Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Japan lost an entire decade they cannot afford to slow down development, also they must rearm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SKULL.GIF posted:

Increase in plastic presence in society maps almost 1 to 1 the increases in obesity. You can see this happening virtually right before your eyes in countries like Mexico and China.

The correlation with lithium is pretty interesting too though.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I suppose it is more convenient and comfortable believing that all the plastic we're surrounded with and which packages all our food is inert with no impact on our bodies.

you can believe whatever you want if you base your beliefs on correlations.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Zodium posted:

I'm a fan of the cheese consumption causing the bed-sheet asphyxiation epidemic

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zodium posted:

https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/10.1289/EHP3030
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-01944-z

ok

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

WOW a mechanistic animal study

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah I'm gonna base all my assumptions about vaccines on mechanistic studies on mice too, I'm sure that's all I need to worry about

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I stopped using anything but stainless steel for my hot coffee several years ago; of course, it's going to leach out nickel and chromium from the stainless, but, you know, lesser of two evils and all that!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
why does ozempic work for weight loss?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe we can colonize our microbiome in the intestines with those bacteria that eat plastic. Bing bong I solved our problem!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zodium posted:

trivialism ftw ;)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

prepping for a Bodybuilding show with Ashwagandha and Vitamin D supplements because I found pubmed articles showing they influence testosterone production

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

webcams for christ posted:

prepping for a Bodybuilding show with Ashwagandha and Vitamin D supplements because I found pubmed articles showing they influence testosterone production

go for it man. it obviously works.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Koirhor posted:

caps your insulin which is responsible for hunger response and metabolism of calories.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

caps your insulin which is responsible for hunger response and metabolism of calories.

so if you feel less hungry all the time do you end up eating less and thus creating a daily caloric deficit?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

SourKraut posted:

Maybe we can colonize our microbiome in the intestines with those bacteria that eat plastic. Bing bong I solved our problem!

gently caress I got scooped on Something Awful Dot Com

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Koirhor posted:

you feel full.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
okay i legit love the guy who has a comprehensive understanding of metabolic disorders and absolutely does NOT believe in environmental contaminants. that's a good one lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

whoops the bad people are all black indigenous and hispanic?? how could this have happened

the hispanic parts are blue

https://twitter.com/nsjersey/status/1642165562464673794

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

PFAS? More like PFHATS!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Koirhor posted:

so if you feel less hungry all the time do you end up eating less and thus creating a daily caloric deficit?

yes, but insulin is also required to actually metabolize the glucose you make and do poo poo with it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

That Works posted:

I peaced out of my local SRA chapter when the extremely online 20 year olds in it decided that all of the white cishet males in the org needed to go though some kind of re-education/ de-indoctrination course which they spent a weekend talking about. Same group had sone very strong opinions on China and that all media coverage of any “ fraudulent genocides” were purely imperialist in origin.

sounds like you did the right thing by leaving

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

what’s up with nevada, and those other little red islands in the north west

Most of the red counties outside the deep south are reservations/tribal communities.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I don't see anyone itt that "doesn't believe in environmental contaminants" :confused:

the number one cause of Obesity is the Obesogenic Environment that is modern society, which is more than just pollution. it's like trying to blame global warming on only jet fuel

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

anime was right posted:

yes, but insulin is also required to actually metabolize the glucose you make and do poo poo with it.

GLP-1 in and of itself also influences satiety so a GLP-1 receptor agonist also probably helps with hunger even before getting into insulin

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i mean i straight up have said its multifaceted and preservatives are almost certainly another cause. people also eat more because they feel hungrier due to the environment. you can have a shittier calories in/calories out system due to higher insulin resistance caused by several environmental factors, including microplastics, on top of just eating more food with less fiber in it.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

posting a plastic:child-obesity chart isn't very multifacited

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

webcams for christ posted:

posting a plastic:child-obesity chart isn't very multifacited

it isnt if you ignore literally all the other posts i made, sure

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I suppose it is more convenient and comfortable believing that all the plastic we're surrounded with and which packages all our food is inert with no impact on our bodies.

The food itself is killing us already, how's that comfortable?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
get their microplastic-infused rear end

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

That Works posted:

I peaced out of my local SRA chapter when the extremely online 20 year olds in it decided that all of the white cishet males in the org needed to go though some kind of re-education/ de-indoctrination course which they spent a weekend talking about. Same group had sone very strong opinions on China and that all media coverage of any “ fraudulent genocides” were purely imperialist in origin.

soons good, op.

btw are you a white cishet male perhaps? no reason

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Increase in plastic presence in society maps almost 1 to 1 the increases in obesity. You can see this happening virtually right before your eyes in countries like Mexico and China.

and what do those correlations look like after you control for other independent variables like lifestyle changes and air pollution and capitalism? because I can make a graph that shows [the internet] is a function of [fish] if you need to believe in something absurd

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

there's also the whole car-dependent society full of people that have sedentary jobs and sedentary hobbies. the average american burns far, far fewer calories than even a couple generations ago

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

By what mechanism?

Why are countries like Japan immune to this phenomenon? They have plastic EVERYTHING and a very low obesity rate.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

sounds like you did the right thing by leaving

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i would go to the white cishet male deindoctrination no problem. but i'll be in a referee shirt and bring the most annoying conservative guy i know who has a gunsafe, loves to prattle endlessly etc. lets see who breaks first.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

By what mechanism?

Why are countries like Japan immune to this phenomenon? They have plastic EVERYTHING and a very low obesity rate.

They eat a diet low in red meat (the meat has bioaccumulated more plastic and industrial toxins than you ever could).

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Puppy Burner posted:

(the meat has bioaccumulated more plastic and industrial toxins than you ever could).

challenge accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

oh weird does this match up