Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

snyprmag posted:

Can an owner sell a player $20M worth of their team for $1 as part of, or along side but 'unrelated' to, a vet min deal?

That raises a good question though. I wonder what valuation they'll use for trading ownership for contract $. I know the league has their own but can players trust that? Those numbers are only good in a bull market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
This CBA can SMD

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
For some reason I watched a couple Charlotte games in the last two weeks and what Steve Clifford has been able to skeleton crew of guys doing with nothing really on the line, it’s pretty impressive. They’re playing defense, they look like a real basketball team. Maybe it’s a major league thing and they’re trying to mess up the draft position

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

For some reason I watched a couple Charlotte games in the last two weeks and what Steve Clifford has been able to skeleton crew of guys doing with nothing really on the line, it’s pretty impressive. They’re playing defense, they look like a real basketball team. Maybe it’s a major league thing and they’re trying to mess up the draft position

They are light years more enjoyable to watch than the Rockets.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
This is the most top heavy scoring I've seen in a while

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My favorite play of the game:

https://twitter.com/CCHoopsNOLA/status/1642371689135878145?t=ytyMtky3A8vJhnZZlOjEEA&s=19

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is the most top heavy scoring I've seen in a while

This doesn't give the bottom seven credit for their 9 turnovers, good for a 1:1 FGM:TO ratio

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

what lovely editing by bally's there but drat that rules

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The tournament could be fun and is at worst non-disruptive, the cap smoothing is good and important, and the rest just seems kind of marginal at the moment. Glad they got a deal done

Dejan Bimble posted:

Clifford is a good coach. The Atkinson situation was hosed up but getting Steve back was one of the few silver linings of the off-season, I don’t think a new or young head coach would have been as successful navigating them through this year.

Charlotte should have taken one more year of being bad after landing LaMelo to get a second young guy to develop with him, but the Hayward signing and Rozier panning out spoiled that. For a minute it looked like Bridges would be that guy but oops. Here’s hoping whoever they end up with this summer is at least a keeper

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Blind Pineapple posted:

A mid/early season tourney where the winning team is guaranteed a play in spot would be interesting. A team like the Jazz could’ve won in December and pretty much have the Mavs eliminated by now.

Only down side is if a team like the Rockets accidentally won and they killed their draft pick.

I would like to see the midseason tourney lock you into the playoffs but not impact your draft seeding so we can see some insane nu-Process where a GM tries to lock in a playoff spot, tank the year, and somehow get the team gelling in time for a playoff win. NBA Champs and winners of the Wemby sweepstakes would be hilarious (the first time it happened)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

The Deal Zone, and narratives and drama from The Deal Zone, are more important to the health of the league than the games themselves.

:hai:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have to say it will be cool seeing a single game tournament with actually talented players, rather than a bunch of business majors and 1 or 2 NBA level players.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1642301361327857666?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

lol that new buyout rule

What's the new buyout rule?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

What's the new buyout rule?

this tweet dexo posted earlier seems to be the only thing

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642305569343111170

when monkeu comes back posting about how the other owners had to make a CBA to keep the great and powerful warriors down, he will be accurate

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 2, 2023

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The buyout market is hilarious over hyped, when’s last it actually mattered beyond the first round of playoffs?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Calidus posted:

The buyout market is hilarious over hyped, when’s last it actually mattered beyond the first round of playoffs?

The Miami Heat would have one less championship if the corpse of Gary Payton wasn’t around to hit a couple of jumpers in the forth quarter

On the flip side, remember how bad the corpse of Mike Bibby was for them

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pat beverly is single-handedly swinging the bulls into the 10 seed

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Calidus posted:

there's never anyone who comes in and blows the roof off the place, but you got like, Markieff morris who was Useful all the way to a championship for the Lakers in 2020 and Enes kanter who was actually a big part of why the blazers stayed afloat after Nurkic's injury to make the conference finals in 19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Calidus posted:

Peja briefly rose from the dead to help murder the Kobe Lakers.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Diaw on the Spurs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The buyout market is how a lot of capped out and/or in trouble contenders cheaply fill out their rotation. Bringing in someone off the streets at last minute who can pick up your system and not poo poo the bed when the playoffs come isn’t something most g-league kids in their early 20s can do

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1642580819842678784

the dynasty cavs begin now

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The league is rigged in the Cavs favor

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1642606339376529408?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Ooooooohhhhh

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
VanVleet set the Raptors record for assists in a game today, which gives us this nice gerrymandered list:

https://twitter.com/StatsWilliams/status/1642610723468476416?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1642584267984101379

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
That’s gotta be the easiest between the legs dribble ever

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Woozie66 posted:

The league is rigged in the Cavs favor

Good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

WhhhaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaattt thef ufk

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It's goddam cheatmode. Or dad vs toddler mode.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I can also miss threes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was always confused what prime dynasty was the Rose Rule trade-ban preventing, like I only really heard it come up as a blocker for the Nets because Simmons was a max player and that prevented so many trades last summer.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Re: Buyout Guys, let us not forget PJ Brown holding the Celtics hand to help them beat the Cavs in 08

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls are Back Babyyyyy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Wolves are Back Babyyyyy

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1642647728437202944

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Athanatos posted:

I can also miss threes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

From down 25 to winning by 21

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

What am I looking at here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

JackBandit posted:

What am I looking at here

That was Minnesota's play at the end of the game down two.