Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

uber_stoat posted:

do they send a hunter-killer drone after you if you default on your hamburger loan?

You have to poop in a box so they can return the material to Chipotle

A good snipe post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao this sounds like a great way to give everyone a free meal they’ll never pay back and good luck trying to collect

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
$11.50 for breakfast wtf

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

thats not candy posted:

$11.50 for breakfast wtf

that's how much two sausage biscuits, two hash browns, and a large drink at mcdonalds costs now lol

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

chipotle is also just stupid expensive for no reason

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Shipon posted:

that's how much two sausage biscuits, two hash browns, and a large drink at mcdonalds costs now lol

this seems like so much food

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Japanese whiskey is often just as good these days

just as good and often twice as expensive

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

‘household income’ is defined by the filer. not by if your in the same unit. if they file separately then theyre two households. like i said depends on how they filed. pretty easy just to be a single person household even if your paying 0 in rent and utilities etc then just get full benefits. itd probably screw over food stanps due ti work req but be able to keep medicaid or w/e wheelchair dudes got

Two person household max for Medicaid looks like $3K a month so as long as she keeps it at 40 hours a week they'll probably be fine, if she tries to apply separately though she'd be hosed since the PA Medicaid limit is $2K/mo for one person. What a lovely low limit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Apr 1, 2023

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shipon posted:

i only need like a single hashbrown and some coffee for breakfast that seems fine

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

anime was right posted:

i only need like a single hashbrown and some coffee for breakfast that seems fine

hashbrowns and a coffee is my prescription for dealing with the agony of constipation.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

i have one (1) poptart or one (1) cinnamon raisin bagel if i even eat breakfast y'all are psychos

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shipon posted:

$5.75 per meal ain't bad

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Spaced God posted:

i have one (1) poptart or one (1) cinnamon raisin bagel if i even eat breakfast y'all are psychos

constant ibs through childhood trained me to never eat breakfast and only eat a protein bar or a banana for lunch if anything, but i guess thats a blessing cause foods fuckin expensive now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Spaced God posted:

they ipo'd and made a lot of money for someone a few years ago but it's a dead brand now. another successful capitalism project.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

"The calf I helped raise as a child was raped to death by steers as I gaped aghast and now I watch movies while driving on the highway to soothe my PTSD" is the most American thing I've read in recent memory.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

‘household income’ is defined by the filer. not by if your in the same unit. if they file separately then theyre two households. like i said depends on how they filed. pretty easy just to be a single person household even if your paying 0 in rent and utilities etc then just get full benefits. itd probably screw over food stanps due ti work req but be able to keep medicaid or w/e wheelchair dudes got

back when pa still gave cash benefits they always wanted to know who was paying your rent to get it or food stamps. i think it was part of the calculation but it was kind of a hard time in my friends life so i dont know the full details on how it worked or if it dipped into medicaid at the time

anyway obama reached across the aisle to work with corbett to end anything like cash benefits so the problem solved itself

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

I always thought Taco Bell was the buy now pay later fast food of choice

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Extremely brutal graphs

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Extremely brutal graphs

it's still the childhood one that got me the most, since that's way less about healthcare delivery or illness transmission, and purely how violent american society is

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1641799722418556931

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

At least Blackpool has some charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7_yB5f6PA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

eXXon posted:

"The calf I helped raise as a child was raped to death by steers as I gaped aghast and now I watch movies while driving on the highway to soothe my PTSD" is the most American thing I've read in recent memory.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The CDC changed Covid isolation guidance from ten days to five days after the CEO of Delta wrote them a lovely letter, which should illustrate who exactly is in charge here.

America is a business, and you aren't a shareholder.

Lmao remember when he got COVID after testifying to congress flying was safe

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Spaced God posted:

They also have an outbreak of making GBS threads disease like twice a year

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shipon posted:

I noticed this, sausage biscuit used to be the mcdouble of the morning and now they're like $2.50 or some poo poo.

Hell, a coffee is $2 now. Was a buck forever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

it's still the childhood one that got me the most, since that's way less about healthcare delivery or illness transmission, and purely how violent american society is

well a kindergardner died at my kids school early this year and they never announced why (probably covid but the parents didnt want to admit it)

very coooool stuff here

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ScrubLeague posted:

They also have an outbreak of making GBS threads disease like twice a year

bumper sticker on my car "IF YOU CAN READ THIS i got hepatitis at Chipotle, "

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

eXXon posted:

🤠

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Twerk from Home posted:

i remember when i thought $3 for a latte was super duper expensive lol. now it's all like $6.50

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Twerk from Home posted:

I noticed this, sausage biscuit used to be the mcdouble of the morning and now they're like $2.50 or some poo poo.

what the gently caress

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

guess who is Very Concerned about this!!

https://twitter.com/LHSummers/status/1641831721178939392

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

who has the most pull in local politics outside of the biggest cities? Real estate, chamber of commerce, or cops?

car dealers i think

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1642217809143791616?s=20

quote:

Jim Fish, chief executive of Waste Management Inc., described the situation this way: “We can’t hire a truck driver to drive a trash truck for $90,000 in Houston, Texas, but I can hire an M.B.A. from a small school for $60,000, and I can get them all day long.”

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

There is a phrase that stuck in my mind from Consider the Lobster: "As a tourist, you become economically significant but existentially loathsome, an insect on a dead thing"

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/stealcase/status/1642019617609506816

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A reminder: When the NYPD threw a hissy fit and told everyone they wouldn't patrol and arrest people unless specifically called, the crime rate plummeted and they immediately had to backtrack their position because it proved cops are worthless lmfao.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I think the lovely healthcare and childhood obesity also contribute here. But car accidents and violence have gotta be huge factors.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

eXXon posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If only he had ever had a position where he could have influenced government so it could have done something about the material conditions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Jel Shaker posted:

medicare will buy them for full price in lieu of long term care costs

loving lol if you think this

medicare will take them for pennies on the dollar and come after the kids for the remainder of the balance.

nobody who's parents are worth under 8 digits is getting an inheritance outside of sudden heart attacks.