Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Vermain posted:

nier: automata is an action game about sexy androids fighting robots and existential despair and is a pretty fun and cerebral time, and the gameplay is such that even someone who's not especially good at games could easily get through it on the lower difficulties

DoA is a fighting game series from team ninja that's on the lower rung of fighters in terms of popularity, to the point that it's mostly known nowadays for the DoA xtreme spinoff series about the ladies of DoA having various beach-related adventures

Khanstant posted:

they're videogames, more anime than manga i guess? they proved Nier: Automata was a good game and they put in the Library of Congress using the GG decimal system. Dead or Alive is a series of volleyball games called Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball, probably what he's looking for. There used to be a spinoff where they'd fight instead of play volleyball but idk if anyone played them

edit: beaten, pls swap order of these posts

ok. but. if he wants to learn more about the games do you have any suggested game entries? versions to get or avoid? platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lmao if your dad becomes a gamer because he saw a figure of 2B

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Probably finishing Okami tomorrow so I just bought and installed Chronotrigger in prep for next game.

Last night, aside from the two wolves thing, was pretty fantastic and I am zooming about with 2 rosaries and doing maximum damage. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

ok. but. if he wants to learn more about the games do you have any suggested game entries? versions to get or avoid? platforms?

i am extremely confident that your dad will figure out how to masturbate to cartoons all on his own op

even without your wisdom and support

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i am extremely confident that your dad will figure out how to masturbate to cartoons all on his own op

:chloe:
uhhhm

not the point of my post but :ok:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The last DoA, 6, was real bad, basically just a vehicle for insanely priced swimsuit dlc.
I guess get 5 , there's a version out there with most of the dlc that's probably pretty cheap now.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

If he's interested in the video game nier:automata he should buy the video game nier:automata, in my opinion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The numbers don't lie, we got up to #3 in the countdown and since it was so obvious that Sekiro would win, there was no need to factcheck the results :colbert:

Good work, Goons!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerusalem posted:

The numbers don't lie, we got up to #3 in the countdown and since it was so obvious that Sekiro would win, there was no need to factcheck the results :colbert:

Good work, Goons!

Well, it was my # 1, and your # 1...who else is there?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Agreed, it would just be a waste of time to count their votes!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Metis of the Hallway posted:

If he's interested in the video game nier:automata he should buy the video game nier:automata, in my opinion

Same, also afaik every version is pretty solid since they fixed the PC version, although the Switch is capped at 30 FPS I think?

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

Funkiest of Kongs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Khanstant posted:

I loved Bubsy as a kid. Was weird when I first heard people hate on it. I just thought it was a hard game you needed to practice at to get better.

Same. Bubsy owns.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still enjoy the 2D bubsy games. I had Bubsy 2 on the megadrive and loved doing the full wing experiences. It was always joy to hear him say "I am not!" whenever the level King of The Nile popped up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also he was voiced by Rob Paulsen in all but his most recent appearance (though from what I hear it’s apparently one of the few roles Rob regrets taking)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

guuuuys

my dad called again

love these posts

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I really liked that mascot platformer that was about... I wanna say some sort of electric squirrel? Am I thinking of Rocket Knight? The Megadrive was infested with weird mascot platformers.

Then again on the Spectrum I used to play a platformer based on Rupert the Bear solely to see the little animation he'd do when he slipped on ice. Easy to please back then. Now it takes a lot more to impress me about a game, like there has to be a cute little friend, or some kind of hat on an animal, or maybe a hosed up guy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Could have been RKA or the sequel, Sparkster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qP03WHpP4I

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dabir posted:

Could have been RKA or the sequel, Sparkster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qP03WHpP4I

Sparkster! Thank you, I think that's the one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Good work, Goons!

That's not what my spreadsheet says :thunkher:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big spoilers for Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced Edition revealed in the second mission, this is huge mind blowing spoilers nobody could have seen coming, avert your eyes from this shocking twist.

It turns out the Deathwing were dispatched to this Space Hulk because they think there's a Fallen in it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nier Automata is one game that's been ported a bunch, whatever Ner works on the system your dad has is the right on. He can also watch the anime. I haven't read the novels so I don't know if they're any good but they are also an option

Dead or Alive is basically Dead or Alive, I'm not a fight game expert so I don't know if there's "bad" vs "good" ones and to be honest if there are I don't think anybody but a fighting game nerd would notice or care. He can just play whichever. There's also the volleyball games which from my understanding are legit good volleyball games, but also have a bunch of other stuff, you know your dad better than me so you're better equipped to judge if he's gonna be interested in making friends with the DoA girls by buying them new bikinis. There's also a live action movie, which I haven't seen so I can't speak to the quality of it. But it did give us this image

rox
Sep 7, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A handful of influencers on a leaky airplane are gonna save the world?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dead or alive beach volleyball is the only videogame I can confidently say I was bullied into buying

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I wouldn't recommend the N:A anime quite yet as it got put on hold due to a big covid outbreak over there

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

I wouldn't recommend the N:A anime quite yet as it got put on hold due to a big covid outbreak over there

For the second time in a row no less

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

who wouldn't

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Nier Automata is one game that's been ported a bunch, whatever Ner works on the system your dad has is the right on. He can also watch the anime. I haven't read the novels so I don't know if they're any good but they are also an option

Dead or Alive is basically Dead or Alive, I'm not a fight game expert so I don't know if there's "bad" vs "good" ones and to be honest if there are I don't think anybody but a fighting game nerd would notice or care. He can just play whichever. There's also the volleyball games which from my understanding are legit good volleyball games, but also have a bunch of other stuff, you know your dad better than me so you're better equipped to judge if he's gonna be interested in making friends with the DoA girls by buying them new bikinis. There's also a live action movie, which I haven't seen so I can't speak to the quality of it. But it did give us this image

rami malek keeping busy i see

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

you made this weird

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, they're videogames not cartoons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how do I masturbate to cartoons

rox
Sep 7, 2016

please make me ik of ape escapril immediately, thank you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Idk I think I'd rather the horny dad jerking off to anime than the horny dad fukcing his secretary forcing you to fly home from Japan cuz all of a sudden that money that was supposed to pay for your tuition fees got hoovered up by divorce lawyers

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

how do I masturbate to cartoons

Very carefully

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm going to destroy the next person who talks about jerking off in this thread

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

welcome to our "thread" notice how there's no cum in it? lets keep it that way

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to talk about cool video games.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I might have missed it but the list of games releasing this month is missing Grim Grimoire Once More. Comes out April 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Looking forward to playing live a live at the end of the month