Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ok finished watching. What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xyDBnaZVRU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Waiting a month for the next race is gonna be torture

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

Waiting a month for the next race is gonna be torture

good news the next two formula e races are merely 3 weeks away

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
What a finish, the top two only being .2 seconds apart. Jesus what a nailbiter!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Charles Leclerc posted:

I hope Roy Nissany gets an F1 seat, he is so aggressively poo poo it reminds me of Maldonado.

Maldonado was decent.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Noted race winner Pastor Maldonado

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

drunkill posted:

hoping for a six car turn 1 pileup

a real chump posted:

Crash on turn one and they finish under SC anyway

spaceblancmange posted:

i guess they could restart it with a rolling SC start but we are on lap 58 and the SC lap would count as the last???

a real chump posted:

Wait wtf are they literally going back out to finish on track after 1 corner

lol more of a farce than abu dhabi bring back masi

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Really happy I stayed up to 3 am to watch this race live and that I was able to relive it all by reading through this thread now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I came home from the bar and turned on the race 40 minutes in, saw they were 40 minutes in with only ten laps done and watched Verstappen just loving jet past Hamilton. Laughed then went to bed. Great season F1 good job.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
most entertaining australian gp in years

edit: but that's mainly bc i pretend max is excluded

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It's weird because there's going to be 4 weeks off, but technically we could have back to back chaos races if baku welcomes us all in the right way

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
surprisingly tickets to the baku race arent that expensive, but the flights are, and then you are in baku

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Melbourne GP is a fromsoft title now

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We need some Italians to buy Red Bull so for at least a few races we get to hear a good anthem before the entire project goes to poo poo

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Bring back binotto imo

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

will probably be the most entertaining race of the season. not because of the racing though, but because of the chaos

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Baku will welcome all of us

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

now i've had a night to process that race let me say this for the record: lol

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Saw that the race video was three hours long, figured F1 hosed up somehow.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Iwasa is a bit of a surprise honestly. It’s still early.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Also Lmao at Yuki lurking in the background I just noticed.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This whole weekend was a clusterfuck of pandemonium and I'm here for it.

Checo DotW, he really embodied the binman spirit the most.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

slave to my cravings posted:

Bring back binotto imo

:hmmyes:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I’ve come down with the stomach flu so spent my time watching the race emptying my body of ill humours from both ends. I’m simultaneously freezing and on fire, the thought of standing up is the most exhausting thing I can think of, and my muscles feel like somebody has caned them for drug possession in Singapore.

I’m not entirely sure which was worse, this race or being that sick.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I’ve come down with the stomach flu so spent my time watching the race emptying my body of ill humours from both ends. I’m simultaneously freezing and on fire, the thought of standing up is the most exhausting thing I can think of, and my muscles feel like somebody has caned them for drug possession in Singapore.

It was the race OP, I just finished watching it and I should've left it where I stopped watching last night.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:allears:

Also, I need a clip of Toto and Fred talking after the 2nd Red Flag, when Toto notices they are being filmed and stops talking and then his eyes move around all shifty acting like he wasn't talking to him at all. :xd:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i liked when hamilton made george russell really mad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the race was worse because max won, if max won the stomach flu that would be great but he didn't, he won the race, which blows

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

It was the race OP, I just finished watching it and I should've left it where I stopped watching last night.

I thought it was fine until the red flags, and the end was a farce.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sunk Dunk posted:

surprisingly tickets to the baku race arent that expensive, but the flights are, and then you are in baku

But think of what a fun trip you could have to the giant skull and uh all the wavy looking skyscrapers.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

the race was worse because max won, if max won the stomach flu that would be great but he didn't, he won the race, which blows
Wise post from an extremely good poster here

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol I watched the onboard of Sargeant's gravel dive at the end and the marshall is on the other side of the fence shrugging and going "the gently caress was that?"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the milk machine posted:

i liked when hamilton made george russell really mad

he's pretty annoying on the radio, but who isn't i guess

I mean bottas wasn't actually?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Custard Undies posted:

:allears:

Also, I need a clip of Toto and Fred talking after the 2nd Red Flag, when Toto notices they are being filmed and stops talking and then his eyes move around all shifty acting like he wasn't talking to him at all. :xd:

Yeah he covered his mouth when he noticed the camera, I noticed Horner do the same thing earlier in the race too during one of the OTHER red flags.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
The aristocrats!

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

opposable thumbs.db posted:

They've been more entertaining than F1 so far I think (low bar). Martins looks like the perfect junior driver where he's fast, aggressive, clever, and prone to making random mistakes and spins.

Just watched the F2 feature race and haha Martins how do you crash someone else out during a safety car?

They apparently gave Martins only a ten second penalty, which will surely drop his finishing position down from already-last

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

A bit of kmags wheel actually struck someone in the stands

also the crowd got a bit rowdy at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGdNGti34A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spaceblancmange posted:

A bit of kmags wheel actually struck someone in the stands

also the crowd got a bit rowdy at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGdNGti34A

y'all wanted an Australian Grand Prix y'all got an Extremely loving Australian Grand Prix