Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So if it's a new publicly traded company, would Vince get to keep all the types of WWE stock that he currently owns that are apparently better than regular stocks in regards to being more powerful than regular shareholders, or would he only get regular ol' shares that don't grant him the extra shareholder powers he currently has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pokerface also owns

God is read this as Porkerface and was trying to figure out what that could be about

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hang on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm annoyed that it's not NBC because that would've opened the door for AEW to swoop in and get that FOX deal. This probably will actually change shockingly little about WWE's day to day.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

lmaooooooooo

Guess the reported debt Endeavor is in is either overblown or like most things in this hell world doesn't matter

And, $80 PPVS are so coming in the future and probably some subscription service as well

There's no money transferring, just a new company owned 51% by existing UFC shareholders and 49% by existing WWE shareholders.

I'm not a finance guy but I think this actually means Endeavour can use WWE's healthier balance sheet to negate some of Endeavours existing debt?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao going by the way they let Dana do whatever he wants, they’re absolutely going to let Vince stay in power like he wants

this is way funnier than the saudis imho

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
AEW has won the wrestling war.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

And, $80 PPVS are so coming in the future

They'd already been teasing this last week, specifically because of how it was going for UFC, so yeah they definitely knew this was coming and it's happening for sure now

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/nick-khan-wwe-open-to-conversations-about-returning-to-ppv-model

quote:

He said he loves how Peacock has expanded their audience with no upcharge and that Peacock executives would say a "substantial" portion of their 20 million paid subscribers is due to WWE.

But when asked if WWE was open to conversations about following the model ESPN and UFC has with ESPN+ and UFC PPVs, Khan said they were open to conversations and that if, for example, NBCU offered 5x in rights fees but needed to have an upcharge in order to do that, they would listen.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
How long after the deal goes through do you guys think it will before HHH "retires for health reasons" or gets axed as part of "corporate restructuring"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shard posted:

God is read this as Porkerface and was trying to figure out what that could be about

Former UK Prime Minister David Cameron?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How long after the deal goes through do you guys think it will before HHH "retires for health reasons" or gets axed as part of "corporate restructuring"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTkFgj4dA1w

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So if it's a new publicly traded company, would Vince get to keep all the types of WWE stock that he currently owns that are apparently better than regular stocks in regards to being more powerful than regular shareholders, or would he only get regular ol' shares that don't grant him the extra shareholder powers he currently has

No he would be selling all his stock to WME in a cash deal. They might assign him some in job role but he would be working for WME and not be the owner of WWE any longer.

Oh I see it's a stock deal, but still no Vince would still have shares of the company but he would not have voting control WME would. Otherwise why would they buy the company?

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

It can't be. Theory retained the US title. And the Women's tag titles weren't defended

i'm an idiot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:buddy:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Digital Jedi posted:

lmaooooooooo

Guess the reported debt Endeavor is in is either overblown or like most things in this hell world doesn't matter

And, $80 PPVS are so coming in the future and probably some subscription service as well

Lmao I didn’t even think about that. I can’t wait till people have to pay for a Vince booked Extreme Rules: The Horror Show headlined by Cody against Austin Theory

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1642639827274432512?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

epic mustache :buddy: the blood line :buddy: putting smiles on faces :buddy:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Any chance this could be treated as a monopoly?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Lmfao. It's wrestling. Nobody gives a gently caress. A serial rapist performed a coup to get back into power and his company is worth more than ever.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

How? Neither UFC or WWE do the same thing?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Time to merge the UFC and WWE threads.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope the first thing Endeavor does is take away Ariel Helwani’s journalist access

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

No. AEW and Bellator exist as viable secondary leagues. You can argue that WWE is certainly trying to create a monopoly, but AEW beating the brakes off of NXT shows that they're too incompetent at it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

why would it be a monopoly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Lmfao. It's wrestling. Nobody gives a gently caress. A serial rapist performed a coup to get back into power and his company is worth more than ever.

But don't point it out or you might harsh the Mania vibes. :laffo:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

anyways came in here to post: lol

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

"i can't wait to see how ol vinny mac wriggles his way out of of THIS jam"

[he wriggles his way out easily]

"ah, well, nevertheless,"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wrestlemania Goes to Hollywood Sunday is going to be so awesome. The guy who pawned off women to his subordinates to be used like toys after he got done raping them is back in Gorilla position. Thank you Vince!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan to book Forbidden Door Brawl For All Edition with Bellator in response

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The funny thing here is Tony Khan is actually really really good friends with Dana White.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

IT'S THE SPORT'S ENTERTAINMENT MONOPOLY, BROTHER!

WE'RE ALL GETTING WORKED!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Does Endeavor already funnel money to the same trans hate promoting PAC or will the money get spread further around?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Does Endeavor already funnel money to the same trans hate promoting PAC or will the money get spread further around?

Endeavor is run by some of the biggest democratic donors in the nation so I doubt it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

Endeavor is run by some of the biggest democratic donors in the nation so I doubt it.

Bad news about many Democrats

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Bad news about many Democrats

For sure, but I doubt their directly supporting any of that. But also Ari has a very close relationship with his former client Donald Trump as well.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

time for Vince to book UFC

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they're gonna fire so many people on the roster lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

they're gonna fire so many people on the roster lol

ROH is going to get a full roster

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/i...=12%2F31%2F2022 Heres Ari Emanuel's contributions for the year. Pretty milquetoast Democrat stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
They're going to fire so many people.