Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

lol remember the chatbot hitler that was like "the holocaust was a terrible mistake, i regret it now that i'm dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Frank Frank posted:

Path of exile sounds like the kind of nerdery I’d be into. That worries me

get in ground floor in the new league, maybe use a known meta build because it's balanced around assuming you've read all the patch notes and only use one of the three and only three approved builds

i'm exaggerating, but less than you'd think!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Diablo 2 broke the minds of an entire swath of people

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I liked Diablo 2 but I played a hammer paladin build that someone recommended to me and it was boring as heck

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pentyne posted:

the perfect game is diablo loot final fantasy tens sphere grid and bulletstorms skill shot system

there i did it billion dollar franchise

call it stormlords battle for everearth or something equally stupid but it would sell billions

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Frank Frank posted:

On one hand POE is free and sick as hell

On the other it inspires the worst kind of brainworms.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

:getin:

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Paladinus posted:

Speaking of. Mark your calendars.

Going nuts in the live chat for pendulum manipulation

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

MS Paint posted:

the perfect game is diablo loot final fantasy tens sphere grid and bulletstorms skill shot system

there i did it billion dollar franchise

call it stormlords battle for everearth or something equally stupid but it would sell billions

Oh hey MS Paint

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Half of Dracula posted:

Going nuts in the live chat for pendulum manipulation

Somehow listening to pannenkoek say it makes variable types engaging for the first time in forever

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

With today's smack, our friend "ErrorInvalidUser / the 1st amendment / Beyond ReTarTed. / j o y c e / living nightmare / SideEffectShit / RepeatOffender / etc." has spent $140 on re-regs in the last 30 days alone.

What's the genesis of this legend?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Raere posted:

With today's smack, our friend "ErrorInvalidUser / the 1st amendment / Beyond ReTarTed. / j o y c e / living nightmare / SideEffectShit / RepeatOffender / etc." has spent $140 on re-regs in the last 30 days alone.

Man users state they do not like him or want him posting.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raere posted:

Unfortunately it's not a happy one, he's a mentally ill guy who was permabanned for suing and maybe also DDOSing the forums and just won't stop reregistering to post gibberish and racial slurs. The contents of the lawsuit were really funny but the origin of the whole situation is quite sad.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
It would be fun to get a list of all the serial reregs if we could just search the lepers colon

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Raere posted:

Mid 20s sudden onset unmedicated schizophrenia. Dude needs to get well, but apparently refuses help. The "who is ddosing something awful" thread discovered a lawsuit that was filed pro se against the site, and immediately thrown out by the court, several other nonsensical lawsuits by the same guy, and some news articles about him with some heartbreaking interviews with his parents.
Jeff said in the original thread that we are absolutely not to touch the poop on this, and leave the guy alone

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
fortunately for Jeff goons are great at not giving attention to negative attention seekers

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

vyelkin posted:

Unfortunately it's not a happy one, he's a mentally ill guy who was permabanned for suing and maybe also DDOSing the forums and just won't stop reregistering to post gibberish and racial slurs. The contents of the lawsuit were really funny but the origin of the whole situation is quite sad.

Is that the "people dont like me or my posts" guy?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

It would be fun to get a list of all the serial reregs if we could just search the lepers colon
:eyepop: you first. Wear gloves, mask and goggles

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

yeah

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Yes. I didn’t realize it was the same guy though

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The actual laughs to be had were when the answer to "who is ddosing the forums?" Was "maybe the guy who sued you?" And Jeff not even knowing there was a lawsuit filed.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

B33rChiller posted:

:eyepop: you first. Wear gloves, mask and goggles

I think colon is a far better indicator for the type of thing I’m searching for here

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

B33rChiller posted:

Mid 20s sudden onset unmedicated schizophrenia. Dude needs to get well, but apparently refuses help. The "who is ddosing something awful" thread discovered a lawsuit that was filed pro se against the site, and immediately thrown out by the court, several other nonsensical lawsuits by the same guy, and some news articles about him with some heartbreaking interviews with his parents.
Jeff said in the original thread that we are absolutely not to touch the poop on this, and leave the guy alone

I wish they would stop posting in the cspam econ thread

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

People in many fields are correct to fear AI taking their jobs because

1) AI doesn't have to be that good, it just has to be good enough and cheap enough to replace the average human, who all things considered is pretty mediocre in most respects
2) The relative inefficiency and clumsiness of AI right now does not mean that people will stop trying, especially those who have a profit motive to cut human employees

Fortunately as a professional writer, I can confidently say that my job will always be secure and I'm truly irreplaceable.
Yeah, this is a very common argument, and one that's not even that new either - as it's what underlies car assembly lines, among other things.

The best way I've heard it explained is: a heck of a lot of people in the most employing industries stand to lose their jobs, because the computer doesn't need to be as good as a human at something - it can be ten times worse, so long as it's a hundred times cheaper, it still makes economic sense to replace the humans with robots.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pentyne posted:

Yeah buddy.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also lol that Jeff immediately made a “You must tell me immediately if you are aware that the forums are being sued” rule in the aftermath

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Also lol that Jeff immediately made a “You must tell me immediately if you are aware that the forums are being sued” rule in the aftermath

Lol, you know what, this is one of those unilateral jeff decrees that I think I can get behind.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Can't believe I'm late for Touhou chat. I'm playing that metroidvania where you play as Aya and Momiji and I'm very bad at it but I'm also having fun and that's what it's all about.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gulping Again posted:

That happened years ago. He got perma'd for saying chatbots were more sentient than disabled people and refused to back down from that stance

So doing better mentally was never really gonna be in the cards for turdiak, in all honesty

He only caught a regular ban for saying that AI was more human than developmentally challenged kids. He requested an upgrade to a perma because he couldn't bear to be associated with a forum where it was legal to say madlibs generators didn't have feelings.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its pronounced 2hu

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
to me, 2hu. oh dear oh dear

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

2hu 2furious

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Frank Frank posted:

This is a macro view of the skill tree. It might scare you away.

Outside of some rare circumstances, you only get to fill one of those little pips per level. You don't exactly level fast in PoE either.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
An ad for “Who murdered sonic the hedgehog” just popped up in my browser and apparently it’s a real game.

Sonic is dead ya’ll

Valko posted:

This is a macro view of the skill tree. It might scare you away.

Outside of some rare circumstances, you only get to fill one of those little pips per level. You don't exactly level fast in PoE either.

Looks like a bigger version of the FFX skill tree. Is there a beginner tutorial somewhere I should read?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We know

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

then the gear itself is a whole other kettle of fish and even more complicated with rare affixes and affixes you can only get by doing specific things like one of the dozens of legacy league mechanics

and the economy is based on like 30 different currencies (with two main standard ones luckily used for most things) and player to player only with direct sales done by PM, to get a decent price check you need to install some autohotkey stuff, and the currencies change value depending on how early/late it is in the league

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’m pretty sure that tree is badly out of date but yeah it gets the general idea across. You start at one of those seven car steering wheels in the center and get about 130 points on there.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Runa posted:

We know

Did you kill him???

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Arivia posted:

I’m pretty sure that tree is badly out of date but yeah it gets the general idea across. You start at one of those seven car steering wheels in the center and get about 130 points on there.

yeah, it's bigger now and has nodes you can equip with items that act as new branches on the tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok so if I want to give it a whirl, where should I start? Just download the game and go or spend several days reading somewhere first?