Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
.How is Baizou looking? Just a dendro healbot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

.How is Baizou looking? Just a dendro healbot?

yaoyao with less dendro application but interruption resistance and more healing, and he takes up barely any field time. he's a sidegrade to her, and yaoyao's pretty good so he'll be fine. he doesn't have nearly enough dendro application to be a solo dendro though,.

he also has this passive.

quote:

Characters who are healed by Seamless Shields will gain the Year of Verdant Favor effect: Each 1,000 Max HP that Baizhu possesses that does not exceed 50,000 will increase the Burning, Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Burgeon reaction DMG dealt by these characters by 2%, while the Aggravate and Spread reaction DMG dealt by these characters will be increased by 0.8%. This effect lasts 6s.

seamless shields are part of his burst. so if you can fully max out his HP he can double hyperbloom damage. This seems pretty good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

now i need to figure if Nilou has anything going for her besides being cute

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Well, it just so happens she's the second most broken character in the game. And you can run her with the cheapest team in the game, Barbs/Collei/DMC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ideal baizhu teams:

Raiden/Dendro/Hydro/Baizhu
Alhaitham/Baizhu/Electro/Hydro or Electro
Tighnari/Baizhu/Electro/Electro
Nilou/Baizhu/Dendro/Hydro
Keqing/Baizhu/Dendro/Electro

4*s + Baizhu Teams
Xingqiu/Fischl, Beidou, or Kuki/Baizhu/Dendro MC
Kaveh/Baizhu/Fischl/Xingqiu? (would need to test when Kaveh comes out)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Explosions.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Meowywitch posted:

She dances around while things explode around her, what else could you want? A readily-accessable HP% sword

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Maybe Baizhu will be able to enable burning teams by protecting against the massive self-damage that was so important to put on such a strong reaction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Maybe Baizhu will be able to enable burning teams by protecting against the massive self-damage that was so important to put on such a strong reaction
you mean burgeon?

burgeon isnt terrible or anything but its damage isnt better than hyperbloom and hyperbloom requires way less specific comps. burgeon's really married to thoma for a number of reasons. if we get a 5* thoma with buffs that actually boost burgeon's damage it'd be pretty good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you didnt know, nilou is getting a decent buff with the artifact set

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Being near 4-5 guys with burning just annihilates you I don’t understand.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Endorph posted:

yaoyao with less dendro application but interruption resistance and more healing, and he takes up barely any field time. he's a sidegrade to her, and yaoyao's pretty good so he'll be fine. he doesn't have nearly enough dendro application to be a solo dendro though,.

seamless shields are part of his burst. so if you can fully max out his HP he can double hyperbloom damage. This seems pretty good.

I would assume it works the same way the Flower of Paradise Lost set works: it adds up to 100% to the damage listed when you check the EM bonus. So a ~16% (?) bonus to a high EM hyperbloom, which is already at +500% damage.

It might be really good for (poorly run) Nilou teams, as there tend to be a lot of characters triggering blooms who might not be built for EM.

Meowywitch posted:

When I first got Nilou I was disappointed, as she's super limited in teams where her gimmick works, and distinctly unimpressive outside of that. Despite that, she keeps clearing abyss faster than my full-EM Kuki hyperbloom team, and usually clearing domains faster than my Ganyu freeze team. So yeah, she's pretty good.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Somehow I've been playing since launch and only have mona, barbara, and xingqiu for hydro characters. I'm hoping for Nilou but I already won my last 2 50/50s, so I have to be realistic here. Really wish I had gotten a standard banner last time instead of an accidental Alhaitham.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Endorph posted:

you mean burgeon?

burgeon isnt terrible or anything but its damage isnt better than hyperbloom and hyperbloom requires way less specific comps. burgeon's really married to thoma for a number of reasons. if we get a 5* thoma with buffs that actually boost burgeon's damage it'd be pretty good.

I mean burning. I don't know how consistent it is, but I've definitely had situations where I applied burn to (non-Pyro) enemies and somehow killed myself with a massive DoT.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Being near 4-5 guys with burning just annihilates you I don’t understand.

I'm wondering if it's an Eremite thing, because it mostly happens to me in the Gilded/Deepwood domain. There's no grass to burn and the enemies are Cryo/Hydro/Electro.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

gandlethorpe posted:

I mean burning. I don't know how consistent it is, but I've definitely had situations where I applied burn to (non-Pyro) enemies and somehow killed myself with a massive DoT.

I'm wondering if it's an Eremite thing, because it mostly happens to me in the Gilded/Deepwood domain. There's no grass to burn and the enemies are Cryo/Hydro/Electro.

Nah, I've managed to catch burning from pryo mages I was whacking with alhaitham. It seems to do gently caress-all to enemies but'll happily spread to you and then demolish you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

were you standing on grass? did you apply pyro to yourself somehow? i dont think burning damages you just by existing on an enemy that you're standing near.

edit: oh, are you using dendro? i think that allows it to spread to you.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Burning actually has some degree of AOE and no damage reduction like Bloom, so yeah if you're in the mix of it you can start eating poo poo.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

LeastActionHero posted:

I would assume it works the same way the Flower of Paradise Lost set works: it adds up to 100% to the damage listed when you check the EM bonus. So a ~16% (?) bonus to a high EM hyperbloom, which is already at +500% damage.

This is how it works and his Dendro app is about the same as Yaoyao's (with burst) in single target and AoE where who comes out on top is going to be team, rotation, and content dependent.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have one hundred percented Enkanomiya.

Yes I am aware I still have map pins for seals I still need the sigil for but the map says 100% so that is what counts.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Even if you don't want to lean into her goldenbloom gimmick, she also works as a hyperbloom driver.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Hellioning posted:

Yes I am aware I still have map pins for seals I still need the sigil for but the map says 100% so that is what counts.

Some day I'll go back and do those. Still have a bunch of runes in my inventory, but of course despite playing this game since release I've never gotten in the habit of pinning things like this so I'm just going to have to look up a guide and go through all of them one by one.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Endorph posted:

quote:

Characters who are healed by Seamless Shields will gain the Year of Verdant Favor effect: Each 1,000 Max HP that Baizhu possesses that does not exceed 50,000 will increase the Burning, Bloom, Hyperbloom, and Burgeon reaction DMG dealt by these characters by 2%, while the Aggravate and Spread reaction DMG dealt by these characters will be increased by 0.8%. This effect lasts 6s.

That isn't going to be a multiplicative bonus, though. It will work like the Paradise Lost set and add a bonus calculated off the base damage of hyperbloom before EM. Assuming you're running deepwood on someone and you get Baizhu most of the way towards 50k HP, it will be about +4k damage on each hyperbloom.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

You can use her skills with the appropriate support team and everthing will explode. You won't know why but it happens.

Zenostein posted:

She dances around while things explode around her, what else could you want? A readily-accessable HP% sword

I find a humble sacrificial sword is good because you can get her water aura AND proc her personal attack buff thing at the same time. The two different nilou dances. I never bothered to learn their names so its just water aura and not water aura to me. Good stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The new artifact set next patch effectively is a big buff to anyone that doesn't have Nilou's sword, since there's a hard cap of diminishing returns after like 75k HP, which Non-BiS sword users will ever reach.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've got like 200 wishes and 69 pity w/ guaranteed 50/50 win on the event banner. Getting the ice aunty is an option I guess, since I have Ayaka at 90. Otherwise I think i'm looking at a c2 water archon + her weapon in like 6 months and a whole lot of nothing inbetween.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh are we doing Baizhu already? Unfortunately over the last few days I've been afflicted by the CURSE OF AYAKA SCORNED (irl desease) so my brains not as good as it usually is. But I'll do my best...

Baizhu! Dendro Catalyst! Back when my brain worked and I could use my hands pretty good I tested out a cool character: Nahida, except you don't use her skill and burst (Neyduhsab). I determined that just by having quickswap-compatible cooldown-independent dendro app, Neyduhsabs was a pretty solid 6/10. Pretty good for a character with no way to generate energy or use utility artifacts! Baizhu can do it too, but he has adult man legs to run and dodge, and his attack string walks towards the enemy instead of away. Wow! This is what I mean when I say dendro catalysts can't be bad. He can also do other stuff...

Team archetypes:

Solo dendro bloom driver (Favonius/Deepwood): pretty good! Allows you to use any 3 other characters you want, cause he's self-sufficient/energy positive/etc. You can also use all your teams skills on cooldown, which is sometimes very cool (Yelan!) Sample teams:

Baizhu/Xingqiu/Yelan/Raiden: Single target boss-buster
Baizhu/Yelan/Raiden/Beidou: Very fun and flexible, you can parry whenever you want and run around fast :)
Baizhu/Xingqiu/Kazuha/Thoma: For small groups. Swirl hydro please.
Baizhu/FavBurstAyato/(Kaeya/Rosa/BurstGanyu)/(Shinobu/Raiden): Comfy fridge, for small numbers of semi-strong enemies
Baizhu/Yelan/Rosa/Thoma: Burgeon with some reverse melt to put out the burning. Pop a Yelan skill on a burning for BIG NUBMER.
Baizhu/Xingqiu/Thoma/Shinobu: Chaos Baizhu invincible. Sommetimes you need all the elements/resistances (abyss animals :argh:)

Nahida's pal (Favonius/Instructor or Clam): pretty good! They help each other out, and their buffs work verrry well together. Kinda like Xingqiu+Yelan but less raw damage (but more raw comfy :kimchi:). Tried to test some of these with Yaoyao but it's not the same (circle impact, forced Yaoyao fieldtime, etc.) Sample teams:

FIELDHOGGER/Nahida/Baizhu/???: Cyno or Alhaitham teams. Gives the fieldhoggers 1 free stagger resist every 2.5s, which is pretty good actually.
Keqing/Xingqiu/Nahida/Baizhu: The invincible HyperKeq! A hyperbloomer that can use both buffs and not hog the field! There's some debate on if quickbloom is real, but if you clap your hands and believe (in Yelan) you can keep the EM/Electro/Crit dream alive. Maybe.
Nahida/Baizhu/(Ayato/Yelan/Xingqiu)/(Raiden/Shinobu): You can already tell how these teams will pan out, using imagination..!
Miko/Nahida/Baizhu/Dehya: Quickburn. You can use a better character in place of Dehya! You can use a worse character in place of Miko!
Diluc/SacXingqiu/Nahida/Baizhu: Burger Diluc for people that want to use the pretty flower sword :). Thoma+Ayato is probably better :(

Tighnari hates wenuts! (Hakushin/Deepwood): decent. A boss killing archetype that uses electros to set up big dendro stuff. Honestly the hakushin and deepwood can get moved around a lot depending on the other characters. Getting too sleepy to type more about it...

And many more! Theres some teams that use Hakushin with Kazuha and 2 electros, double anemo teams, other stuff. I would post more but I'm out of brain juice for now. Maybe tomorrow...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I was hoping to wait and see how much luck I have with Baizhu and who's getting a rerun in 3.7 before I decide whether or not to take the 50-50 on Nilou. But with the reversed banner order here, I don't have that option. Very awkward.

If I win the 50-50 on Nilou, I'm betting on winning it again for Baizhu, because I won't have enough left to force him from zero pity. So it has about a 25% chance of biting me, even if I don't then get hosed by a Surprise Kazuha in 3.7. Seems too risky. She's #4 on the list of characters I'm most looking out for, but I might have to just pass on her again. Sad times.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
FINALLY got "This Novel is... Problematic". There isn't solid documentation on how this triggers but I think my issue is that I kept getting the same variant of Junkichi commission in "This Novel is... Familiar". I probably went to Tsukemono Groceries with him fifteen times over the past year and a half. The most recent time I got the commission I logged in with my phone instead and got the smithy variant of the commission, making me think there's a similar phenomenon here as the storyteller commission in Liyue. A few days later and Problematic finally popped. Anyways, just in case anyone else is still somehow sweating unlocking Storytelling Method.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

FINALLY got "This Novel is... Problematic". There isn't solid documentation on how this triggers but I think my issue is that I kept getting the same variant of Junkichi commission in "This Novel is... Familiar". I probably went to Tsukemono Groceries with him fifteen times over the past year and a half. The most recent time I got the commission I logged in with my phone instead and got the smithy variant of the commission, making me think there's a similar phenomenon here as the storyteller commission in Liyue. A few days later and Problematic finally popped. Anyways, just in case anyone else is still somehow sweating unlocking Storytelling Method.

Thats like the worst quest in the game. My guess is it triggers very badly by allowing the base quest to respawn instead of just the subsequent ones.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1642013926589071361?cxt=HHwWgoCwqe29zcktAAAA
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1642015181491298305?cxt=HHwWgoCzifOGzsktAAAA
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1642016440566833153?cxt=HHwWgoCz9ZfQzsktAAAA

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

BabyRyoga posted:

I've got like 200 wishes and 69 pity w/ guaranteed 50/50 win on the event banner. Getting the ice aunty is an option I guess, since I have Ayaka at 90. Otherwise I think i'm looking at a c2 water archon + her weapon in like 6 months and a whole lot of nothing inbetween.

I accidentally got Shenhe for my Ayaka and I have to say the difference doesn't feel huge.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that kitty shinobu :3:

also .... 4BQYGWQ9HTR5

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=4BQYGWQ9HTR5

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 1, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

forgot the last one :3:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1642017699931865089?s=20

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It fits this day perfectly so I'm wishing for Shenhe too now since I've got all this Starglitter I barely use throughout the year.

(10) Sucrose C8 (20)Sacrificial Sword R2 (30) Sucrose C9 & 10 (40) Sucrose C11 Favonius Lance R5 (50) Mika C7 (60) Diona C8 Sacrificial Fragments (70) Favonius Sword Shenhe C0

Well I'll be damned, I actually got her!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Not even a single 4* from the shop reset freefates, oh well. At least the next banner will roll around before the next reset so I can acquire Amber's C5.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ts2NSjbJ2o

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1642031944803434497/photo/1

Garrand fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 1, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

Not even a single 4* from the shop reset freefates, oh well. At least the next banner will roll around before the next reset so I can acquire Amber's C5.

I got Rainslasher and C1 for Yaoyao, not bad.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I didn't realize these were supposed to be characters until I got to Shinobu, and I couldn't figure out who the center one was supposed to be until the fanart post.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is Dehya as (mechanically) lackluster as people were whining about pre-release?

I'm sitting at 78 pity on the standard banner and I'd really like to get Mona or Tighnari. Maybe it's better to roll now before Dehya is added to the standard pool. If I never get Dehya that's fine with me. If I get a 3rd skyward spine from the standard banner I am uninstalling :argh:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Sanctum posted:

Is Dehya as (mechanically) lackluster as people were whining about pre-release?

I'm sitting at 78 pity on the standard banner and I'd really like to get Mona or Tighnari. Maybe it's better to roll now before Dehya is added to the standard pool. If I never get Dehya that's fine with me. If I get a 3rd skyward spine from the standard banner I am uninstalling :argh:

She's worse. So if you don't want her just roll away, you're not missing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Sanctum posted:

I was working on getting enough pulls for the standard banner as well. Sadly today I rolled c1 Keqing. I don't have Mona, Diluc, Jean, or Tighnari. I'm sure my next standard or lost 50/50 will be one of Dehya, Keqing or Qiqi.