Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I mean I'm not remotely wealthy but I begin each day from a starting position that I am the head of an international crime cartel and work my way back from there by lunchtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

I mean I'm not remotely wealthy but I begin each day from a starting position that I am the head of an international crime cartel and work my way back from there by lunchtime.

Be sure to keep everything in writing!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I slept on this because who clicks on link bait about big algae tanks. But lmao, they helpfully source a real article in a little link buried at the end that seems like an average university press release that actually explains it and proves the entire AI article wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Mafiaagreement

100.000 [redacted]
[struck] approves to have Boddy
Away from [redacted]'s diGs
[redacted]

just wanna say i appreciate your attention to detail & accuracy in translation, what with the spurious capitalization and misspellings. that poo poo is hard! thank you for your service

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Pope Francis leaves hospital; ‘Still alive,’ he quips

I'm making an edict: huge success

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1641197501964222470

"a trillion worthless mimics aggregating useless bullshit" is a rude but fair thing to call the staff of buzzfeed

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'm assumed that they were referring to sites like cracked and ebaums world.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Eighties ZomCom posted:

I'm assumed that they were referring to sites like cracked and ebaums world.

I'm making the joke that "a trillion worthless mimics aggregating useless bullshit" is a rude but fair thing to call the staff of buzzfeed

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

I'm making the joke that "a trillion worthless mimics aggregating useless bullshit" is a rude but fair thing to call the staff of buzzfeed

I know, I'm referring to those sites specifically because they existed before buzzfeed and the editor of cracked went on a hilarious rant about what they do is totally different from buzzfeed :v:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sorry, I am the idiot here

I've made jokes and had them corrected by people before so I thought that's what was going on lmao

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Buzzfeed posted:

"a trillion worthless mimics aggregating useless bullshit" is a rude but fair thing to call the staff of buzzfeed

BattleMaster / Via SomethingAwful: BattleMaster

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

To this day, thanks to Brendan Fraser, one of the few complete sentences I know in Spanish is "I am a Colombian drug trafficker"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Phy posted:

To this day, thanks to Brendan Fraser, one of the few complete sentences I know in Spanish is "I am a Colombian drug trafficker"

No, thank you, I am allergic to shellfish

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

just wanna say i appreciate your attention to detail & accuracy in translation, what with the spurious capitalization and misspellings. that poo poo is hard! thank you for your service

I aim to piss :tipshat:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The official word is bronchitis, but the more plausible rumor is bird flu that he caught from the cardinals

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

canyoneer posted:

The official word is bronchitis, but the more plausible rumor is bird flu that he caught from the cardinals

:mods:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You can call the mods all you like but he's the admin

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1643450909316243456?t=vbSAG4NfpuA6ig5flBSc0w&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:911::patriot::911:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

inb4 "dead link/idgi"

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I'll allow it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1644392959645712435

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Look at these Beautiful Rings rimming Uranus

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Can you smell what the rock is cooking?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wrasslin’ macht frei

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

zedprime posted:

I slept on this because who clicks on link bait about big algae tanks. But lmao, they helpfully source a real article in a little link buried at the end that seems like an average university press release that actually explains it and proves the entire AI article wrong.

https://balkangreenenergynews.com/liquid-tree-to-combat-air-pollution-in-belgrade/

quote:

“It all started with an appeal from the Development Program of the United Nations (UNDP Serbia) to tackle air pollution,” explains Ivan Spasojević, biophysicist and project coordinator of the Liquid 3 project at the Institute for Multidisciplinary Research.

Together with an architect and a phycologist, the scientists were looking for a way to combine the efficiency of microalgae to bind carbon dioxide with urban design. Their result, Liquid 3, was installed in September 2021 in front of the Municipality of Stari Grad in Belgrade.

quote:

The Liquid 3 photo-bioreactor consists of a glass tank filled with 600 litres of water and microalgae and a solar panel, which supplies electricity to a small pump. The pump brings air into the tank through tiny holes. The microalgae perform photosynthesis and convert water and CO2 into oxygen, which is released into the atmosphere. Biomass is a byproduct of the process.

Unlike regular trees, the facility requires more maintenance. Every month the amount of water with microalgae has to be changed almost entirely and the biomass has to be taken out.

quote:

But Spasojević emphasizes another advantage of microalgae. “They are more resistant to heavy metals than trees. Through analysis of biomass, we found that they clean 300 to 3,000 cubic meters of air from heavy metals,” he pointed out. The PM microscopic dust is a carrier of such substances. Most deaths from air pollution in Serbia are attributed to elevated levels of PM particles.

quote:

Ivan Spasojević wants to tackle the air pollution issue with Liquid 3 in densely populated urban areas where it’s not possible to establish green zones or where single trees cannot sufficiently clean the air. “Urban trees are suffering compared to trees in parks. They are exposed to a high level of toxic gases and dust, which covers their leaves, so they are less functional in binding carbon dioxide,” he underscored.

Therefore, Ivan Spasojević points out that it’s essential that microalgae can still bind carbon dioxide in the winter months when most trees lose their leaves and are not capable of performing photosynthesis. “We selected a robust type of microalgae that can deal with a temperature between five and 35 degrees Celsius,” he added.

It's actually pretty interesting

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This feels cruel but I don't know why you'd word the headline in a way that sounds so comedic.

Jeremy Renner Takes Blame for Snow Plow Accident, Yelled ‘Not Today, Motherf—er!’ Right Before Being Crushed

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Jeremy Renner posted:

What are you going to do, crush me?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sir Lemming posted:

This feels cruel but I don't know why you'd word the headline in a way that sounds so comedic.

Jeremy Renner Takes Blame for Snow Plow Accident, Yelled ‘Not Today, Motherf—er!’ Right Before Being Crushed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That's exactly what I thought of too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh no.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Yeah it smells like he’s cooking almonds.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Can you smell what the Reich is cooking?

ftfy

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1645345768461545473?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

drat I didn't know the Dalai Lama was Catholic

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This might be the worst thing for Tibetan Buddhism since Steven Seagal payed his way to being declared a holy reincarnation or whatever.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Whooping Crabs posted:

drat I didn't know the Dalai Lama was Tom Brady

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1641748498725969921

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2021/7/meet-the-woman-whose-record-breaking-mouth-gape-went-viral-on-tiktok-669447

And they said that Pacman fever did not leave any lasting effects on the human race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I didn't know the music video for Black Hole Sun was a documentary.