Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I like the new colors and I think the people complaining are being overly sensitive after the last move. Also, I can't wait until my nephew is old enough for me to build sets with him. When I ordered the 3-in-1 castle I bought a second because I wanted to have both the castle and an alternative, but then decided to leave the second in the box for when my nephew is old enough. Then I got some points to spend on lego on our equivalent of amazon and I bought the 3-in-1 pirate ship for him. They'll be sitting in a closet for a couple of years but in like 3 or 4 yours he's going to have the best birthday ever.

e: No pets, sorry, so here's a lego pet for the new page:

Taeke fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Does this mean I can finally ask what the imp zone is

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I haven’t ventured outside the forms since general bullshit became general bullshit 2.0. Can someone explain to me what BYOB is? Is it worth venturing outside of my bookmarks?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Carbohydrates posted:

Everyone is still sore after the move to the finance forum, which was really dumb and annoying because speculators/investors are... pretty unpopular in many LEGO communities. So after that dumbass move, I don't think folks are super excited for it to move again so soon, even if it is to a much better place.
Nobody in BFC speculates in lego, there were some jokey posts about money stuff because that's what you do when a thread migrates into an unrelated forum and BFCers are chill(er than the lego thread). The Lego thread should not be moved again, though, because there is clearly a contingent of posters who have some Legos stuck up their rear end about it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I would never post in byob

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

obi_ant posted:

I haven’t ventured outside the forms since general bullshit became general bullshit 2.0. Can someone explain to me what BYOB is? Is it worth venturing outside of my bookmarks?

the best way to know byob is to experience byob. go browse through the first page, or better yet, make an introductory post for yourself or simply make a post asking what byob is. you won't suffer any negative consequences for curiosity.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I don't have any lego pet photos, just this angler fish looking thing

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Literally A Person posted:

I would never post in byob
Ooh buddy, I got some bad news for u

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

moana posted:

Ooh buddy, I got some bad news for u

:ohdear:

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

tbh I'm surprised that this thread is in main BYOB and not in Cool Crew Chat Central like the Warhammer thread

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

obi_ant posted:

BYOB isn't a forum it's a state of mine. Imagine all your buds are over having a cool brewski and one of them just told a great joke and another one is pulling pizza rolls out of the oven. Those pizza rolls? That's BYOB.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

BYOB isn't a forum it's a state of mine.

I didn't realize BYOB was a monarchy. Clearly the LEGO thread was brought here for a purpose, to overthrow this tyrant regime and return BYOB to the people.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

the holy poopacy posted:

I didn't realize BYOB was a monarchy. Clearly the LEGO thread was brought here for a purpose, to disassemble this tyrant regime and rebuild BYOB according to the instructions

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Instructions are tools of the oppressor. All bricks should be free to be built in whatever assembly they desire.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I meant 'state of mind' but had a little brain slip and now it's 'state of mine' because I feel so welcome here from all my BYOB brothers, thank u, thank u

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
when do we all start singing everything is awesome

FZl1f6wN5SnzjVSLCKg5WKpFGeudsWFi

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

this is byob so whenever ween does a cover of it

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

this is byob so whenever ween does a cover of it

No, Butthole Surfers

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That dolphin set is super and has many really good alt builds on Rebrickable.

The small chicken set (polybag) is also awesome, the chicks could be better but the chicken is a very solid pleasing shape.

Might order one of those myself for the parts.

If you can get hold of it, the easter chicks (with opening eggs) GWP from last year is one of my favorite sets of the year, too.

Good to hear. It actually went out of stock before being delivered, I'll keep trying like with galaxy explorer

----------------

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-super-mario-the-mighty-bowser-71411/6503950.p?skuId=6503950

You got 5 hours to grab this deal.

Big Bowser, 30% off. Smashing deal for a set of this size.

If you call Target, you can probably get it price matched. I wouldn't recommend online chat as they seem to be less able to do it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

drat that set has looked a ton of fun from the videos I’ve seen.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

EL BROMANCE posted:

drat that set has looked a ton of fun from the videos I’ve seen.

I got one for a friend for Christmas and it is really, really cool, both as a build and as a finished model. Holds the NES controller well.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Waltzing Along posted:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-super-mario-the-mighty-bowser-71411/6503950.p?skuId=6503950

You got 5 hours to grab this deal.

Big Bowser, 30% off. Smashing deal for a set of this size.

If you call Target, you can probably get it price matched. I wouldn't recommend online chat as they seem to be less able to do it.

This is showing as normal price for me now :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

esperantinc posted:

This is showing as normal price for me now :(

drat. Sorry. I hope some people were able to take advantage.

The site initially had a counter that said 5 hours so it should be good for a couple more. Alas.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Ausgoons, target has the usual 20% off at the moment but there's also some clearance sets at 75% off (The Batman, Avatar, some of the Mario sets) and there's an additional $10 discount if you give their newsletter a burner email.

----------------

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Ausgoons, target has the usual 20% off at the moment but there's also some clearance sets at 75% off (The Batman, Avatar, some of the Mario sets) and there's an additional $10 discount if you give their newsletter a burner email.

Also of note
https://www.target.com.au/p/mega-construx-pok-mon-motion-gyarados-building-set/66380931

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol spent another day forgetting this got moved from HCH. everyone post their duplo builds

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Taeke posted:

I like the new colors and I think the people complaining are being overly sensitive after the last move. Also, I can't wait until my nephew is old enough for me to build sets with him. When I ordered the 3-in-1 castle I bought a second because I wanted to have both the castle and an alternative, but then decided to leave the second in the box for when my nephew is old enough. Then I got some points to spend on lego on our equivalent of amazon and I bought the 3-in-1 pirate ship for him. They'll be sitting in a closet for a couple of years but in like 3 or 4 yours he's going to have the best birthday ever.

e: No pets, sorry, so here's a lego pet for the new page:

this is better than the dachshund in the dog set they just released (which is what i sent my sister as a quick gift post pregnancy lol). are there any mocs for this? my sister and my parents both have dascshunds so this has been something in the back of my mind for a minute. that looks like a cool build and i haven't seen really good snoots built out in lego but i think i prefer that over lego's version

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

moana posted:

Nobody in BFC speculates in lego, there were some jokey posts about money stuff because that's what you do when a thread migrates into an unrelated forum and BFCers are chill(er than the lego thread). The Lego thread should not be moved again, though, because there is clearly a contingent of posters who have some Legos stuck up their rear end about it.

i think people just dont want change. which sounds insane when you put it to the lego thread where legos are about building and rebuilding and the like. but, again, this is the second time in a couple of months that the thread has gotten moved around which, when we're all old and slow, and want to keep things at a consistent pace, its not ideal.

im not even a regular poster i just liked checking in on the thread and only started posting in it recently. my worthless opinion is just to keep it byob. or bfc. or hch. just keep it somewhere for a minute. i dont have anything against moving threads as a goof but doing it repeatedly feels weird unless its the total purpose of that thread. like the wanderer byob/gws thread

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
oh man my brothers and I had so many legos when we were younger. I think they're all mixed up in a couple of boxes back at my parents' place lol

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
some times we'd spread them all over the floor in my dad's office and build a rockin moonbase that would live for a little more than a weekend

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The only BYOB thread I go into is the LGBTQ+ one, so the colours threw me when I clicked on the thread title in my bookmarks. They're nice colours though! Bookmark supremacy, though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

moana posted:

The Lego thread should not be moved again, though, because there is clearly a contingent of posters who have some Legos stuck up their rear end about it.
It just feels like it's someone else's joke that we don't get any say in.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

oh man my brothers and I had so many legos when we were younger. I think they're all mixed up in a couple of boxes back at my parents' place lol
get the legos man!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think I've said this before but Fabulands are the best Legos, and they should bring them back. Also the original (or second after the original? I'm not a Lego historian) Lego geezers with articulated and potentially infinite-length arms.

e: these ones:

We used to get in fights over which way the lady geezers' wigs go on. According to the photo there, either way :eyepop: (The box was long gone.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 3, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think I've said this before but Fabulands are the best Legos, and they should bring them back. Also the original (or second after the original? I'm not a Lego historian) Lego geezers with articulated and potentially infinite-length arms.

e: these ones:

We used to get in fights over which way the lady geezers' wigs go on. According to the photo there, either way :eyepop: (The box was long gone.)

That's not Fabuland, though. Fabuland was the early 80's theme with the anthropomorphic animal minifigs.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 3, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Please let it be known that I am dumb.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/andrewbarnick/status/1465054571848507400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts