Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Supposedly it's for "metrics".

It is metrics but the comment is pretty clear that if a algo change hurts elon's numbers it won't go through.

Also it was removed already hah

https://github.com/twitter/the-algo...8e758c0dbbb4cc8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I really wanna see the Jira ticket for the is_elon stuff, because you know it was all

Twitter Jira posted:

As a raging narcissist, I feel bad when Joe Biden's tweets do better than mine and I want mine to always be the best so that I get the good brain chemicals. Therefore, make my number bigger.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Animal-Mother posted:

We've seen videos of American tourists overseas getting arrested for indecent public behavior and screaming that they're protected by the first amendment. These people are galaxy brained.

Reminds me of when the pope announced that all Vatican City residents would be required to get COVID vaccinations. Some Republican congressman (Matt Gaetz maybe?) tweeted a rant about how he was gonna go after the pope for violating American law. "Everyone must follow the law, even the pope! I'm going to make sure he fully understands that!"

Some people literally do not understand that places outside of the US have their own laws and are not beholden to US idiocy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

...! posted:

Reminds me of when the pope announced that all Vatican City residents would be required to get COVID vaccinations. Some Republican congressman (Matt Gaetz maybe?) tweeted a rant about how he was gonna go after the pope for violating American law. "Everyone must follow the law, even the pope! I'm going to make sure he fully understands that!"

Some people literally do not understand that places outside of the US have their own laws and are not beholden to US idiocy.

What do you mean the First Amendment doesn't mean anything when I travel?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I really wanna see the Jira ticket for the is_elon stuff, because you know it was all
I'm honestly not sure which would be funnier:

a) Elon knew about author_is_elon, and has only just now realized that it's now visible to everyone and is desperately trying to deny it, or
b) he was so dumb that he legitimately didn't know about author_is_elon, and is only just now realizing that nobody gives a gently caress about his tweets unless his devs hard-code something to shove them in users' faces

Caufman
May 7, 2007

...! posted:

What irony when the inverse applies when Republicans have to think about Puerto Rico.

"What? That definitely foreign place over which we have no jurisdiction and certainly no responsibility? That Puerto Rico??"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caufman posted:

What irony when the inverse applies when Republicans have to think about Puerto Rico.

"What? That definitely foreign place over which we have no jurisdiction and certainly no responsibility? That Puerto Rico??"

Puerto Rico is an american land. Puerto Ricans are Americans

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

It is metrics but the comment is pretty clear that if a algo change hurts elon's numbers it won't go through.

Also it was removed already hah

https://github.com/twitter/the-algo...8e758c0dbbb4cc8
You know this I’m sure but I bet the vast majority of Elonstans don’t, that just because “Twitter team” pushes a commit to Github it doesn’t mean that the Twitter is actually syncing that commit, or the repo, at all. Really all they’re doing here is some performative “listening to the community” schtick.

Also just lol at the idea that Elon had no idea that this poo poo existed.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Throw another one on the pile of Elom's a horrible piece of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1641946978736304128?s=20

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

...! posted:

lol Elon's dickriders are all over the replies of these celebrities saying they won't pay for Twitter.

Now I’m curious what’s gonna happen to Trump’s checkmark. Is he gonna pay to keep It on an account he refuses to use? Or is Elon gonna let him keep it for free? Because the market for trump impersonators might grow quite a bit tomorrow

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

Now I’m curious what’s gonna happen to Trump’s checkmark. Is he gonna pay to keep It on an account he refuses to use? Or is Elon gonna let him keep it for free? Because the market for trump impersonators might grow quite a bit tomorrow

Steadiman posted:

Trump. Is he gonna pay

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Nm

I was gonna post some extremely explicit poo poo that is an "issue" but not sure it's even legal

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

cr0y posted:

Nm

I was gonna post some extremely explicit poo poo that is an "issue" but not sure it's even legal

please vague harder

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

ellie the beep posted:

please vague harder

Hentai gifs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cr0y posted:

Hentai gifs

please post

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Get back to work, Elon

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

🤣💯

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

NYT not gonna pay for a paywall? Hmmmmm

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I'm gonna guess that by the limited scope of those metrics that they are all recent additions. Melon probably asked the same people for performance metrics on his tweets and for performance metrics on political bias and the overworked people left in the company didn't have the time or energy to make something more robust than "gently caress it just measure the CEOs individual performance" or "don't bother figuring out a political model, just measure performance for the two parties". Maybe the "power user" category is for the catturds that Elon is trying to suck up to, from when they were complaining about views and switching to private to boost it (lol).

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
In a roundabout way, you can almost tell who the imposters are because they’re 100% going to have Twitter Blue to boost their scam while the official accounts will not.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/AlexBlechman/status/1641905502043926530?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

he's gonna chicken out on removing legacy checks

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1641950734219370499

I'm guessing the Thanos snap with his face pasted over Thanos's

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

goatface posted:

Is this a one time only gift to the current top 10,000? What happens when the 10,000 and 10,001st accounts swap place? Does the badge change instantly? End of the month? Is it the account with the average most followers in the past day/month/year or the most followers at the instant it ticks over? If you have a paid-up account do they refund you when you get onto the list?

And a billion more questions.

Corporate hunger games.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kazil posted:

he's gonna chicken out on removing legacy checks

It’s why he planned it on April Fool’s Day so if he got enough backlash, he could put his tail between his legs and pretend it was a prank.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
It’s gonna be a fun April 1st!

https://twitter.com/eve_ettinger/status/1641993561099980801?s=20

https://twitter.com/MohanadElshieky/status/1642007364533460993?s=20

https://twitter.com/kyliesparks/status/1642002209318785024?s=20

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

What a dork. Only losers use Twitter to ask their ex to listen to them

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Twitter's started blanking out Elon profile pics

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

So people in 20 minutes get the joke.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ComfyPants posted:

Twitter's started blanking out Elon profile pics

So they can do something worthwhile after all :unsmith:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

So they can do something worthwhile after all :unsmith:

lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1641908130274525187

Elon didn't know anything about author_is_elon

source: elon

If he genuinely didn't know (50-50 odds), I'm guessing it got passed down from on high to solve the crying manbaby's engagement issues and a few levels down an engineer just hardcoded Elon as his own usertype and committed it quietly into the build. Problem solved, who the gently caress's ever gonna see their source code? Only an idiot would show it to the public, or even anywhere Elon might see it.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If he genuinely didn't know (50-50 odds), I'm guessing it got passed down from on high to solve the crying manbaby's engagement issues and a few levels down an engineer just hardcoded Elon as his own usertype and committed it quietly into the build. Problem solved, who the gently caress's ever gonna see their source code? Only an idiot would show it to the public, or even anywhere Elon might see it.

Ah yes, the classic “I’m just a genius billionaire but there’s no way I could have seen this!” defense.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

At some point wasn't Elon insisting on reviewing all changed code himself?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1642026973177483264?s=46&t=rSc-CAl4ZevcACnaJdfMFg

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

"author_is_elon" is probs something to do with him whining about his engagement numbers a few weeks ago and this is part of the "fix" they did to placate him

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Senor Tron posted:

At some point wasn't Elon insisting on reviewing all changed code himself?

Yes but he doesn't even know how to decipher BASIC so he's just going "hm yes this is a big printout very good"

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Cue the quote from pre-Twitter Musk saying his role is primarily to develop the technology in Teslas and SpaceX projects

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

lol Elon's dickriders are all over the replies of these celebrities saying they won't pay for Twitter.

What does the oak care whether the sow rubs itself on it?

e:

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Toe to tip, that's an Elon!