Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm looking forward to a new campaign book; that should be fun.

And proper 2nd edition Zone Mortalis rules that aren't just an afterthought in a White Dwarf are very welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lmao even worse than my “plastic sicaran omega only” prediction

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Lmao even worse than my “plastic sicaran omega only” prediction

That'll be tomorrow.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Just give us a model that isn't a tank imo

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endman posted:

Just give us a model that isn't a tank imo

They showed new Indomitus Terminators, at least!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I'm just amused by the Loyalist TS contingent

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I hope there's eventually a Shattered Legions campaign book or something that gives the IH more content.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

JcDent posted:

I'm just amused by the Loyalist TS contingent

I wonder if the Rubric got these guys, too.

Like, they're sitting around with their new loyalist pals and then POOF, dusted.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope there's eventually a Shattered Legions campaign book or something that gives the IH more content.

Forget the shattered legions, give us Autek Mor dropping more moons onto traitor recruiting worlds and weird technoarcana from rogue Iron Fathers turning the Keys of Hel :black101:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They keep getting more perfect!

The reloading sergeant and his vexilla friend are both converted Space Marine Heros from the blind box. Turns out they're MkVI scale!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does it make sense to run tanks in squadrons in smaller games? my understanding is that the entire squadron has to target the same unit, but what exactly are you supposed to be shooting with a squadron of like...Typhons or even kratos that makes sense?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does it make sense to run tanks in squadrons in smaller games? my understanding is that the entire squadron has to target the same unit, but what exactly are you supposed to be shooting with a squadron of like...Typhons or even kratos that makes sense?

In smaller games you generally want to split them up into as many FOC slots as you have available. The squadron rule seems to primarily be there to allow you to fit more tanks into less FOC spaces. The only time you might want to run them in squadrons when you don’t have to for space is to limit the number of units your opponent can kill for points.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Halfway through adding jump packs to the dueling enthusiasts.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
All the tanks everywhere all at once.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/30/heresy-thursday-old-tanks-learn-new-tricks/

Seems like slow days in Heresy land.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Heresy Thursday with... another tank.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/30/heresy-thursday-old-tanks-learn-new-tricks/

Also plastic sponsons for FW resin kits. Yay.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Did I read it wrong? Doesn't sound like a plastic arquitor, just one that can take plastic sponsons

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

GreenMarine posted:

Did I read it wrong? Doesn't sound like a plastic arquitor, just one that can take plastic sponsons

yep no new plastics in this one. just retools of the resin kits to accommodate the new sponson sprues and I suppose confirmation that none of those tanks or the land speeder are coming to plastic any time soon.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I for some reason am happy about the Deimos command upgrade, even if it's the unit I'm least likely to field.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm still mad that they went to all the trouble of making amazing new plastic troops, and then they take forever to start releasing stuff to make Despoilers, etc. and when they finally do they're resin lol.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm still mad that they went to all the trouble of making amazing new plastic troops, and then they take forever to start releasing stuff to make Despoilers, etc. and when they finally do they're resin lol.

Sometimes it genuinely feels like they want people to start using 3d printers instead of buying their models.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Damocles upgrade kit is cool and good, everything else gets a big shrug from me. I think we’ve all had enough tanks.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The only thing that surprises me about this is I was sure we'd be getting a plastic Javelin sooner rather than later. It's very visually attractive kit and relatively small, which seems to me like it'd make the potential sales high and the cost of the plastic development low. Re-tooling the resin kit suggests the plastic release is some time away, though.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Small makes it a super-easy resin kit as well. Even if you are burning through moulds in like 10-15 pulls it will still be way cheaper than even aluminium dies.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Let us remember that business decisions at FW are made after drinking mold release liquid and the ones at GW aren't much smarter either.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh my god

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I painted my first tank in 20 years. And even back then I painted one Sister Rhino which I only basecoated black and blocked in the white and the red parts so not sure that counts.

C&C welcome!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Any leaks floating around about updated/scaled plastic Mk3 armor yet?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Demilich posted:

Any leaks floating around about updated/scaled plastic Mk3 armor yet?

They’ll probably do plastic Mk2 and Mk5 before they think of revisiting the existing plastics, if they ever do.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'd love some mk2 armor tbh

Endman
May 18, 2010

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I painted my first tank in 20 years. And even back then I painted one Sister Rhino which I only basecoated black and blocked in the white and the red parts so not sure that counts.

C&C welcome!

This rules

I love the little skull piles

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I probably would have painted some bits of the gun black, etc., so it wouldn't just be uniformly metal.

Then I would have hosed up with all the rest, vehicle painting isn't easy.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

JcDent posted:

I probably would have painted some bits of the gun black, etc., so it wouldn't just be uniformly metal.

Then I would have hosed up with all the rest, vehicle painting isn't easy.

It's a good idea! I was just worried that the tank looks a lot more dark than on these pictures (especially in a badly light gaming room) so didn't want to add more dark colours on it. Will see what I can do.
Also I feel I could add more chipping to it, I'm just new to the whole thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

It's a good idea! I was just worried that the tank looks a lot more dark than on these pictures (especially in a badly light gaming room) so didn't want to add more dark colours on it. Will see what I can do.
Also I feel I could add more chipping to it, I'm just new to the whole thing.

You could do a dark blue on the more armour-y bita of the cannons

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Red lascannon flash suppressors (or whatever the hell the ends are) would be fun and Rogue Trader-y.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath thread crosspost! I finished a Tartaros praetor for my upcoming Zone Mortalis game on the 15th.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's absolute beauty.

I got another game tonight! I ended up winning by virtue of grabbing an early objective and pinning or locking my opponent's surviving scoring units.

We're still making some dumb mistakes; I forgot that I had Heart of the Legion, which cost me a lot of dudes.

My highlights were annihilating jetbikes with my boxnaught, and blasting infantry to jelly with 20 Kakophoni. That's just, goddamn that's a fun profile. Might have been rude at 1250. We're learning.

One question tho: We both remembered that Cataphractii can't do a sweeping advance - but can't figure out where that rule is from. It's not because they're Heavy subtype, is it?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

New tank commanders, including models for IF/SOH and rules for everybody.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Weeping tears of joy that Tanksday is able to continue despite running out of tanks

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

One question tho: We both remembered that Cataphractii can't do a sweeping advance - but can't figure out where that rule is from. It's not because they're Heavy subtype, is it?
No, it's because of the Cataphractii armor rule. It's on page 147 in the traitor book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
More work (but not more play unfortunately).

Here's the full squad: