan Manuel Correa who was born in Ecuador but races under the American flag now, Brad Benavides and Carlton Jackston "Jak" Crawford

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Custard Undies posted:

his two friends do an f1 podcast (no idea which one)
Are they end 20's dudes radiating "lad" energy any chance?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lmao a media pass but they can’t even record an interview of people

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

Yeah formula e is a video game

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

yes, it's like push to pass except you have to drive through a gate-type thing on the outside of a turn. they call it "attack mode"

managing energy is a big part of the race

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
fanboost was the pinnacle of motorsports

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

fanboost was the pinnacle of motorsports

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I don't have work this week and am going to celebrate by staying up way too late tonight and tomorrow watching probably poo poo F1 and loving up my sleep for the week.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Sunk Dunk posted:

Thank you for referencing the correct game!

It's been a few years since I've watched a Formula E race, but every time I heard someone compare Attack Mode to Mario Kart it irritated me.

I'm a totally normal person.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

siriuslysomething posted:

I don't have work this week and am going to celebrate by staying up way too late tonight and tomorrow watching probably poo poo F1 and loving up my sleep for the week.

Hell yeah! If you don't have any other obligations outside of work, the truly degenerate way to "fix" your sleep schedule is to just continue staying up way too late all week, and sleep as long as you'd like. Just push your sleep schedule all the way around the clock instead of going backward to get back on schedule.

I did that for awhile about 15 years ago during a period of unemployment, anxiety, and a downward spiral of depression, and it seemed to work okay at the time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's probably a poo poo idea and I don't recommend it.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

I'm trying to start my F1 career, but I'm dummy thicc, and

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Personal Lucubrant posted:

I'm trying to start my F1 career, but I'm dummy thicc, and

lmao

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
they still didnt fix logan's car did they

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
F2 and F3 are good imo.

Support Race Supporters

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Jos has tampered with Checo's car. Very nasty! :sad:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
lmao Checo has had such a poo poo session.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I missed fp1 and 2 but I'm glad I watched 3.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

checno

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

F3 sprint race was hilarious, two safety cars in the first 7 laps, the first from the 1st lap. You'd think with all that extra space, those little cars would get room, but no they fill it up and run each other off the road. Kids these days. A little later we got a 3rd safety car because the siren call of the wall was too strong for an Australian. And then, in a move only the FIA understands, they put a safety car on the last lap of a sprint race for a car that was in the gravel and no danger. They ducked the safety car in just before the line to make it look good but the damage had been done.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 1, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ewe2 posted:

F3 sprint race was hilarious, two safety cars in the first 7 laps, the first from the 1st lap. You'd think with all that extra space, those little cars would get room, but no they fill it up and run each other off the road. Kids these days. A little later we got a 3rd safety car because the siren call of the wall was too strong for an Australian. And then, in a move only the FIA understands, they put a safety car on the last lap of a sprint race for a car that was in the gravel and no danger.

so iracing is accurate

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ewe2 posted:

F3 sprint race was hilarious, two safety cars in the first 7 laps, the first from the 1st lap. You'd think with all that extra space, those little cars would get room, but no they fill it up and run each other off the road. Kids these days. A little later we got a 3rd safety car because the siren call of the wall was too strong for an Australian. And then, in a move only the FIA understands, they put a safety car on the last lap of a sprint race for a car that was in the gravel and no danger.

a car in the gravel is always a danger in f3

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
30 minutes until the opportunity to see the younger LeClerc fail.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Caught the F3 sprint at the lap 4 restart and laughed at, but also felt bad for, car number 16. That dude was a curb magnet. Tried to launch it twice, and went from P2 to out of the points somewhere in a handful of laps. Nightmare race for him, but entertaining.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

multiple f2s putting it in the fence on the recon lap

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This will be a bloodbath

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Woah F2 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

ewe2 posted:

F3 sprint race was hilarious, two safety cars in the first 7 laps, the first from the 1st lap. You'd think with all that extra space, those little cars would get room, but no they fill it up and run each other off the road. Kids these days. A little later we got a 3rd safety car because the siren call of the wall was too strong for an Australian. And then, in a move only the FIA understands, they put a safety car on the last lap of a sprint race for a car that was in the gravel and no danger. They ducked the safety car in just before the line to make it look good but the damage had been done.

I love watching support races and hearing "what was that f***ing idiot thinking" at least 3 or 4 times a race.